Charlton Athletic - sexist pigs!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:54 pm

Gertie wrote:Yeah OK you boys are all ace and great and women are rubbish. I've mentioned before that my friend's sister in law plays for Everton ladies and is very good. Mock all you want about the standards of goalkeeping... Roy Carroll dropping the ball in his own net against spuds. Our very own Ian Walker against us when he was at Leicester... Peter Enkelemann for Villa.. Yes they are all totally brilliant and full-time and supposedly and allegedly professionals earning 10,000 a day or something ridiculous.

Many of the women involved in football fit this round study, jobs and families. They don't earn stupid money, they don't do this as their only means of making a living, they do this for the sport and because they love it. Perhaps something our glorious baby bentley boys should take a look at.

I'd rather have my child look up to a woman footballer who doesn't look ridiculous with a headband and what's more if anyone watches the game, they don't dive, cheat, try and get each other booked and there is hardly any Rooney-esque abusing of the referee it's just about getting on with it. I bet some of the top girls would show up some of the ageing, tubby, balding, unfit lardys, who think they're cool men slagging women off.

So you think it's crap and you can all be happy now as you're getting your miserable way with the clubs folding the women's teams just so Pedro Head-Aballo from Spain can have his £90,000 a week despite not being good enough to stay in the premier league, but hey at least he has nice diamond earrings. Muppets.

Right that's it, I'm off to clean the kitchen now, and I'm just mad enough to bake some fairy cakes.
Presumably you agree that the women's game should fund itself though?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Hormones???!!!! I'm a woman on the edge, I could swing for every estate agent in the land the bunch of thieving, slimy disgraceful nobeneds they are.

Um Crazy, I didn't mention you at all, and don't you have the physique of John Terry anyways???

Yes Mummy wouldn't it be wonderful if womens football was self funding but when it's treated with contempt and disdain how is that ever going to attract it's own funding so lets put the whole silly thing out of business and forget about it all. Keep moving there's nothing to see here.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi Gertie. Was going to ask how ya doing, but maybe I'd better save it for another day :P
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hi Gertie. Was going to ask how ya doing, but maybe I'd better save it for another day :P
Yowzers Tango, I didn't mean to be quite such a stroppy moo. I'm really really beyond the end of my tether today. Perhaps I need a lie down and a listen to a Take That CD. I'll be nicer tomorrow. :P
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:58 pm

That John Terry's let himself go hasn't he!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:09 pm

I have feelings you know. :cry:
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:That John Terry's let himself go hasn't he!!
Well, he's married now.

On a more serious note, it's sad to see that women's football is getting the rug pulled out from underneath it by previously benevolent paymasters suddenly deciding not to bother any more. The more perceptive men's clubs so very excited over selling out to anyone with a bag of foreign money may notice a slight chilling of the soul.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:On a more serious note, it's sad to see that women's football is getting the rug pulled out from underneath it by previously benevolent paymasters suddenly deciding not to bother any more. The more perceptive men's clubs so very excited over selling out to anyone with a bag of foreign money may notice a slight chilling of the soul.
Maybe it is tied in with the fact that they no longer have the Premier League putting them under pressure to have a women's side?
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight