Liverpool Worst Fans in Europe

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Liverpool Worst Fans in Europe

Post by fatshaft » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:05 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 717793.stm

Is anyone surprised?

Must admit listening to them this morning on Radio 1 made me furious, we have a large support etc etc etc. Like Milan, Man u, Barcelona, Real madrid etc don't?

Scousers, here's how it is - UEFA sent in undercover teams to watch everyone, you didnt know you were being watched so you behaved normally. Guess what, you were found to be the worst support in Europe, even stooping as low as to rob tickets off your own fellow fans, not that robbing anyone else would have been any better, but that just goes to show how low you really are.

A very sad bunch indeed.

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:14 am

The liverpool fans outside the Champions Leagure Final, with real tickets, who couldnt get in as other ticketless liverpool fans had forced themselves in, would propably agree that their team's own fans are the worst in the world...

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:19 am

This is an absolute joke for so, so many reasons. I'm not saying we're whiter than white (indeed some of our following couldn't be further from it) but it's amazing that Gaillard himself was saying on the eve of the final that we had a great record and were amazing fans, etc etc. Now the little shithouse has turned round 180 degrees and is leaking the propaganda so that UEFA can absolve themselves of any portion of the blame for Athens. Great PR move by UEFA, this.

Can anyone ever remember UEFA coming out and labelling a side as having the worst fans before? Is it not just conveniently timed because they've got so much shit to hide that they're trying to shift the blame elsewhere? Argh, I'm fecking seething.

Edit:

UEFA themselves praised Liverpool in 2005 following their match with Juventus, deputy chief executive Markus Studer said then:

“Liverpool must be applauded for the way they handled the arrangements and the fans of both clubs understood the message. There was not a hint of trouble in the stadium, there was a fantastic atmosphere and both clubs must be praised. It was a very successful night for European football.”

UEFA also gave Liverpool fans an award following the 2001 UEFA Cup Final in Dortmund, and heavily praised Liverpool fans after Istanbul in 2005 - their director of communications William Gaillard said back then “Liverpool fans are wonderful people.”

Before the final Gaillard said “The two groups of supporters (Milan and Liverpool) have a tradition of good behaviour and at this point we are expecting that to continue.” For a director of communications Gaillard seems to get himself confused very easily, having said this ahead of the final, about the Olympic Stadium “..where all the games of the Greek National Team are held”. This being despite Greece having not played in Athens for four years.

How we are the worst fans in Europe when Feyenoord have been banned from UEFA competitions this year for fan violence, or where a PSG fan was shot and killed following trouble with Hapoel Tel Aviv in November, or when 3 Boro fans were stabbed prior to their match with Roma in 2006, or when the referee was struck by a missile in the Stadio Olimpico, or where Dida was struck with flares in the San Siro, or where you've heard persistent and wide-scale racist abuse in Spain and beyond.... do you need me to go on?

Didn't Italian football have to be suspended this season for the death of a policeman? Ok, that wasn't a UEFA competition, so presumably that's alright?

Have we have matches stopped for crowd violence? Have we had matches abandoned? Gaillard's even come out and said that one of these 25 'incidents' was the stealing of approximately 100 Champions League flags from outside the Athens stadium, despite these thefts being perpetrated by both sets of fans. We're still the worst fans in Europe? Are we bollocks.

UEFA shithouse c*nts

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:48 am

Scouse wankers

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:54 am

Touché

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:10 pm

blurred wrote:Touché
wasn't aimed at you

i would've said gloryhunting wankers from around the world if i'd been referring to you

now, run along

you've some 'seething' to do

walkingdownthemannyroad
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Near e'nuff to t'Ainsworth,so as not to get wet when crawlin' om.

Post by walkingdownthemannyroad » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:51 pm

It has allways been the same with sc**ers,it is always everybody else's fault,never their own.

Disgracefully the drama queens even managed to blame Hillsbourgh on everybody else but themselves,we all know it was due to too many fans staying in the pub,then forcing their way in at the last moment.

Caught red handed this time I,m afraid,no squirming out of this one..........scum!
A wise old owl,lived in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more heard.
I wish I was that wise old bird.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Ah, another balanced, enlightened and completely factually correct opinion... :roll:

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:40 pm

blurred, you conveniently missed out the murder at the last Champions LEague Final, so that puts Liverpool on a par with the other teams in the death stakes (you must be proud?), I guess a few of those other 24 incidents add up to more than the other teams crime totals perhaps?

Why would this report, which was 4 years in the making, set out to tar the Liverpool fans for any reason other than accuracy? You see the rest of Europe doesn't lie down to the Scouse bully boys.

Why is the report released now? Probably as it's the end of the season ? Seems like a good time to finish an investigation into 4 seasons of work wouldn't you say?

Most of us are getting more than a bit fed up the the "jovial Scouser" nonsense, and their continually put upon stance that goes with any critisiscm, why don't the population of Liverpool just for once do a little bit of introspection and see what they find, instead of what they think the rest of the world are supposed to find? Can you imagine any politician anywhere having to do a Boris Johnson? The truth hurts, maybe if it hurt more you'd actually start to listen to exactly what the rest of the country, and now it appears Europe, sees.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:35 pm

Which murder are you speaking of that I have conveniently missed out?

