McClaren Out !!!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:03 am

erm poor defensive and fitness are not things you can lay at Beckham, he had a played with a knock last night thanks to Mclaren's desperation. And he works back and puts in more challenges than Jason Macteer ever did for us.

Beckham should not be the target of any questioningm-it should be the fact that as soon as he went of we were clueless again. The reason we'll never win anything is that we are one dimensional. Keiron dyer can beat a man but doesn't know when to release the ball, he just runs in to dead-ends.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:30 am

communistworkethic wrote:erm poor defensive and fitness are not things you can lay at Beckham, he had a played with a knock last night thanks to Mclaren's desperation. And he works back and puts in more challenges than Jason Macteer ever did for us.

Beckham should not be the target of any questioningm-it should be the fact that as soon as he went of we were clueless again. The reason we'll never win anything is that we are one dimensional. Keiron dyer can beat a man but doesn't know when to release the ball, he just runs in to dead-ends.
Agreed, it is much the same with Lennon and SWP. Sprinting down the right hand side, getting to the corner, then not having a clue what to do next!

Why should Beckham sprint anywhere? There is no point sprinting half of the field to a position to cross, when you have the ability to put the ball in the same place sooner from 40 yards away.

It's been a long time since we've seen two England playing on the smae wave length, but that has clearly been the case between Owen and Beckham over the last two matches.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:36 am

admittedly Beckham has one hell of an end product, though the room they were giving him last night I think even Ricardo Gardner could put it on Crouch's forehead

I stand by what i said, i don't think Beckham is great defensive. also i didn't say fitness i said physical attributes, ie he is slow and not very strong

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 am

Pah !! 3-0 ... against Estonia !?!?

McClaren Out !!!

(I had this ready, I just needed to add the score once I knew it).
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:12 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Agreed, it is much the same with Lennon and SWP. Sprinting down the right hand side, getting to the corner, then not having a clue what to do next!

Why should Beckham sprint anywhere? There is no point sprinting half of the field to a position to cross, when you have the ability to put the ball in the same place sooner from 40 yards away.

It's been a long time since we've seen two England playing on the smae wave length, but that has clearly been the case between Owen and Beckham over the last two matches.
Aye, it used to be called the "early ball". Even David Lee, fast as he was, could deliver them for McGinley and co. Beckham
is one of the best exponents of it. Passing the ball into the net is okay if you're Brazil, or have the players capable of doing it.
Now, running to the bye line and landing crosses in the keepers hands have taken over. The ball needs dropping on the edge of the box to players coming in. Nolan was much more effective when we did that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:52 pm

MCLAREN IN
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:35 pm

Ginger Guardian wrote:MCLAREN IS A GENIUS

Steve Mclaren is an actual genius and we'll tell you why. Sven's reign was dogged with so-called under achievement. We allegedly had the best squad ever at our disposal. But expectation both in the media and in the stands grew out of control. The more people expected us to win, the more we were never going to do that.

Steve Mclaren on the other hand has a plan up his sleeve.

"Well," started the ex-Boro boss flashing his trademark unnaturally white set of gnashers. "For starters I don't want to enter next years competition with anyone thinking we've actually got a chance of winning it. Hell no, we have a different game plan."

And as the smug red-faced wanker continued describing his master plan - and not once did his trademark smug flash of white unnatural gnashers cease - it sank in. And it's brilliant. To make the entire nation forget about the national team. For people to think that we are hardly capable of overcoming Andorra - so how the hell can we win a competition.

"Next year," he continued. "The whole nation will be transfixed on Andrew Murray. Yes Andrew Murray. They'll be playing in their Fredalo's and they'll know the LBW law better than the offside law. Then we will step up to the plate."

So there it is, there's Steve's plan of genii. To play down our expectations. To make us look the other way. And then deliver.

To prove his ultimate genius, we asked Steve his thoughts on the recent gingerism argument - relating to the family driven out of their home for being ginger. "I couldn't possibly comment," said big Mac. "I'm auburn."

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:24 am

So don't hold out on us Ginger how much did you make all up?

If it's more than $50 you should be England manager. At least you could predict the scores right to the media.
What could've happened; did.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:16 am

mullayo wrote:So don't hold out on us Ginger how much did you make all up?

If it's more than $50 you should be England manager. At least you could predict the scores right to the media.
tripled my money, s'all i'll say