Henry to Barca

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Henry to Barca

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:24 pm

Sounds genuine.....

www.news24.com/sport 11/06/2007 18:43 - (SA)

Madrid - Thierry Henry has agreed to sign a three-year contract with Spanish giants Barcelona, according to the digital version of France Football on Monday evening.

According to France Football, Henry's representatives have just reached agreement with Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain for a lucrative contract until June 2010.

Now Barcelona - keen to rebuild their squad after a disappointing season - will have to negotiate with Arsenal, Henry's club.

The digital version claims that Barca are prepared to pay around 25 million euros for the Frenchman, who will be 30 in August.

Mich Caine

Re: Henry to Barca

Post by Mich Caine » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 pm

Batman wrote:Sounds genuine.....

Madrid - Thierry Henry has agreed to sign a three-year contract with Spanish giants Barcelona, according to the digital version of France Football on Monday evening.

According to France Football, Henry's representatives have just reached agreement with Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain for a lucrative contract until June 2010.

Now Barcelona - keen to rebuild their squad after a disappointing season - will have to negotiate with Arsenal, Henry's club.

The digital version claims that Barca are prepared to pay around 25 million euros for the Frenchman, who will be 30 in August.
Yes I think it is the end of Henry in England now, he has been awesome, I think it will be a good move for him.
It seems to definitely spell the end for Eto'o. Where will he go? My money is on AC Milan, gutted - I want him to come to England, he is awesome.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:29 pm

hang on hang on hang on hang on........

no quotes

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:30 pm

Quotes?

Where we are goin' we don't need Quotes

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:32 pm

How long until we hear Anelka to Arsenal?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:33 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:hang on hang on hang on hang on........

no quotes
So...?

Rumour has it tomorrow I am going to flip a cheeseburger. But there are no quotes so it can't be true?
The fact is tomorrow I will flip a cheeseburger.

Do you see now that quotes mean nothing?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:33 pm

Anelka to Arsenal!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Mich Caine wrote:

no quotes
So...?

Rumour has it tomorrow I am going to flip a cheeseburger. But there are no quotes so it can't be true?

Can I quote you on that?
Businesswoman of the year.

Legend
Legend

Re: Henry to Barca

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Mich Caine wrote:
Batman wrote:Sounds genuine.....

Yes I think it is the end of Henry in England now, he has been awesome, I think it will be a good move for him.
It seems to definitely spell the end for Eto'o. Where will he go? My money is on AC Milan, gutted - I want him to come to England, he is awesome.
I don't believe the 25m euros statement, but do believe that Eto will be part of the deal.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:39 pm

The CrazyHorse rumour network heard this morning that Liverpool are going to make Arsenal a shock offer for Henry.
Businesswoman of the year.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:40 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Anelka to Arsenal!
OK, let's get this right - Anelka to Arsenal, to replace Henry, who's off to Barcelona, to replae Eto'o, who's going to Milan. Presumably to replace the Wanderers-bound Inzaghi!
Marvellous. It has a nice circularity to it.
And before anybody says "no quotes", how about:
"I'm looking forward to joining up with Nicky Hunt and Gavin McCann" - Flippo Inzaghi*

*Or maybe it was me, but it's still a quote.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:46 pm

Can you imagine Inzaghi playing for us. Wow! The guy is a pain, he doesn't know the offside rule, but he scores goals for fun.

Eto'o won't go to Arsenal, just no way. I don't think he will come to England, no way will he sign for Liverpool, Man Utd probably cannot afford him now they have already spent heavily and Chelsea won't spend any more money just to annoy Mourinho - and there is no way they are after another striker what with Shevchenko, Kalou, Pizzaro and Drogba.

AC Milan look certs to sign him, they'll have some nice strikers next season - Ronaldo, Eto'o, Gillardino, Inzaghi, Kaka, etc.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:00 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:The CrazyHorse rumour network heard this morning that Liverpool are going to make Arsenal a shock offer for Henry.
I heard the same about Sunderland.

2m!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 pm

Mich Caine wrote:

no quotes
So...?

if henry said to me that he was going to barca, i'd think "hey he's going to barca"

some bored journo nice person who's pissed cos he ain't got same flexi working arrangement as louise taylor and actually has to work the summer and feels the need to fill his column inches with any old tosh.... i wouldn't believe him if he told me rain was wet

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:04 am

no quotes
What do you mean no quotes? Sky Sports News have just had a quote from Henry's agent, describing the story as "absolute rubbish" - which is harsh, as I thought it was quite a good one.
I suppose this means we won't get to see Inzaghi partnering Vaz Te up front for the Wanderers, next season, then? Oh well...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 am

Puskas wrote:

no quotes
What do you mean no quotes? Sky Sports News have just had a quote from Henry's agent, describing the story as "absolute rubbish" - which is harsh, as I thought it was quite a good one.
I suppose this means we won't get to see Inzaghi partnering Vaz Te up front for the Wanderers, next season, then? Oh well...
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ca+rumours

I win batty boy, this one has quotes
Henry wrote:"Nothing is done. I repeat, nothing," Henry told L'Equipe.

"At this moment I am an Arsenal player and in the same situation as I was last year.

"Last season people were announcing all over the place that I was leaving. Some people wrote that it would happen for sure but at the end of the day I stayed at Arsenal. It could be the same this year.

"I've not taken any decision and my name is not up on any departures board. If something happens, I will tell everybody."