Notorious B.I.G Sam's signings.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Notorious B.I.G Sam's signings.

Post by mullayo » Tue May 29, 2007 2:33 am

We've had Big Sam for yonks and everyone has always talked about what he could do with a big budget for a 'big club' so lets just see what happens this transfer window.

I'll try and list all his links and purchases, frees, sales etc. and we can all judge how he's going without the 'rose coloured glasses' or the 'chip on the shoulder' that tended to reduce previous year's thread's to slanging matches.

He's linked with TBH and Viduka on a free. If he gets them it's good business in my books.

He's also linked with 24-year-old Ghanayan George Boateng for under $1m again could be good.

Got rid of Bramble - brilliant.

If you want to join in just add names and an amount to the list to keep track of them and post your comments above then we can cut and paste the list.

Ins and outs of Big Sam

BOUGHT:
SOLD:
FREE:
RELEASES: Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Pavel Srnicek. Olivier Bernard, Oguchi Onyewu
LINKED: TBH, Viduka, George Boateng,
What could've happened; did.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue May 29, 2007 3:38 am

Why are we bothered, he has nothing to do with Bolton anymore and I for one am not interested. This thread should be in the General Banter area if anywhere and not here as it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOLTON WANDERERS.

Those who are so interested in what Sam does should go to a Newcastle site and discuss it there.

I'm fed up with this unhealthy interest in Mr Allardyce from so many Bolton fans, he's history so lets forget about him and concentrate on Wanderers matters.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue May 29, 2007 5:10 am

Oz, there's no football on so it's just something to do. When he was here he had his hero worhippers and his detractors and now he's gone maybe we can get some perspective and actually see him for what he is.

Judge him objectively without stirring up the strong feelings - but judging by your post maybe not.

Sure he's gone but he's still around the scene and could actually become our biggest competitor for traditional transfer targets.

I think it's interesting to keep an eye on.

Move it to general if you want.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue May 29, 2007 6:54 am

Ins and outs of Big Sam

BOUGHT:
SOLD:
FREE:
RELEASES: Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Pavel Srnicek. Olivier Bernard, Oguchi Onyewu
LINKED TO: TBH, Viduka, George Boateng, Leighton Baines
RUMOURED OUT: Dyer, Parker

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue May 29, 2007 8:23 am

Wrong category!!! Put it in General for those who give a monkey's.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue May 29, 2007 8:30 am

ffs, for some of you BSA is like the ex you wish you hadn't dumped you and can't stop seeing about town

get over him

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue May 29, 2007 8:38 am

Put this thread where it belongs.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue May 29, 2007 11:32 am

Jeez it's just a bit of fun some of you are acting like you've been jilted.

It's going to be a long drawn out transfer window with no football just thought I'd keep tabs on who the opposition are signing for something to do. It's interesting to me. And I suspect he's going to try and take some of our targets so it's worth following.

I'm happy to have little Sam, I think it was time for a change of direction it doesn't make Big Sam uninteresting. There's an article on the front about who Liverpool are signing so what's the problem?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 29, 2007 11:43 am

It's worth following because if we hear he's interested in someone, we could gazump him with the offer of European football. It's now in its rightful non-BW home, so play on, everyone!

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Tue May 29, 2007 12:12 pm

I think it's a good idea for a thread. I wanna see him balls it up at a big club :twisted:
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue May 29, 2007 1:17 pm

Can see why some would want to follow him and what he does with more money at his disposal, but to compare seems somewhat disingenuous as the needs and wants of Bolton over the last few years and Newcastle at the current time are surely different?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue May 29, 2007 1:47 pm

blurred wrote:Can see why some would want to follow him and what he does with more money at his disposal, but to compare seems somewhat disingenuous as the needs and wants of Bolton over the last few years and Newcastle at the current time are surely different?
You're not wrong. Obviously, Newcastle want to be us...... :mrgreen:
Smarties have answers.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 29, 2007 2:47 pm

blurred wrote:Can see why some would want to follow him and what he does with more money at his disposal, but to compare seems somewhat disingenuous as the needs and wants of Bolton over the last few years and Newcastle at the current time are surely different?
To an extent. I'm intrigued on a wider level as to what he achieves up there. On a more selfish level, keep an eye on his (alleged) targets and consider the time-honoured late gazump!
"So what do you want, son: money or Europe?"

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue May 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:"So what do you want, son: money or Europe?"
A question they've presumably already tacitly answered by negotiating with Newcastle in the first place, no?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 29, 2007 2:49 pm

blurred wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:"So what do you want, son: money or Europe?"
A question they've presumably already tacitly answered by negotiating with Newcastle in the first place, no?
To an extent, but it depends who else is interested, or becomes interested once news breaks.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue May 29, 2007 10:40 pm

That's what I was interested in too. I assume Sam walked out of here with the latest list of targets we'd been after.

I thought this Boateng could be a good case in point because he's less than a million and so recent he must be on our radar and we could both go for him and see what happens.

You can already see Sam has raised his level of target with Viduka and Baines, but I'd like to compete with him on the frees and the one's we've already targeted. If he takes all our targets he's the new enemy. Always keep an eye on your enemy Daniel-san!

Oh and I'm "reliable" now so trust me.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 pm

mullayo wrote:That's what I was interested in too. I assume Sam walked out of here with the latest list of targets we'd been after.

I thought this Boateng could be a good case in point because he's less than a million and so recent he must be on our radar and we could both go for him and see what happens.

You can already see Sam has raised his level of target with Viduka and Baines, but I'd like to compete with him on the frees and the one's we've already targeted. If he takes all our targets he's the new enemy.
As I say, it's worth keeping note of who's grabbed his attention in our price-range. Our scouting system should remain fairly intact but you get the impression Sam got a lot of news off the agent grapevine, and them buggers will be no more reluctant to create an auction with him at Newcastle than they were at Bolton - like yon French Newcastle winger whose name escapes me, went to Pompey instead and did two-fifths of f**k-all. Ha!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed May 30, 2007 8:17 am

Lauren Robert?

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed May 30, 2007 10:11 am

Well looks like we may have an answer or at least some evidence for the Europe Vs 'Big Club'/big wages debate.

Ghana ace to snub move Tue, May 29 2007 09:30
Bolton look set to miss out on Ghana attacking midfielder Derek Boateng as Sam Allardyce is ready to take him to Newcastle.
Allardyce has been tracking the 24-year-old at Israel's Beitar Jerusalem for some time and had earmarked him as a Bolton buy this summer, but is now ready to take him to St James' Park instead.

The transfer fee is thought to be less than £1m - a bargain considering Boateng has had an outstanding season at Beitar - moving there shortly after last summer's World Cup.

The much-travelled former striker has previously played in Greece and Sweden as well as representing Ghana in last summer's World Cup.

Middlesbrough tried to sign Boateng four years ago but their bid failed because he could not secure a work permit.

However, he has since become a regular international alongside Chelsea's Michael Essien in the heart of the Black Stars midfield and would have brought energy and an eye for goal to the Bolton midfield, something it will need for next season.

Boss Sammy Lee does have a list of 20 targets though and says he is expecting new arrival in the very near future.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed May 30, 2007 10:13 am

Bit of a blast from the past. Rehabilited top four stars could be his new buzz.

Ins and outs of Big Sam

BOUGHT:
SOLD:
FREE:
LINKED TO: TBH, Viduka, George Boateng, Leighton Baines, Eidur Gudjonson
RUMOURED OUT: Dyer, Parker