What tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

What tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!

Post by sluffy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:38 pm

Iain Dowie faces huge legal bill

Iain Dowie has been ordered to pay Crystal Palace's legal costs after losing a court battle with his former football club.

The club's legal bill is estimated to be £400,000 and Mr Dowie's own legal bill is thought to be similar.

A court ruled Mr Dowie deceived the club into waiving a £1m compensation clause when he left in May 2006.

The question of whether the club is still owed £1m or another amount will be decided later this year.

Mr Dowie's lawyers said he will challenge the judgement and the costs order made against him.

Last week, Mr Justice Tugendhat found the former Palace manager lied when he negotiated his way out of his contract with the club and joined arch-rivals Charlton.

When he left Palace, Mr Dowie had told the club he had not contacted Charlton and had no present intention of joining them.

Mr Dowie's contract stated that if he left to join another club, Crystal Palace would receive £1m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6231624.stm
Last edited by sluffy on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:41 pm

I've heard Dowie actually has to cough up 1 million to cover both parties legal costs.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:46 pm

:lol:

I am kind of surprised we are not seeking compensation from Sam Allardyce, or at least from Newcastle, I mean surely we are owed compensation for Sam leaving his contract early to join another club.

A player wouldn't be able to do what Big Sam did.

But I guess at the end of the day Sam took us as far as he could, things were going stale, it was best for him and the club to part company.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Mich Caine wrote::lol:

I am kind of surprised we are not seeking compensation from Sam Allardyce, or at least from Newcastle, I mean surely we are owed compensation for Sam leaving his contract early to join another club.

But I guess at the end of the day Sam took us as far as he could, things were going stale, it was best for him and the club to part company.
Twas us who ended his contract weren't it?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:56 pm

Allardyce resigned

We have no knowledge of the terms of his contract so speculation over compensation is pissin in the wind
Sto ut Serviam

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:50 pm

His era is in the past, no point chasing that

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:52 am

Well done Jordan. Now maybe he can concentrate on pulling off The Specials reunion 8)

For Ian Dowie
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:06 pm

Mich Caine wrote::lol:

Erm, didnt we do exactly the same thing to Notts County when he first came here ?????

Sam, "Quit", then "Hey Presto" he became manager of B.W.F.C.

We cant have any complaints.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS