Anyone watching the Arsenal game?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Good point. I would've if I were Sesc Fabregas, no danger. I'd have flipped her over and given her the old back-scuttle across the kitchen table whilst at the same time putting my hands behind my head shouting "Heba, heba, hunderlez". That's what I'd have done for sure.
May the bridges I burn light your way

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:53 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:I like Fabregas, if only because I've known him since he was about 16 and he was living with one of these women who takes the Club's foreign youngsters in (she had Senderos at the same time)
Did either of them scuttle her?
They're professional footballers so surely it should be did they "spit" her :wink:
Ahem, as she is a woman in her late 50's I seriously doubt whether they or she would have the desire or inclination for a 'spit' or 'scuttle' and frankly I expected better from you guys. This isn't WanderersWays you know. :evil:

Had it been Wayne Rooney however..................................
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:03 pm

spraggy wrote:
Backgammon wrote:I thought it strange that ITV had put Utd on their main channel and tucked Arsenal away on ITV 4.. Surely the Milan Vs Arsenal game was the stand-out fixture?

Really enjoyed the game, and it was surprisingly open for such a delicately balanced game.

At one stage it looked like it could get really embarrassing for Milan, mind you I imagine that the 0-2 home defeat will be embarrassing enough. I wonder what the Italian press made of it?
Well, the locals are not happy, but full of praise for Arsenal. This from the Corriera della Sera:

"L'Arsenal dei ragazzi non ha avuto paura dei mostri sacri del Milan. A San Siro i gunners si sono imposti per 2-0, con due reti nel finale. I campioni d'Europa in carica, così, non potranno difendere la Coppa vinta nella scorsa stagione, malgrado la fiducia del numero uno della squadra rossonera, Silvio Berlusconi, che si era detto sicuro di passare il turno e approdare nei quarti. Il successo dei londinesi è stato firmato da due dei talenti più brillanti: lo spagnolo Cesc Fabregas, autore del vantaggio al 40' della ripresa e al togolese Adebayor, che ha arrotondato il risultato allo scadere."
The funniest thing was seeing Berlusconi's face at the final whistle.
my thoughts exactly! :?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:17 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
spraggy wrote:
Backgammon wrote:I thought it strange that ITV had put Utd on their main channel and tucked Arsenal away on ITV 4.. Surely the Milan Vs Arsenal game was the stand-out fixture?

Really enjoyed the game, and it was surprisingly open for such a delicately balanced game.

At one stage it looked like it could get really embarrassing for Milan, mind you I imagine that the 0-2 home defeat will be embarrassing enough. I wonder what the Italian press made of it?
Well, the locals are not happy, but full of praise for Arsenal. This from the Corriera della Sera:

"L'Arsenal dei ragazzi non ha avuto paura dei mostri sacri del Milan. A San Siro i gunners si sono imposti per 2-0, con due reti nel finale. I campioni d'Europa in carica, così, non potranno difendere la Coppa vinta nella scorsa stagione, malgrado la fiducia del numero uno della squadra rossonera, Silvio Berlusconi, che si era detto sicuro di passare il turno e approdare nei quarti. Il successo dei londinesi è stato firmato da due dei talenti più brillanti: lo spagnolo Cesc Fabregas, autore del vantaggio al 40' della ripresa e al togolese Adebayor, che ha arrotondato il risultato allo scadere."
The funniest thing was seeing Berlusconi's face at the final whistle.
my thoughts exactly! :?
Well, according to google this translates as:

"The Arsenal boys had no fear of sacred monsters of Milan. San Siro the gunners were imposed to 2-0 with two networks in the final. Samples of Europe in office, thus, can not defend the Cup won last season, despite the confidence of a number of team rossonera Silvio Berlusconi, who said they were sure to go round and the lead in the quarter. Success of London was signed by two of the brightest talents: the Spanish Cesc Fabregas , author of advantage on 40 'and the resumption of Togolese Adebayor, who rounded the result to expire. "

I'm rather sorry Adebayor expired in the moment of victory, although I realize a marathon runner like commie would indeed understand the issue. Certainly we can all appreciate a goal is a network.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.