Sad Day for some

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Sad Day for some

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:51 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 221674.stm

Its a bloody shame when a players half year salary could clear off their debt

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:57 pm

I've no sympathy for the club, the fans yes, but not the club. They're a business it's up to the board to run it as a going concern.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I've no sympathy for the club, the fans yes, but not the club. They're a business it's up to the board to run it as a going concern.
I know but my heart goes out some old boys that may have supported the club for 40 or more years, what do they do now? Its not as if you can really support anyone else, it don't work like that, really sad.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:25 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I've no sympathy for the club, the fans yes, but not the club. They're a business it's up to the board to run it as a going concern.
At least they seem to be a little more honest than Leeds and will sell their asset, the ground, to get the best return for creditors - not the penny in the pound Leeds got away with. One third of their debt is to the Inland Revenue - I'm not sure what to make of that - there will now be people out of work so less tax revenues and more dole.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Although it's not the nicest club that I've come across in my time, it's never nice for a club to go bust - should imagine AFC Scarborough or somesuch will soon rise from the ashes though.

Can't see I feel too much sympathy for Mark Patterson who, although an ex-Wanderer, almost single-handedly destroyed the work being done by Leigh RMI when he was with the club and has always come across as a foul-mouthed neaderthal of a manager.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:55 pm

could be a potential club that could be bought by the plebs http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:49 am

which muppets on there think man Utd and Arsenal can be bought with 50,000 people chipping £35 in? :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 pm

I blame Jimmy Glass! :|
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Has anyone clicked on the official Scarby site?

The logo of the seagull or whatever it is has shed a tear........strangely amusing

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:07 pm

RIP Scarborough FC.

RIP Ken Bigley too.