Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Did you just copy/paste that from a pie eater board last week?
Haha, no, not quite. Although it's still a lovely sight to see (for at least 2 weeks :) ) even if it is ridiculously early on in the season.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:53 pm

hilarious dive from the Porto lad.

Rafa looking peeved :lol:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:21 pm

Bubble is bursting

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Batman wrote:Bubble is bursting
I wish Benitez would burst !

Mind ... he looked close to it this week !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Indeed, woe is us, we failed to beat Birmingham at home, the world is going to end, sack Rafa, bring back Pako, the doomsayers were right...

Or just one of those days against a side that were organised and came for a point, and did their job better than we did ours. I'll still take being 1 point (net, given our game in hand) off the lead at this point of the season and yet to conceded a goal from open play in half a dozen games...

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm

blurred wrote:
Indeed, woe is us, we failed to beat Birmingham at home, the world is going to end, sack Rafa, bring back Pako, the doomsayers were right...

Or just one of those days against a side that were organised and came for a point, and did their job better than we did ours. I'll still take being 1 point (net, given our game in hand) off the lead at this point of the season and yet to conceded a goal from open play in half a dozen games...
just make sure you don't have too many of those days

as i have a feeling you will

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Well indeed, I'd be a bit miffed if a general malaise overtook us and we consistently played like that, but we're still ahead of where we were last year (for instance) so one resolute defence is no reason to cry. We'll fail to beat at least one other side like that at Anfield this season, maybe 2. See what Reading did at OT. Sides will always be able to sneak the odd result at the big clubs.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:30 pm

blurred wrote:Well indeed, I'd be a bit miffed if a general malaise overtook us and we consistently played like that, but we're still ahead of where we were last year (for instance) so one resolute defence is no reason to cry. We'll fail to beat at least one other side like that at Anfield this season, maybe 2. See what Reading did at OT. Sides will always be able to sneak the odd result at the big clubs.
And against Liverpool :wink:

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:19 pm

blurred wrote:

well, if you played a proper side....

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 pm

Batman wrote:well, if you played a proper side....
Only 2 changes from the side that started against Porto, and I didn't see too many people saying we weren't putting out a full-strength side against them...

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:58 pm

I remember when we went to Anfield and secured a fantastic 0-0 draw. What a shite game that was.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:55 pm

Nozza wrote:I remember when we went to Anfield and secured a fantastic 0-0 draw. What a shite game that was.
Was that in your 'worst ever season'? Can remember you giving us some form of upset that year. Last time we played you at Anfield was Xabi Alonso 1-0 early in the season, wasn't it?

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:52 pm

You should play that boy Torres more, he looks quite handy.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:53 pm

Batman wrote:You should play that boy Torres more, he looks quite handy.
Aye, I've heard that.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:13 pm

blurred wrote:
Nozza wrote:I remember when we went to Anfield and secured a fantastic 0-0 draw. What a shite game that was.
Was that in your 'worst ever season'? Can remember you giving us some form of upset that year. Last time we played you at Anfield was Xabi Alonso 1-0 early in the season, wasn't it?
Aye, the last time we played was the 1-0 game, good game that one. Mind, the sun wasn't half bright that day. Andy Welsh was harshly sent off that day.

The 0-0 was the time before - in the worst season before the worst season ever - when you had 30+ shots, 15 or so corners, and we had, erm...none. Jurgen Macho played a blinder. He then went to Chelsea, got seriously injured and is now plying his trade in his native Austria, I believe, after a disasterous spell at a German club.

We also beat you 2-1 at the SoL, in the season we finished with 19 points.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:16 pm

Nozza wrote:We also beat you 2-1 at the SoL, in the season we finished with 19 points.
Ooof, that's a low blow Nozza!!

Mind, that's before Liverpool had a super-duper squad that never ever dropped points against weaker teams... ah :mrgreen:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:16 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Nozza wrote:We also beat you 2-1 at the SoL, in the season we finished with 19 points.
Ooof, that's a low blow Nozza!!

Mind, that's before Liverpool had a super-duper squad that never ever dropped points against weaker teams... ah :mrgreen:
We also lost at home to Ipswich 1-0 in their record-breaking season of shitness. We did well at that sort of thing in the late nineties and early noughties. Lost some shockers of FA Cup ties against crap teams, too.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:44 am

You still do, Blurred! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:40 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:You still do, Blurred! :D
That's cos Rafa's a prick. :twisted:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:42 am

Is it strange that I'd take 3 points on Sunday rather than tonight?