ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat May 12, 2007 4:37 pm

officer_dibble wrote:could someone dig out the match report from the newcastle game? The Newcastle Daily Paper in question, the Chronicle, has been one of BSA's biggest critics IIRC...
Here you go -

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newc ... _page.html

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Sat May 12, 2007 5:02 pm

bobby5 wrote:Assuming Allardyce is appointed on Monday, I hope any poaching of staff, buying of players will happen quickly. This can't carry on through the close season. I'll be glad when all this is over and the 2007/08 season starts.
Seconded
Stay up

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat May 12, 2007 5:06 pm

I doubt Bolton will allow it - at least as far as they are able....

They're already looking at the compensation clause in his contract and I would be surprised if his contract didn't include some reference about approaching players / staff still under contract......
Smarties have answers.....

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat May 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Ben Haim and Distin are NAILED on to be Toon centre-halves methinks come July 1st

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat May 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Batman wrote:Ben Haim and Distin are NAILED on to be Toon centre-halves methinks come July 1st
Rumours, lies and just plain rubbish. Other than basing this assumption on your bat sense, what else drives you to this conclusion?
Smarties have answers.....

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat May 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Bench wrote:I think it will be a tough time for Sam in Geordie land - they have expectations way above their station. Having said that, Big Sam deserves success (after everything he's done for the Philanderers)....I just hope that it isn't at our expense...

My dickhead mate at work doesn't want him at Toon cos of his one season at Sunnerlann

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat May 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Bench wrote:
Batman wrote:Ben Haim and Distin are NAILED on to be Toon centre-halves methinks come July 1st
Rumours, lies and just plain rubbish. Other than basing this assumption on your bat sense, what else drives you to this conclusion?

Lidl beer

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat May 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Batman wrote:
Bench wrote:

Lidl beer
:lol: :pray:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Batman wrote:
Bench wrote:

Lidl beer
:pray:

Excellent, fer a Radcliffe ginge
Sto ut Serviam

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat May 12, 2007 7:09 pm

Bury/Great Lever/Preston I can stand, but not feckin Radcliffe :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 12, 2007 8:30 pm

Newcy paper wrote:while United players have lost over 400 hours of playing time this season because of injuries, Bolton only lost 70.
Interesting...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 12, 2007 9:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Newcy paper wrote:while United players have lost over 400 hours of playing time this season because of injuries, Bolton only lost 70.
Interesting...
Interesting indeed. As, I find, is this bit;
Evenin' Stottie wrote:And this was because Allardyce and his backroom staff came up with a formula to prevent injuries before they happen.
How does that work? Do think it goes something along the lines of "D'ya see that feck* with Thatcher on his back?......." :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sat May 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Although there remains a doubt over Allardyce's preferred backroom staff at St James' Park - and it is something of a sticking point - this was a remarkably public venue for a meeting that might have been expected to be clandestine. Its public nature suggests Allardyce and Newcastle may have been given permission by Bolton to negotiate.

Bolton are this week believed to have offered a new role and a new contract to Mike Forde in order to deter one of Allardyce's important right-hand men at Bolton from joining him on Tyneside. Time will tell if other figures significant to Allardyce at Bolton move further north.
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 67,00.html
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 12, 2007 11:55 pm

sluffy wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:could someone dig out the match report from the newcastle game? The Newcastle Daily Paper in question, the Chronicle, has been one of BSA's biggest critics IIRC...
Here you go -

Not how I remember it actually, I'm sure it was all Boltons horrible tactics horrible team blah blah blah, probably been censored now. I actually bought the paper as was in toon that day, was a hoot. Anyways we'll see what they say after a few uninspiring 0-0's

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun May 13, 2007 12:07 am

officer_dibble wrote:
sluffy wrote:
Here you go -

Not how I remember it actually, I'm sure it was all Boltons horrible tactics horrible team blah blah blah, probably been censored now. I actually bought the paper as was in toon that day, was a hoot. Anyways we'll see what they say after a few uninspiring 0-0's
Maybe this is what you are thinking of then - it is more an editorial rather than the match report -

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200 ... _page.html

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun May 13, 2007 12:10 am

Shearer said: "I believe Sam Allardyce has the sort of strong personality to sort out Newcastle and set them in the right direction again.

"The job he has done at Bolton has been unbelievable.

"It is clear he can motivate players. He comes across as a straight-talking manager who gets his message across to the players. And he will not take any messing around either.

"That is what you need at a club - someone single-minded and strong."

Allardyce has proved he can not only motivate big names but get fading stars shining again and discover players we have never heard of.

Shearer added: "He has taken players from all sorts of clubs and from all different parts of the world.

"Just look at some of the names he has had who have played at the very top, like Djorkaeff, Anelka, Campo. He has got them playing for Bolton and helping to make the club into a Premiership force.

"He has also discovered some great players as well and reinvigorated those who looked on their way out.

"He went into that club and laid down the foundations for success - and this is what Newcastle needs.

"I don't claim to know the man well personally. But I am good friends with Gary Speed at Bolton and he is a massive fan of Sam."

Some Newcastle fans are not sure about Allardyce because of a perception he plays a long-ball game. Wrong in Shearer's view.

He said: "You do not get up to fifth or sixth in the Premiership table by playing a long-ball game.

"Neither can you play it with players like Anelka and El-Hadji Diouf in the side.

"I have seen Bolton play many times and theirs is effective and successful football. And every club wants that."
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:45 pm

Bizarre interview with Phil Gartside just now on Five Live. I couldn't work out whether he was totally pissed or just pissed-off! Asked if Allardyce had been tapped up by Newcastle he said 'I don't know and i don't care', he then went on to say 'Freddie is my best mate' which seems to suggest that Newcastle have settled the compensation issue...
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun May 13, 2007 5:48 pm

trotter58 wrote:Bizarre interview with Phil Gartside just now on Five Live. I couldn't work out whether he was totally pissed or just pissed-off! Asked if Allardyce had been tapped up by Newcastle he said 'I don't know and i don't care', he then went on to say 'Freddie is my best mate' which seems to suggest that Newcastle have settled the compensation issue...
Good. I wasn't the only one who heard it. It was totally bizarre.

durham_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by durham_wanderer » Sun May 13, 2007 7:06 pm

If allardyce does end up at Newcastle I think he will regret it very quickly. I live amongst geordies and the thing that seperates them from other fans in the prem is that they demand SO much from their team. I really don't think mid-table and the standard allardyce style of football will be good enough for them and he's gonna struggle to get much more than that with that group of players. Added to that the fact he's gonna have the interfering Shephard to deal with instead of Gartside and I think Sam will regret the day he left Bolton to move onto "better things" like so many players/managers have done before him.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:24 pm

durham_wanderer wrote: I think Sam will regret the day he left Bolton to move onto "better things" like so many players/managers have done before him.
Didn't Michael Ricketts leave Bolton for a better club? :D
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"