Biggest sh*t hole of a ground you've been to.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:44 pm

I've watched the Wanderers pre-season at Workington and a RL game there

That takes the biscuit
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:56 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:aye, Bruce used watch it from a lake - and he was lucky to watch from that
Well not entirely, cheeky chops, but it was only a few years ago that I was up at The Feethams to watch us play in a first round League Cup away leg against Darlo. Yet Batty is saying that the worst grounds on which he's seen us play are Premier League stadiums. I have to say, the letters J, C, and indeed L, spring, nay leap, to mind! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:58 pm

:mrgreen: Batty has said the words to me "at least we're not in the 4th division" more times than i care to tell so i'd be disappointed if he were

but yes, his examples are shite

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:aye, Bruce used watch it from a lake - and he was lucky to watch from that
Well not entirely, cheeky chops, but it was only a few years ago that I was up at The Feethams to watch us play in a first round League Cup away leg against Darlo. Yet Batty is saying that the worst grounds on which he's seen us play are Premier League stadiums. I have to say, the letters J, C, and indeed L, spring, nay leap, to mind! :roll:

Yer fool, i was born in 83, and started going in about 90, so by the time I was old enough to go on many away trips to far flung places was the late 90s when we tended to play in the higher leagues.

Jaysus.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Batman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Yer fool, i was born in 83, and started going in about 90, so by the time I was old enough to go on many away trips to far flung places was the late 90s when we tended to play in the higher leagues.

Jaysus.
Which would have given you ample opportunity to visit the likes of Blundell Park and Oakwell. If you've nowt fert say... :wink:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

I'll raise you a Gresty Road, a Boundary Park, a Spotland (pre-season baby), a Boothferry Park and a <insert whatever the old Reading ground was called but I've forgotten> from my travels with my Uncle.

So screwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you

Pete
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Pete » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Which Football League stadiums aren't going to get mentioned in this thread? Small clubs play in shit ground shocker! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:26 pm

Batman wrote: and a <insert whatever the old Reading ground was called but I've forgotten> from my travels with my Uncle.

Elm Park! :D

Actually, I reckon that I could start a thread on - Have you seen us play away in either a pre-season friendly, or a League Cup first round away leg? I've only ever seen us play away in a pre-season friendly at Bury (I think), but, as well as the Darlo trip, I can also claim to having seen us play a first round away leg at Burnden ( v Chester) so scrrrrreeeeeeeeeew you! :D

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Batman wrote: and a <insert whatever the old Reading ground was called but I've forgotten> from my travels with my Uncle.

Elm Park! :D

Actually, I reckon that I could start a thread on - Have you seen us play away in either a pre-season friendly, or a League Cup first round away leg? I've only ever seen us play away in a pre-season friendly at Bury (I think), but, as well as the Darlo trip, I can also claim to having seen us play a first round away leg at Burnden ( v Chester) so scrrrrreeeeeeeeeew you! :D
Are you sure?
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:35 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: I can also claim to having seen us play a first round away leg at Burnden ( v Chester) so scrrrrreeeeeeeeeew you! :D
Are you sure?
Sorry, I meant Stockport County. Cheshire, Schmeshire! :oops:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:50 pm

Batman wrote:Do you remember this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J-o-Rl62zyY
Mate, that was harsh. Way fecking harsh. There was no need for that! You nice person!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 pm

Two occasions in my life when I've forgotten all about being a pacifist and wanted to kill someone at a match. 1st was at Stockport, the shithole. We played them about ten years ago or so and they won (don't ask for details like the date or the score because I can't remember stuff like that).

Anyway, as we're leaving the "stadium" after the game one of the groundsmen was sorting out the pitch and he looks up, right at me, laughing and mouths me the score. Christ, did I see red. Seriously, if I'd have got hold of him...

2nd was at the Marseille game when that bald, French tw@tting goalkeeper mocked us cos we didn't get that penalty. I'd have gladly served time to kill him that night. Seriously, if I'd have got hold of him...
Businesswoman of the year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:24 pm

Bradfords shed before they rebuilt as 'The pulse' or something was quite bad but enjoyable. I hate the legroom at woodison, and its full of the dregs of society...

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:26 pm

I forgot to add Molyneux.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Bradfords shed before they rebuilt as 'The pulse' or something was quite bad but enjoyable. I hate the legroom at woodison, and its full of the dregs of society...
Only been to the Toffees' ground once, sure half my seat rotted away during the game!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Batman wrote:I forgot to add Molyneux.
Get's my vote...

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:56 am

Pete wrote:
Jesus Christ, that's amazing. And is the guy on the right having a shit?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:02 am

fatshaft wrote:
Pete wrote:
Jesus Christ, that's amazing. And is the guy on the right having a shit?
No he's just realised he's a Luton Town fan - and he always will be! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:09 pm

In the Prem the worst away end is definitely Pompey. Although they're allegedly having a roof built over it this year...