SETANTA

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

SETANTA

Post by Crouch > Davies » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:00 pm

I can't get my head around all this Setanta stuff.

I know that Prem Plus is finished and is no more, but what will the cost of Setanta be? I believe it's £15 a month, but will £15 a month ensure I see every game or will it be £15 a month plus extra for PPV games?

I can't grasp it at all. Anyone able to shed some light on the situation?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:05 pm

There is no PPV so far as I know

Setanta have those games as their 'package'

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm

This should answer everything:

http://gb.setanta.tv/gbpack.htm

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:04 am

Also remember that Setanta have the Saturday 5:15 and Monday 8:00 kick off times only. I was a season ticket holder until afew years ago but with TV and Europe, the lack of Saturday 3:00 kick offs means it's difficult to travel for the game. :(

Crazy I know, but I think a rule should be made that each team has a minimum of 10 home games that kick off at 3:00. :crazy:
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 am

ratbert wrote:This should answer everything:

http://gb.setanta.tv/gbpack.htm
explains feck all! There's no such thing as the Bank of Scotland Premier League either.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:07 am

bobby5 wrote:Also remember that Setanta have the Saturday 5:15 and Monday 8:00 kick off times only. I was a season ticket holder until afew years ago but with TV and Europe, the lack of Saturday 3:00 kick offs means it's difficult to travel for the game. :(

Crazy I know, but I think a rule should be made that each team has a minimum of 10 home games that kick off at 3:00. :crazy:
Might be crazy but also unworkable too. The teams who play in Europe play on a Sunday/Monday the week of the European games to give them an extra days rest* (particularly the UEFA cup which is played on a Thursday). There are currently seven teams (maybe 8 if Blackburn qualify via the Intertoto) in Europe from England all of whom will play their league games on a Sunday.

* Not strictly true, the CL teams who play on a Tuesady sometimes play on Saturday but as a general rule of thumb.
Businesswoman of the year.