Bolton Named in Stevens report

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Penny
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Penny » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Are we talking about Sam Allardyce? You know, Newcastle's manager. Sometimes things work out for the best in the long run. :mrgreen:
Shouldn't we move this to other football as this is obviously nothing to do with us ? Seems to me this is a Newcastle problem with their current manager and a previous manager both being named . :twisted:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:21 pm

It's not funny how the law-suit failed to materialise, it's fairly apparent - he knew that dealings were dodgy, because if he was 100% sure that he was in the clear and that there had been no deals that had breached established rules then he'd've been all over the BBC like a rash (Stevens inquiry or no Stevens inquiry).

The 'I'm innocent and will consult my legal team with a view to suing [insert company/person/newspaper here]' is an oft-trotted out line by those who wish to defend themselves in public while privately hoping that their misdemeanours and indiscretions remain exactly that.

It sounds full of bluster and very categorical, but all that'll happen is the star involved will speak to his/her lawyers, who'll ask him 'well, is it true?' to which they'll reply 'well, yeah, actually' and there endeth the exercise. He has consulted his legal team and decided not to persue an action.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:24 pm

blurred wrote:It's not funny how the law-suit failed to materialise, it's fairly apparent - he knew that dealings were dodgy, because if he was 100% sure that he was in the clear and that there had been no deals that had breached established rules then he'd've been all over the BBC like a rash (Stevens inquiry or no Stevens inquiry).

The 'I'm innocent and will consult my legal team with a view to suing [insert company/person/newspaper here]' is an oft-trotted out line by those who wish to defend themselves in public while privately hoping that their misdemeanours and indiscretions remain exactly that.

It sounds full of bluster and very categorical, but all that'll happen is the star involved will speak to his/her lawyers, who'll ask him 'well, is it true?' to which they'll reply 'well, yeah, actually' and there endeth the exercise. He has consulted his legal team and decided not to persue an action.
Please don't go all Scousy-smug on us Blurred. It ain't finished yet.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Penny
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Penny » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:28 pm

Sams big problem was allowing his son to become involved in Boltons transfer dealings. As the report says its (at best) a serious conflict of interests at worse who knows .

Maybe the reason Sam never sued was to protect Craig ?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:34 pm

No evidence or suggestion of any irregular payments involving Bolton Wanderers.

No worries.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:36 pm

I think this kind of shits on our (v slim) hope that Wet Spam are gonna be relegated over Tevez.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Please don't go all Scousy-smug on us Blurred. It ain't finished yet.. :D
He may well be innocent and it might just have the appearance of impropriety, but I'm amazed that if he was either a) that innocent, and/or b) that arsed about the whole thing that he hasn't yet launched this legal bid.

dannyc2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dannyc2 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:38 pm

was the agent pictured with ferdinand Charles Collymore by any chance?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:what's frustrating is that blessing kaku did feck all. so basically did feck all but line someone's pockets
i'm gonna expand on this

3 transfers are implicated that don't have 1 first team appearance between them, unless i blinked and missed ali al habsis

3 transfers where money from the club has potentially been leaked

someone tell me to "back sam no matter what" now
I think with Sam its just the issue of conflict of interest with Craig being the agent that this reports on about.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:44 pm

Athers wrote:No evidence or suggestion of any irregular payments involving Bolton Wanderers.

No worries.
Aye, its implicating Sam, Souness and a few agents. None of those have got to do with Bolton now...

Sam's probable dealings have damaged the clubs reputation though.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:46 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:
Athers wrote:No evidence or suggestion of any irregular payments involving Bolton Wanderers.

No worries.
Aye, its implicating Sam, Souness and a few agents. None of those have got to do with Bolton now...

Hold yer horses fellas, they havent actually said Sam's been involved in any dodgy dealings.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:50 pm

they've named allardyce for a "percieved conflict of interest" due to the involvement of his fat waster of a son. Nothing more.
Last edited by communistworkethic on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:54 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Of the 17 transfers, four relate to Newcastle signings (Emre Belozoglu, Jean Alain Boumsong, Amady Faye, Albert Luque), four to Bolton (Ali Al-Habsi, Tal Ben Haim, Blessing Kaku, Julio Correia), three to Chelsea (Didier Drogba, Petr Cech, Michael Essien), three to Portsmouth (Collins Mbesuma, Benjani Mwaruwari, Aliou Cisse) and two to Middlesbrough (Aiyegbeni Yakubu and Fabio Rochemback) while one transfer has not been disclosed.
One transfer has not been disclosed? wtf is that all about? Why name and shame 16 players but not the 17th one?

Tevez??

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:55 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Dr.Karl wrote:

No worries.

Hold yer horses fellas, they havent actually said Sam's been involved in any dodgy dealings.
Well, if four of our deals on his watch are dodgy AND there was a conflict of interest with an agent, I'd say he was involved in dodgy dealings, whether or not he is ultimately found innocent.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:12 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Dr.Karl wrote:

No worries.

Well, if four of our deals on his watch are dodgy AND there was a conflict of interest with an agent, I'd say he was involved in dodgy dealings, whether or not he is ultimately found innocent.
Thats a bit tenuous. A conflict of interest with his son does not mean he was involved with dodgy dealings.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 pm

Why is this in Other Footy, surely it should be in The Trotters where I put it?

Not the Sam references of course but the basic thread is about Bolton for god's sake!

We could lose points next season if the FA and Premiership take a strong lead following the Tevez debacle!!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:17 pm

FaninOz wrote:Why is this in Other Footy, surely it should be in The Trotters where I put it?

Not the Sam references of course but the basic thread is about Bolton for god's sake!

We could lose points next season if the FA and Premiership take a strong lead following the Tevez debacle!!
as this thread was started 2 hours before your post?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:19 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Why is this in Other Footy, surely it should be in The Trotters where I put it?

It takes time for the internet to get to Perth you see, we are the most remote City in the World. The thread, as it relates to Bolton's past and future, is still in the wrong place.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:21 pm

The barcodes are shitting themselves.....
http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.p ... 2132944728
Last edited by Salford Trotter on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:21 pm

FaninOz wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:

It takes time for the internet to get to Perth you see, we are the most remote City in the World. The thread, as it relates to Bolton's past and future, is still in the wrong place.
Who gives a crap?