ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

Post by trotter58 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:41 pm

Breaking news just announed by Five Live. Thought he wanted a break?!
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon May 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Could see it coming to be honest (if that's true). None of the other 'big' jobs are available and Sam said last time that it was the right offer at the right time. Good luck, Sam. It'll take you three/four years to build something half decent with that crock of shite - so you'll need all the luck you can bleedin' get.
Smarties have answers.....

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon May 07, 2007 7:51 pm

yeah it's official, will he take nolan please? do we get any compo from this, i heard we get a couple of mil..?

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Bench wrote:Good luck, Sam.
'Good luck'?! He's shafted us out of millions of pounds in compensation! There's a right way and a wrong way to leave a club.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon May 07, 2007 7:52 pm

enrdentw wrote:yeah it's official, will he take nolan please? do we get any compo from this, i heard we get a couple of mil..?
Dunno about the compensation.

And anyone who would be happy to be rid of Nolan after one poor season doesn't have a scooby doo about football. Just my opinion.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

He did it to Notts County, we weren't complaining then. Hope it works out ok ish for him, but that they always finish below us...

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Still think he'll chip up for a wave and a jig on Sunday?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon May 07, 2007 7:54 pm

I wanna wish him luck, but I want us to finish above them every year so...

Just hope he leaves our coaching staff and playing staff alone. No doubt the gossip columns will be full of it.

It will be interesting to see how he does there, big test for him and a big chance that he does deserve.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:55 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Hope it works out ok ish for him, but that they always finish below us...
He'll have to change his style. The Geordies won't stand for the long-ball tactics. Just hope he doesn't come back for Anelka...

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm

daxter15 wrote:I wanna wish him luck, but I want us to finish above them every year so...

Just hope he leaves our coaching staff and playing staff alone. No doubt the gossip columns will be full of it.

It will be interesting to see how he does there, big test for him and a big chance that he does deserve.
The bright side.....

If Big Sam does come calling for any of our players, we won't be selling any of the ones he'd want cheap (i.e. Anelka, Nolan, Diouf, Davies, Faye etc). Has he'll a warchest the size of the national debt of a small African country (why else would he have joined?) he'll probably have to pay a premium. Which may prove to be very good for us.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Still think he'll chip up for a wave and a jig on Sunday?
From tonight's B.E.N:

'Allardyce, meanwhile, is expected to turn down a chance to say his goodbyes to the fans he left behind at the Reebok.

He has been invited by chairman, Phil Gartside, to attend Sunday's final match of the season.

But Allardyce, manager for the last seven-and-a-half years, is unlikely to accept it.

He has told friends he has no intention of being at the Aston Villa game or at the official Player of the Year event at the Reebok on Sunday evening.'

I wonder why?!

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Bench wrote:The bright side..... Big Sam does come calling for any of our players, we won't be selling any of the ones he'd want cheap (i.e. Anelka, Nolan, Diouf, Davies, Faye etc). Has he'll a warchest the size of the national debt of a small African country (why else would he have joined?) he'll probably have to pay a premium. Which may prove to be very good for us.
How is selling our best players 'very good for us'?!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon May 07, 2007 8:02 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Still think he'll chip up for a wave and a jig on Sunday?
From tonight's B.E.N:

'Allardyce, meanwhile, is expected to turn down a chance to say his goodbyes to the fans he left behind at the Reebok.

He has been invited by chairman, Phil Gartside, to attend Sunday's final match of the season.

But Allardyce, manager for the last seven-and-a-half years, is unlikely to accept it.

He has told friends he has no intention of being at the Aston Villa game or at the official Player of the Year event at the Reebok on Sunday evening.'

I wonder why?!
Something tells me that invitation is not in Phil's pocket tonight!!!!!!!!!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Mon May 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Bench wrote:Could see it coming to be honest (if that's true). None of the other 'big' jobs are available and Sam said last time that it was the right offer at the right time. Good luck, Sam. It'll take you three/four years to build something half decent with that crock of shite - so you'll need all the luck you can bleedin' get.
He needs four new defenders and that's about it.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon May 07, 2007 8:03 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Bench wrote:The bright side..... Big Sam does come calling for any of our players, we won't be selling any of the ones he'd want cheap (i.e. Anelka, Nolan, Diouf, Davies, Faye etc). Has he'll a warchest the size of the national debt of a small African country (why else would he have joined?) he'll probably have to pay a premium. Which may prove to be very good for us.
How is selling our best players 'very good for us'?!
In terms of having more money to spend.

I never said I wanted to sell our best players, I'm just saying that if we had to sell (or wanted) we could potentially charge a premium for players of that importance. Personally, we need to keep all of the players I listed, plus a few more besides - it's just not very often that we have actually sold a player and got the right value for him.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon May 07, 2007 8:05 pm

as i said in t'other thread, i wish him well, as much as i dislike the geordies, be very interesting to see how he does in such a high pressure job

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 07, 2007 8:07 pm

trotter58 wrote:
From tonight's B.E.N:

He has told friends he has no intention of being at the Aston Villa game or at the official Player of the Year event at the Reebok on Sunday evening.'I wonder why?!

That wording smacks of something not entirely amiable despite PG's invitation. Either something happened we don't know about or Sam's afraid of a negative reception. He could have avoided any of it by waiting two weeks. The Newcastle thing is a disappointment because of the way it's been done. Makes nonsense of all Sam said last week. Leaves a sour taste despite his service to us. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days.
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Mon May 07, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon May 07, 2007 8:07 pm

Bench wrote:Could see it coming to be honest (if that's true). None of the other 'big' jobs are available and Sam said last time that it was the right offer at the right time. Good luck, Sam. It'll take you three/four years to build something half decent with that crock of shite - so you'll need all the luck you can bleedin' get.
sort the defence out and he's golden tbh

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon May 07, 2007 8:07 pm

Epitaph wrote:
Duff - a crock
Owen - a crock
Ameoba - shite

Can't even remember the rest of the squad. Think he needs more than four defenders.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon May 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Bench wrote:
Epitaph wrote:
Duff - a crock
Owen - a crock
Ameoba - shite

Can't even remember the rest of the squad. Think he needs more than four defenders.
a lot depends on keeping owen fit, otherwise they have an excellent keeper and a very decent striker in martins and the midfield isn't half bad