Why did Sam sell Parker?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mich Caine

Why did Sam sell Parker?

Post by Mich Caine » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:30 pm

Personally I think Parker is over rated, he doesn't seem to do enough going forward and I don't think he can boss a game. But a lot of people rate him highly and I think the Newcastle fans thought a lot of him?

£7m for a 26 year old English midfielder sounds like a fair price I suppose, but are you quite shocked to see Newcastle sell him?

Viduka however I think is a great signing on a free. He is a bit lazy, a bit inconsistant, a bit slow, etc - but he is a very talented player who can score goals definitely. Viduka, Owen and Martins looks a really good front three.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:33 pm

He might have wanted Barton more. If West Ham didn't get Parker they probably would have put in a stronger bid for Barton.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:52 pm

Cos he is shit?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Maybe Parker wanted to leave, rather than standing around in the middle of the park watching the ball being hoofed over his head every week?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Big cry baby. He was homesick.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:04 pm

nicky butt said at the end of the season he was looking forward to someone coming in and getting rid of some of the lads who perhaps weren't playing with much passion and didn't give a shit about the club. in fairness i am surprised to see parker go as it does suggest he was one such player

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:05 pm

I always thought Butt was talking about himself

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Well if I was big Sam when I arrived at Newcastle I would have a huge clear out - players to go would have been Solano, Carr, Bramble, Sibierski, Parker, Butt, N'Zogbia, Ramage, Babayaro, Luque, Huntington, Ameobi, etc. Infact I would only keep Owen, Martins, Given, Taylor, Duff, Emre and Dyer. They are the only players worth keeping.

I think Barton and Viduka are good signings for Newcastle. I don't like Barton, I would hate him at Bolton, he is an arsewipe, but I am sure Big Sam will get the best out of him.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Newcastles best player.

:lol:

Big Sam is a Mackem, Big Sam is a Mackem, la la la oh, la la la oh!
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 am

I think it's great business so far, as I said on the other thread who wouldn't swap Nolan for Barton, Viduka and $3m? Bloody deal of the millenium that.

If Sam can get Viduka fit he's a force. Great front three and now he doesn't need Anelka!!! Oh yeah!

I saw Parker play agaisnt us and he was great but apparently he's not always like that.
What could've happened; did.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:13 am

Parker is a quality midfielder (reminds me of a younger Gary Speed) his only problem has been his poor choice of clubs, with Chelsea, Newcastle and now SPAM.

I'm actually surprised Ferguson didn't put in a bid after getting rid of Fletcher.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:59 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Parker is a quality midfielder (reminds me of a younger Gary Speed) his only problem has been his poor choice of clubs, with Chelsea, Newcastle and now SPAM.

I'm actually surprised Ferguson didn't put in a bid after getting rid of Fletcher.
Where did Fletcher go?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 am

Daxter wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Parker is a quality midfielder (reminds me of a younger Gary Speed) his only problem has been his poor choice of clubs, with Chelsea, Newcastle and now SPAM.

Where did Fletcher go?
Nowhere, why, what have you heard?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:12 pm

Basically he's swapped Barton for Parker and made £2m in the process. Decent deal methinks.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:59 pm

answering your own questions ftw

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:13 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Daxter wrote:

Where did Fletcher go?
? :?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:17 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:nicky butt said at the end of the season he was looking forward to someone coming in and getting rid of some of the lads who perhaps weren't playing with much passion and didn't give a shit about the club.

Nicky Butt said that????? :shock:

Two seasons ago I was at St Andrew's when this spineless, gutless tosser was taken off after 30 minutes by his mate Potato Head after displaying the most carefree attitude of any footballer that I've ever seen at any level.

Birmingham City fans fecking hate him for his attitude!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:25 pm

Daxter wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Daxter wrote:

Where did Fletcher go?
? :?
I fxcking hate that emotion! :roll:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:nicky butt said at the end of the season he was looking forward to someone coming in and getting rid of some of the lads who perhaps weren't playing with much passion and didn't give a shit about the club.

Nicky Butt said that????? :shock:

Two seasons ago I was at St Andrew's when this spineless, gutless tosser was taken off after 30 minutes by his mate Potato Head after displaying the most carefree attitude of any footballer that I've ever seen at any level.

Birmingham City fans fecking hate him for his attitude!!!
Butt wrote:The majority in the dressing room are good lads and good professionals but there are a few who don't want to play for the club and the sooner he gets them sorted out the better