Who the feck is Anderson???

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Who the feck is Anderson???

Post by Henrik's fan club » Thu May 31, 2007 11:41 am

This fella United have signed for £15 million....I've never heard of him! 19-year old Brazillian, 'next Ronaldinho' apparently :conf:
Anyone know any more?
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu May 31, 2007 12:17 pm

I've never heard of him either, but then I don't particularly follow Portugese, or indeed Brazilian football. Seems an obscene amount for a player unproven at the top level, though, and I'm sure had Chelsea paid out such an amount then they'd be accused of trying to "buy the league" again.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Quayley » Thu May 31, 2007 12:20 pm

United have signed both Anderson and Nani, two fantastic prospects with bags of pace and skill. will be interesting to see how they adapt to the top league. Although Anderson may have to be loaned out initially, so we'll see.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu May 31, 2007 12:52 pm

Right. So the Scum and particularly their "fans" who witter on about Chelsea buying the title, will conveniently forget theyve just spent the best part of 50 million quid on 3 players in the space of a week. Fookin scum. Fookin hate 'em.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 31, 2007 12:54 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Right. So the Scum and particularly their "fans" who witter on about Chelsea buying the title, will conveniently forget theyve just spent the best part of 50 million quid on 3 players in the space of a week. Fookin scum. Fookin hate 'em.
But to be fair to the rags, they have money based on fan base and success (historical and present) rather than a sugar daddy that buys a club based on its profitable location

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu May 31, 2007 1:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:Right. So the Scum and particularly their "fans" who witter on about Chelsea buying the title, will conveniently forget theyve just spent the best part of 50 million quid on 3 players in the space of a week. Fookin scum. Fookin hate 'em.
But to be fair to the rags, they have money based on fan base and success (historical and present) rather than a sugar daddy that buys a club based on its profitable location
Aye but arent they massively in debt now? They should be saving their pennies to pay that Leprechaun's creditors.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu May 31, 2007 1:03 pm

and they've spent their money on 3 players, all of who have at least 5 years at the top of their games not £45million on two players who look past it.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu May 31, 2007 2:07 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Aye but arent they massively in debt now? They should be saving their pennies to pay that Leprechaun's creditors.
Several hundred million, and the debt is rising as Glazer hasn't had as much income as planned.

Such a debt absolutely dwarves the one that restricts BWFC's transfer activity so why isn't it making a blind bit of difference for MUFC's transfer policy? I know they have the income to justify the loan, but bloody hell!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 pm

The Man U debt is a totally different scenario, and to suggest it makes them similar to us in someway is totally wrong.

The Glasers bought Man U with leveraged debt, it's not like our loans in any way other than it has to be paid back. It's structured and financed differently and doesn't impact on cashflow like ours does.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 31, 2007 2:47 pm

why bother with academies when you can just sign everyone elses kids!! wonder who will be out the door, the nanny goat is obviously a replacement for giggs not sure about the other fella who id also not heard of. played under 20 first team games i think in portugal this season.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu May 31, 2007 3:03 pm

communistworkethic wrote:The Man U debt is a totally different scenario, and to suggest it makes them similar to us in someway is totally wrong.

The Glasers bought Man U with leveraged debt, it's not like our loans in any way other than it has to be paid back. It's structured and financed differently and doesn't impact on cashflow like ours does.
Wasn't our debt structured to include the ultimately over-estimated profits from the sale of Burnden? The lower-than-expected figure that the club received, along with the longer (and therefore) costlier process than expected meant that the eventual debt was a lot larger than originally planned - the fact that the Glazer's have over-estimated the income that they borrowed against surely means that there are certain parallels?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu May 31, 2007 4:01 pm

They haven't overestimated the income at all, and winning the title this season, plus a cup final,will have only cemented their view on the risk/reward profile mapped against asset strength.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu May 31, 2007 5:26 pm

I've seen Anderson play on the odd occasion in a few of the Champions League highlights and he has lots of tricks and turns. Not sure about the pace aspect, but he'll be a superstar of the future there is no doubt. Although they'd have to play a five man midfield to use him at his best. I'm not really sure he'd fit into the 4-4-2 they played for the majority of the season. I don't think anyone saw this move coming, he was rumoured to move to Real Madrid by all accounts.

Haven't seen Nani play, but he's meant to be a similar player to Ronaldo but on the left, scary thoughts.......
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:46 pm

Anderson is apparently hailed as the new Ronaldinho. I must confess I haven't heard of the guy.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu May 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Used to play for ManYoo

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:05 am

Anderson has been a wonderkid for the last two editions of Football Manager.

Just all around good AMC, AMR I think.

Don't have my laptop here or I could give you his stats but I remember they're well balanced but he's primarily an attacking player.

Initially in 2006 was slightly better than Nani and now Nani is regarded as better more solid and a better prospect.

Off the top of my head I think his potential has been set now around 176 out of 200 which is a key indicator, Anelka is 185 Nolan is next best at 165 while Jlloyd is only 136.

I went cold when I heard the Scum signed them. Someone got Joao Moutinho too.Similar superstar in the making.
If we're gonna go by the game we need to sign Pedro Leon, Vedran Corluka, Mirko Vucinic, Carlos Vela, Andres Guardado and Gonzalo Higuain now. Shall I make a list?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 707383.stm
What could've happened; did.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:57 am

it's only a game!!!!!! :roll:

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:04 am

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:19 am

Deal being investigated following Tevez (if you believe the Mirror)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -19229322/
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:05 pm

Yeah FM is just a game. Like Scrabble I suppose. But y'know if you've got a Scrabble set and someone wants to look up a word you can - limited though the dictionary may be it's better than nothing.

Put it this way, people on this thread no nothing at all about Anderson. Football Manager 2007 can tell us this:

Anderson Luis de Abreu was born on 13th of April 1988 in Porto Alegre Brazil. His contract was co-owned by Porto and Gremio, a highly rated first division Brazilian club founded in 1903. He was rumoured to be earning $7000 a week at Porto.

Anderson is an ambitious and determined character with the ability to handle himself under pressure. A very attacking minded player he likes to dictate the tempo and get forward into the opposition area though he doesn't mind shooting long and likes to curl the ball when he does. He tries trick and isn't above a bit of gamesmenship and enjoys winding up the opposition.

He has nearly unlimited potential (145 and -10) and prefers a creative central midfield attacking role although he is left footed.
He's solidly built at 175cm and 70kg and strong on the ball with no real weaknesses aside from heading and a lack of defensive nous. Quick off the mark and an accurate and creative passer Anderson is already at Premiership level and one to watch for the future.

That's a basic interpretation of the stats. Like I say he looks the real deal with numbers in all the right places apart from his temprament. FM 2008 will be more accurate because he'll be better known then.
What could've happened; did.