Play off final.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Play off final.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Can anyone tell me how come there are a shed-load of empty seats at the Play Off Final?

I thought that both clubs complained that they hadn't satisfied demand? :conf:

What's going on?
May the bridges I burn light your way

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Mon May 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Unused 'Wembley season tickets' I think.
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 28, 2007 3:20 pm

chris wrote:Unused 'Wembley season tickets' I think.
Ahh, interesting. Two points, first off - Isn't there a facility in place to re-distribute unwanted places and subsequently reimburse the debenture holders? Secondly, Is there only me that considers this to be perhaps the most important, and, accordingly, the most alluring final of the season? For me, as a neutral, it's usurped the FA Cup Final completely.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon May 28, 2007 3:28 pm

Pisses me off that these Wembley club tickets don't just get sold to the two teams fans, you know the teams that are actually in THE DAMN MATCH.

I'm thinking WBA will go up. Look much the stronger.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Mon May 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Daxter wrote: I'm thinking WBA will go up. Look much the stronger.

no chance

Derby will win

er...about 1-0
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 28, 2007 5:01 pm

That'll do, get Koumas up here now Sammy.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Mon May 28, 2007 5:04 pm

id rather have Camara tbh
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 28, 2007 5:18 pm

Could we use Gera? We most certainly could've a couple of years ago. What now? :conf:

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Could we use Gera? We most certainly could've a couple of years ago. What now? :conf:
I thought Gera looked absolutely crap today. I don't know what all the fuss is about this guy.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm

Koren looks a good player though!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Mich Caine wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Could we use Gera? We most certainly could've a couple of years ago. What now? :conf:
I thought Gera looked absolutely crap today. I don't know what all the fuss is about this guy.
Then you've been far too busy rustling up a Lardy Lard - Double Cheese with large order Lard , or whatever, whenever this guy's been busy getting stuck into our lot? :conf:

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
chris wrote:Unused 'Wembley season tickets' I think.
Ahh, interesting. Two points, first off - Isn't there a facility in place to re-distribute unwanted places and subsequently reimburse the debenture holders? Secondly, Is there only me that considers this to be perhaps the most important, and, accordingly, the most alluring final of the season? For me, as a neutral, it's usurped the FA Cup Final completely.
I'm surprised at you for being so naive, Bruce. The overwhelming majority of the 'club Wembley' members are unlikely to be fans of any description. After the cup final, the empty spaces this afternoon have just underlined the fact that this stadium was always going to be one for the suits, rather than the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Gera only made the bench for the semi's so....

:?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon May 28, 2007 5:38 pm

commentators mentioned empty seats, didn't they say something about segregation? :conf: weird. i would've loved to have gone, even to the League 2 one just to say i'd been to wembley

good game, much better than FA Cup final. Thought Koumas was best player on the pitch. wasn't a massive fan of him in the past but he looks much stronger and quicker and i reckon someone'll snap him up - could even be that elusive speedy midfielder we need.

derby were lucky. they don't like they have an awful lot about them. the key to staying in the prem for me is scoring goals and i don't think that team has too many goals in them. then again, last season i said i thought watford would be the only ones to stay up

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Derby will definately go down if they continue to have 'lump it to Howard' as their main target. They won't get many 1-0s in the Premiership either with Darren Moore at the back.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon May 28, 2007 5:49 pm

They do have an extra option if wunderkid Barnes stays there. Though I still think they'll go straight back down.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 28, 2007 5:52 pm

Le Snake wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Isn't there a facility in place to re-distribute unwanted places and subsequently reimburse the debenture holders?.
I'm surprised at you for being so naive, Bruce. The overwhelming majority of the 'club Wembley' members are unlikely to be fans of any description. After the cup final, the empty spaces this afternoon have just underlined the fact that this stadium was always going to be one for the suits, rather than the fans.
Hence my question, Le Snake, and perhaps a little less naive than you think :wink: . Business brains smart enough to work out the true value of utilising their corporate seats to maximum effect by impressing the relevant heads on cup final day/international game/ big gig day. Smart money would also be tapping into the PR value of giving those ultimately priceless, yet unwanted tickets back to the supporters on Play-Off final day, and furthermore, making something of a stink about it in the press, on a day which means everything to the true football supporter, man in the street, their very own customer, etc. etc. See? :conf:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 pm

These are the ten year tickets.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/seatsandb ... sandboxes/

No mention of play off games.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Mon May 28, 2007 6:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:
Then you've been far too busy rustling up a Lardy Lard - Double Cheese with large order Lard , or whatever, whenever this guy's been busy getting stuck into our lot? :conf:
No, I agree he had some fine games in the Premiership and stood out in a poor team, but if you had seen him play this season then maybe you would have seen this too? :conf:
If he cannot stand out in a championship team then why should he be good enough for us? :conf:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 pm

I think I was sat in a 10 yr seat at the Morecambe play off last week, it had been surrendered. Would of thought it would be a guaranteed 90k today, the FA need to sort it out. Great to see big Darren Moore back in the premiership, what a hero.