Liverpool Worst Fans in Europe

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:02 am

As ever in your victim roll you miss the point. If there were 11000 tickets, and 40000 travelled - then they cerated a problem through their numbers.

Any opinion you offer, no matter how educated, is biased. And therefore offers little by way of balance.

UEFA have done what you have tried - pointing out that you're not as innocent as you'd have people believe.

You still can't get away from the fact you are part of the problem not the solution. None of you have learned from hillsboro that's why you'll get no sympathy for Athens. You should be the most impeccably behaved fans in the world, concerned forthe safety of others but you're not. You couldn't give a shit. And you're the worst of allcoming on here saying how terrible it all was then admitting you snook your mates in. As long as yyou got away with it you don't care. That is truly pathetic. Would it have taken another 90 deaths in Athens for you to realise? Somehow I don't think even that would have had an effect, you'd just have blamed UEFA, ignoring the blood on your own hands.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:42 pm

blurred wrote:

This is not what I am implying, or even talking about - I was asking whether you thought it was mere coincidence that Mr Gaillard/UEFA decided to leak this dossier 3 days before it came out and label us as 'the worst fans in Europe' when they had some covering to do. It was a handy PR trick from UEFA, who have a vested interest in creating a press storm about Liverpool fans being 'the worst', because it helps to hide their own shortcomings.

Oh come on, be serious, 3 whole days???? He certainly saved a lot of stress and difficult questions leaking this headline so far ahead of the official release :crazy:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:49 pm

finlayson wrote:A mate of mine was a steward at Ewood and he said the worst fans they had were Liverpool.
Trying to get 2 through on one ticket, nicking from the concessions, racial abuse of catering staff, damage to toilets etc.
Mate of mine is a steward at the SoL (hes a student from Manchester) who said that the Liverpool fans who cam here when they beat us 2-0 (Sissokkokokokokooo got sent off) were nothing short of superb.

They came, the saw, they conquered.

I have to say though, that Liverpool fans are no better and no worse than most football fans. They're decent craic, enjoy a bevvie and on the whole, tend to be quite knowledgable about football.

Been to Anfield a few times, too and nothing has changed my opinion. Not even the piss pouring! But you expect that when you house the away fans under the home fans. I've had the same sort of trouble at Forest.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:28 pm

blurred wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Blurred, it seems your message to UEFA is (to quote Animal House) "You ****ed up, you trusted us." The obvious solution here is for UEFA to add extra security measures for any game involving Liverpool, and to charge Liverpool fans more accordingly. Would that work for you?
I would be happy with UEFA having something that bordered on adequate measures for their games. Something like, oh I don't know, turnstiles perhaps. Would that be too much to ask for at a football game? I mean, they've only been in use in football stadia just about everwhere for, what, 100 years?

If they are going to strangle the supply of tickets for the competing teams by siphoning off large amounts of tickets for their f*cking 'UEFA family' then they have to be aware they are going to create problems over desperate fans trying to get in, or paying daft money, or trying fakes.

Oh, and holding matches at stadia that aren't fit to host football matches is a mistake UEFA have made before. I pray they don't make it again.
You've still failed to answer the questions of why Milan doesn't seem to have experienced the same problems. If it's UEFA's fault, then it should have affected both sides equally.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:31 pm

apparently, they were but didn't mind as they won.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:18 pm

blurred wrote:Oh, and holding matches at stadia that aren't fit to host football matches is a mistake UEFA have made before. I pray they don't make it again.
Of course you do. As do the widows of Turin :roll: Heysel was UEFA's fault too was it? Go on then, lets hear it :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way