Quinn Speaks Out!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Spaced
Hopeful
Hopeful

Quinn Speaks Out!

Post by Spaced » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:41 am

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has accused his Premier League counterparts of damaging football's economy with the big prices they are splashing out on average players.

Quinn specifically singled out the actions of Portsmouth and West Ham and believes that the only people benefiting from the price inflations are the players' agents.

"There's six or seven new owners who are spending money but are they getting the type of player that the top four want? I don't think so," Quinn told the Daily Mail.

"If I was going to spend a fortune breaking the bank, I would be going after the players Liverpool or Man United want to sign.

"But in the middle people are fighting each other and raising the prices for the same players. You can see it with West Ham and Portsmouth. The agents are having an absolute beano. It's like a property market, where estate agents own half the property or, in West Ham's case, it looks like all the property."

Quinn has allowed Black Cats manager Roy Keane to get on with rebuilding the squad at the Stadium of Light over the summer as they prepare for life back in the top flight.

Keane's summer spending could eventually cost £30million with Quinn not interfering with who the boss wants to bring in to the side.

"What horrifies me is people who've made money out of property or biscuit tins telling a class act who's managing their club who they should be signing," he continued.

"That's for the birds, but it happens in a lot of cases. I see players signing and chairmen standing there with the jersey and their arms around the player and I say, 'Oh my God, what are they doing?' It's their call, they may like that and may be in it for that, but it's not right.

"If I start telling Roy Keane who to sign I'm going against my own doctrine. Football is football, administration is administration.

"I'm 100 per cent behind Roy on this. People are being pressurised into signing players from videos and giving agents lots of money. We won't do that. We have to keep our heads when this is going on."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... g&channel=&

Speaks some sense whilst having a pop at Wet Spam & Pompey
"It's a subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme violence."

"What, like It's A Knockout?"

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:45 am

Erm, Michael Chopra and Kieron Richardson for more than £10m?

Hypocritical, whinging nice person.

Spaced
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spaced » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:56 am

blurred wrote:Erm, Michael Chopra and Kieron Richardson for more than £10m?

Hypocritical, whinging tw*t.
Ah yea....forgot about all that money they've spunked on below average players... pay no attention to my comments of speaks a bit of sense!!
"It's a subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme violence."

"What, like It's A Knockout?"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 am

It would be more hypocritical if he was at the photoshoots.

His other central point - that the market is inflated - is perfectly true and this may be a way of apologising for having to join in.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:40 am

blurred wrote:Erm, Michael Chopra and Kieron Richardson for more than £10m?

Hypocritical, whinging tw*t.
came in to say that

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Says Niall Quinn:

"There's six or seven new owners who are spending money, but are they getting the type of player that the top four want? I don't think so.

"If I was going to spend a fortune on breaking the bank, I would be going after the players Liverpool or Manchester United wanted to sign."

Yes, that's the same Niall Quinn who has spent more than ten million pounds on Kieran Richardson and Michael Chopra.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:41 pm

stolen

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Technically, Quinny hasn't spent £10,000,000 on Chopra and Richardson - Keane has. :wink:

However, I do agree with the general consensus that we have over spent. Only on Chopra, though.

Richardson will surprise everyone, IMO. Chuffed with that signing.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:24 pm

Yeah cos it came out of Keane's pocket didn't it

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:26 pm

Batman wrote:Yeah cos it came out of Keane's pocket didn't it
No, it came out of the pockets of Drumaville consortium. Something Quinn has put no money into. So it isn't his money.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:31 pm

So neither is it Keane#s then

we could go on

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:59 pm

We could, but then you would probably resort to insults - again.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Cock end

See

Nah, let's all be pals

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:42 pm

Richardson's bint of a cousin isn't happy that he's moved to Sunerlaaaaand.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Maybe the point Quinn is trying to make is that they shouldn't have needed to spend more than £10m on two bell-ends like Chopra and Richardson if the market wasn't being over inflated...

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:21 am

Worthy4England wrote:Maybe the point Quinn is trying to make is that they shouldn't have needed to spend more than £10m on two bell-ends like Chopra and Richardson if the market wasn't being over inflated...
And how do you come to that conclusion?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:23 am

Fairly simple.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:12 am

pot
kettle
black
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house