Match of the Day and Female Commentators

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Female Commentators on Footy

Good thing
40%
Bad thing
60%

Total votes: 30

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Mon May 14, 2007 3:11 pm

First time I heard her commentate last night and I must say she was well shit. Get her off! She makes that Welsh geezer who always does the crap games at the end seem good!

kagni
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kagni » Mon May 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Heard her for the first time last night, thought she was poor.
She mentioned Zheng Zhi from Charlton three times and each time said that he was the Chinese captain.
After the third time I was hoping he'd get the ball again just to see if she'd tell us one more time.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon May 14, 2007 6:32 pm

She is bloody awful.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon May 14, 2007 8:50 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT.

Really poor again tonight.
Afraid you're right.

However 'inclusive' & open minded I'm trying to be her voice just doesn't work.

I also think Jonathon Pearce peaked on Robot-Wars. He's a good journalist, but he could open cans with that screeching of his.
His voice is made for Robot Wars, unfortunately when watching football you just expect Sgt. Bash to be coming on as a sub any second.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon May 14, 2007 9:04 pm

One more example of why change is not good!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue May 15, 2007 11:55 am

kagni wrote:Heard her for the first time last night, thought she was poor.
She mentioned Zheng Zhi from Charlton three times and each time said that he was the Chinese captain.
After the third time I was hoping he'd get the ball again just to see if she'd tell us one more time.
I noticed that too (probably everyone did) - obviously she was short on notes for him..

While she's in a position that's an easy target for abuse, she's not been good at all and I'm sure there are better female alternatives out there. One of them that does the women's football maybe.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Athers wrote:
kagni wrote:Heard her for the first time last night, thought she was poor.
I noticed that too (probably everyone did) - obviously she was short on notes for him..

While she's in a position that's an easy target for abuse, she's not been good at all and I'm sure there are better female alternatives out there. One of them that does the women's football maybe.
Womens Football??? What next? Shotputting?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue May 15, 2007 12:07 pm

It's terrible, but for the 5 minutes I usually watch per game before remembering that fact, the commentary isn't as bad as Jacqui on MOTD.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 pm

Cassie Campbell, retired captain of Canada's world champion and Olympic champion women's hockey teams, has joined the broadcast booth as a colour commentator for NHL hockey. She not only knows a lot more about the sport that some of the talking heads - she is a lot easier to look at too. So I have no problem with women commentators in our national sport.

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 1:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Cassie Campbell, retired captain of Canada's world champion and Olympic champion women's hockey teams, has joined the broadcast booth as a colour commentator for NHL hockey. She not only knows a lot more about the sport that some of the talking heads - she is a lot easier to look at too. So I have no problem with women commentators in our national sport.

What does she sound like though?

North American women can sometimes have a bit more of a drawl than their English counterparts, meaning they might be better suited to commentating.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue May 15, 2007 1:05 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Cassie Campbell, retired captain of Canada's world champion and Olympic champion women's hockey teams, has joined the broadcast booth as a colour commentator for NHL hockey. She not only knows a lot more about the sport that some of the talking heads - she is a lot easier to look at too. So I have no problem with women commentators in our national sport.

What does she sound like though?

North American women can sometimes have a bit more of a drawl than their English counterparts, meaning they might be better suited to commentating.
Fairly low pitched contralto - not at all hard on the ear and speaks reasonably slowly. Colour commentators here don't do the commentary - they analyze during pauses
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.