biggest game of our season...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonaremysecondteam wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Aye he did well to score it seeing as it seems like he had a broken leg at the time!

Trouble is 2-2 is a great score for Barca and with no Fabregas for the return leg you're out of that.

And IF he has broken his leg, you're out of the title race as well.
He's not broken his leg but i suspect he will be out for a while (so i guess he couldn't have played second leg anyway) I'd have much rather preferred a 0-0 draw then Barca scoring 2 away goals. I fully expect us to lose something like 3-0 at their place anyway but talk about an exciting match last night.
Do you know something I don't? Fabregas has been quoted as saying he "thinks" it is broken. No word that it isn't!
I see now he thinks that it might be but surely it can't be that serious? He managed to stay on the pitch as we had no more subs. It wasn't a Ramsey/Eduardo type break. Maybe its wishful thinking but i really hope its nowt too serious - we need him for the rest of the season!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Aye he did well to score it seeing as it seems like he had a broken leg at the time!

Trouble is 2-2 is a great score for Barca and with no Fabregas for the return leg you're out of that.

He's not broken his leg but i suspect he will be out for a while (so i guess he couldn't have played second leg anyway) I'd have much rather preferred a 0-0 draw then Barca scoring 2 away goals. I fully expect us to lose something like 3-0 at their place anyway but talk about an exciting match last night.
Do you know something I don't? Fabregas has been quoted as saying he "thinks" it is broken. No word that it isn't!
I see now he thinks that it might be but surely it can't be that serious? He managed to stay on the pitch as we had no more subs. It wasn't a Ramsey/Eduardo type break. Maybe its wishful thinking but i really hope its nowt too serious - we need him for the rest of the season!
he must have the physique of a twiglet....

either that - or a chicken...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Don't think I've ever seen anything like those first 20 minutes in terms of domination. Should've been 5-0 at half time.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Fabregas seems to think its fairly likely that he's done for this season!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Athers wrote:Don't think I've ever seen anything like those first 20 minutes in terms of domination. Should've been 5-0 at half time.
If it wasn't for Almunia it would have been.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Nothing better than giving Arsenal fans a faint glimmer of hope for another week, only to bring it crashing down around their insecure little heads.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Agree, though I think Barca's finishing was a little off from what it should've been.. They seemed to be almost smashing their chances too close to Almunia instead of the several chances they had to just slot them in the corner. I'm thinking Xavi especially.

Given this you might argue suppose I can't say it should've been any score at half time really...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Athers wrote:Don't think I've ever seen anything like those first 20 minutes in terms of domination. Should've been 5-0 at half time.
If it wasn't for Ibrahimovic it would have been.
Fixed. :wink:

Seriously, I didn't think Almunia made many spectacular saves . . . the Barca players just shot right at him.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Deary me

The one where he charged off his line to be right on top of the bloke shooting was top, top class
Sto ut Serviam

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:59 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Deary me

The one where he charged off his line to be right on top of the bloke shooting was top, top class
The one where he charged off his line and got chipped by Zlatan wasn't.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Not saying the keeper couldn't have done anything else, but when you're that close in and you're Xavi, a side foot into the corner was all that was required.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Athers wrote:Not saying the keeper couldn't have done anything else, but when you're that close in and you're Xavi, a side foot into the corner was all that was required.
He tried that.....
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Meh it'll be close, Barca will win. You'll miss Fibreglass, they'll miss Iniesta.
and Bendy will miss a sitter!
I claim my £5

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:30 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Deary me

Indeed, and the one just before where his outstretched left arm stopped Ibrahimovic's shot wasn't bad either, or the one after about 15 secs fromt he corner. He fooked up the first goal, but he made some blinding saves too. Think someone is being harsh on Xavi, keeper was right on top of him, and he was falling back on the turn, the IBrahimovic one before was a worse miss, just roll it in the corner. Messi had too from the edge of the box where he went for power too, and rammed 'em straight down Almunia's throat. He's nowhere near a good enough keeper for a team that wants to win stuff, but he played very well last night.

And it's still a pen :mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

That's the second time in a few days you've referred to me as 'someone' on this forum, I dunno what I've done to you, whoever you are

;)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Athers wrote:That's the second time in a few days you've referred to me as 'someone' on this forum, I dunno what I've done to you, whoever you are

;)
:mrgreen: Really? When was t'other? Please tell me you're not the person who's hero is John Carew as well?! Maybe you just get into my subconscious. That sounds weird.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

apparently today's scan says there is a tiny wee crack and he's out for the rest of the season....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:52 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... the-season

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The only thing thats cheered me up is an online report of the game comparing Ibramovichs goal to a bolton one...
Their opening goal, scored 22 seconds into the second half and before Wenger had even returned to his seat, was more Bolton than Barcelona. A long ball forward from the centre half and a lob over the goalkeeper. OK, so Kevin Davies might have struggled to finish with the finesse of Ibrahimovic, but you get the drift.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0jrtAHf1l

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 pm

boltonaremysecondteam wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... the-season

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The only thing thats cheered me up is an online report of the game comparing Ibramovichs goal to a bolton one...
Their opening goal, scored 22 seconds into the second half and before Wenger had even returned to his seat, was more Bolton than Barcelona. A long ball forward from the centre half and a lob over the goalkeeper. OK, so Kevin Davies might have struggled to finish with the finesse of Ibrahimovic, but you get the drift.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0jrtAHf1l
and presumably the dailymail reporter thinks it should only count half?? :roll:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Athers wrote:That's the second time in a few days you've referred to me as 'someone' on this forum, I dunno what I've done to you, whoever you are

;)
:mrgreen: Really? When was t'other? Please tell me you're not the person who's hero is John Carew as well?! Maybe you just get into my subconscious. That sounds weird.
I believe it was when you were estimating my salary and asking if I want those evil Tory c*nts in for 1% more of it!