And no, I can't imagine someone having to 'do a Boris Johnson', but then I can't imagine another prominent political party having as inept a leader as Michael Howard, who forced Boris to do it. Interestingly enough you seem to blame Liverpudlians for some internal Tory party politics.

I would like to see the details of these 25 incidents - Gaillard has already admitted that none of them were sufficient enough to require sanctions against Liverpool at the time, as opposed to Inter Milan and Roma who have each had to play matches behind closed doors in recent years.

You seem to be playing somewhat fast and loose with facts, here. Were you involved in the commission of this report, perhaps? ;)

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:25 pm

I think he means Michael Shields - which was attempted murder, fatshaft.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:33 pm

perfan wrote:I think he means Michael Shields - which was attempted murder, fatshaft.
I know he does, I was just making my point. It's easy and lazy enough to tar us with being murderers, that it's done even when nobody dies - but then who really cares, eh? For what it's worth, that incident had nothing to do with football and is not what UEFA are talking about - not least because it happened in Bulgaria and nowhere near the Ataturk, or Istanbul or even Turkey. Let's just talk factually incorrect shit and be done with it, and then use it to beat over the head of someone by saying we 'conveniently forgot' something that didn't happen...

I guessed by reading his first post that I was having a battle of wits with an unarmed man, his second one confirmed it. I shall henceforth retire from debating with this person - if anyone would like to have an educated discussion on the subject matter then feel free.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:44 pm

They bring it on themselves.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:56 pm

perfan wrote:I think he means Michael Shields - which was attempted murder, fatshaft.
Apologies for the typo, I'm sure blurred was perfectly aware of what was meant.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:59 pm

blurred wrote:
I know he does, I was just making my point. It's easy and lazy enough to tar us with being murderers, that it's done even when nobody dies - but then who really cares, eh? For what it's worth, that incident had nothing to do with football and is not what UEFA are talking about - not least because it happened in Bulgaria and nowhere near the Ataturk, or Istanbul or even Turkey. Let's just talk factually incorrect shit and be done with it, and then use it to beat over the head of someone by saying we 'conveniently forgot' something that didn't happen...

I guessed by reading his first post that I was having a battle of wits with an unarmed man, his second one confirmed it. I shall henceforth retire from debating with this person - if anyone would like to have an educated discussion on the subject matter then feel free.
Ah, so now you have all the facts from the report, after earlier dissing the whole thing as a cover up for UEFA's incompetence. Excellent, so what are the 25 incidents then?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:40 pm

fatshaft wrote:Ah, so now you have all the facts from the report, after earlier dissing the whole thing as a cover up for UEFA's incompetence. Excellent, so what are the 25 incidents then?
Your straw-man tactics are laughably poor.

As I said earlier:
blurred wrote:I guessed by reading his first post that I was having a battle of wits with an unarmed man, his second one confirmed it. I shall henceforth retire from debating with this person - if anyone would like to have an educated discussion on the subject matter then feel free.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 pm

blurred wrote:Now the little shithouse has turned round 180 degrees and is leaking the propaganda so that UEFA can absolve themselves of any portion of the blame for Athens.
The only thing UEFA screwed up on is not assuming the worst when Liverpool made the final. They should have had Navy Seals taking your tickets and CIA agents monitoring the crowd. But you would have thought that was unfair, right? If UEFA somehow screwed up the ticket security features, or security in general, why is all the noise coming from Liverpool and not Milan? Are Liverpool fans more unethical, or just bigger whiners?

You'd think they would have gotten the point after an indefinite European ban, but it looks like it didn't take. Time for another one?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:37 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
blurred wrote:Now the little shithouse has turned round 180 degrees and is leaking the propaganda so that UEFA can absolve themselves of any portion of the blame for Athens.
The only thing UEFA screwed up on is not assuming the worst when Liverpool made the final. They should have had Navy Seals taking your tickets and CIA agents monitoring the crowd. But you would have thought that was unfair, right? If UEFA somehow screwed up the ticket security features, or security in general, why is all the noise coming from Liverpool and not Milan? Are Liverpool fans more unethical, or just bigger whiners?

You'd think they would have gotten the point after an indefinite European ban, but it looks like it didn't take. Time for another one?
Yep, get the most corrupt organisation on the planet checking the tickets.

Great idea!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

walkingdownthemannyroad
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Near e'nuff to t'Ainsworth,so as not to get wet when crawlin' om.

Post by walkingdownthemannyroad » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:51 pm

"Blurred", puts up a passionate and spirited defense of his own fans, but has omited to tell us all one thing.....................

Was he there????

I suspect not,because then he could have told us exactly what happened that night,how come thousands of genuine ticket holders could not get in,when the ground was all ready full of sc**ser,(not Milan.........strange that.)

I wonder if he would be so keen to defend his own,had he actually gone,having paid a fortune to get there,then could not get in,because one of his wonderfull fellow fans was allready sitting in his seat.

The only surprising thing about that night was that nobody died.........
A wise old owl,lived in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more heard.
I wish I was that wise old bird.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:56 pm

If I recall a previous thread, the guy went (or so he said).

Scousers win arguments through belligerence rather than using their wits.