Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 pm

It's bollocks. I hate this Arsenal-ification of the game, we need to scrap the modern 'interpretations' of the rules and get back to the old-fashioned version of what is and what isn't a foul. Too much namby pamby fannying around these days with 'intent' and 'anticipating' the foul. Just helps the cheats like Ngog and Gerrard.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
blurred wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Carsley wasn't "attempting to trip" N'Gog though, was he? He was attempting to win the ball, which he either did or nearly did. Christ, next we're going to be giving penalties for THINKING about tackling in the box.
No, you're quite correct, he wasn't attempting to trip Ngog. But then you said that no contact = no foul, which was wrong. You can foul people without touching them. Hell, you can be sent off for not touching someone (attempting to punch or kick them, for instance).
Wouldn't that fall under dangerous play, and an indirect kick then?
Dangerous play is a direct kick
Are you sure? I recall a Juve - Inter game where one of the Juve defenders was penalized for a high kick without actual contact. Adriano scored the free kick . . . which was disallowed because it was indirect.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:08 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
blurred wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Carsley wasn't "attempting to trip" N'Gog though, was he? He was attempting to win the ball, which he either did or nearly did. Christ, next we're going to be giving penalties for THINKING about tackling in the box.
No, you're quite correct, he wasn't attempting to trip Ngog. But then you said that no contact = no foul, which was wrong. You can foul people without touching them. Hell, you can be sent off for not touching someone (attempting to punch or kick them, for instance).
Are you sure? I recall a Juve - Inter game where one of the Juve defenders was penalized for a high kick without actual contact. Adriano scored the free kick . . . which was disallowed because it was indirect.
Well then the Italian ref fecked up

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 pm

boltonboris wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
blurred wrote: No, you're quite correct, he wasn't attempting to trip Ngog. But then you said that no contact = no foul, which was wrong. You can foul people without touching them. Hell, you can be sent off for not touching someone (attempting to punch or kick them, for instance).
Well then the Italian ref fecked up
Not strictly true. 'Dangerous play' is a direct free kick, 'playing in a dangerous manner', a different offence is an indirect offence. Thinks like high foot, where there is no intent to harm, and often occur because a player is unaware of his opponents presence are playing in a dangerous manner.

RE: N'gog- Blurred is right when talking about there being no need to make contact. In the case of Carsley, there is no question of any form of dangerous play being involved, it is clearly a case of deciding whether or not Carsley is guilty of one of the specific, named offences in the Laws relating to a direct free-kick, in this case 'tripping, or attempting to trip' (there are several specifically named-others including 'pushing, or attempting to push', 'kicking or attempting to kick'). Carsley is not attempting to trip N'Gog, he is attempting to win the ball, and he doesn't actually trip him either. Therefore it is not a foul. Easy to see how the ref would think it was though.

I still think my idea on diving is the best at the top level. Tell referees to ignore it, either give the foul or don't, then check on video afterwards, two match ban if guilty.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Bruno wrote:It's bollocks. I hate this Arsenal-ification of the game, we need to scrap the modern 'interpretations' of the rules and get back to the old-fashioned version of what is and what isn't a foul. Too much namby pamby fannying around these days with 'intent' and 'anticipating' the foul. Just helps the cheats like Ngog and Gerrard.

This. 100%
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:Riding a tackle doesn't make you go to ground. Contact does, there was no contact therefore, he should have stayed on his feet
But what if the inconvienience of riding the tackle forces you to lose the ball/miss the chance? Why should the attacker have to hurdle bad challenges in order to get to goal?

At the end of the day, if you're sliding about in the box and don't win the ball, I think you can have few complaints if you give away a penalty.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Bruno wrote:It's bollocks. I hate this Arsenal-ification of the game, we need to scrap the modern 'interpretations' of the rules and get back to the old-fashioned version of what is and what isn't a foul. Too much namby pamby fannying around these days with 'intent' and 'anticipating' the foul. Just helps the cheats like Ngog and Gerrard.
Christ I feel dirty. But I agree entirely with Bruno here.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:39 am

Cheating scouse c*nts. Just my opinion like.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Christ I feel dirty. But I agree entirely with Bruno here.
Whoo oooh lets all jump on the Bruno train :D

100% AGREE

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:26 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Cheating scouse c*nts. Just my opinion like.
But what of their non-Scousers, such as Benitez? Do you have a view on him?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:37 am

In other Benitez/Prick news:
Liverpool have placed a £14m price tag on midfielder Lucas Leiva after a couple of top European sides inquired about his availability. (Daily Mirror)
Is he on drugs?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Cheating scouse c*nts. Just my opinion like.
But what of their non-Scousers, such as Benitez? Do you have a view on him?
I perceive him to be a prick. (I'm not sure if that's ever been mentioned on here.)

:)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:59 am

Who, Benitez or the "couple of top european sides"?
Last edited by Verbal on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:11 am

Verbal wrote:Who, Benitez or the other top european sides?
I reject the question, as it implies Liverpool is a "top European side."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
Verbal wrote:Who, Benitez or the other top european sides?
I reject the question, as it implies Liverpool is a "top European side."
got to have a fish now and then :) edited.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:09 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:In other Benitez/Prick news:
Liverpool have placed a £14m price tag on midfielder Lucas Leiva after a couple of top European sides inquired about his availability. (Daily Mirror)
Is he on drugs?
No, but you clearly are for believing everything you read in the tabloid press.

Seriously, just for a while try thinking that not everything you read is true. You'll feel enlightened.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

blurred wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:In other Benitez/Prick news:
Is he on drugs?
No, but you clearly are for believing everything you read in the tabloid press.

Seriously, just for a while try thinking that not everything you read is true. You'll feel enlightened.
It's only untre when it's about us Blurred.. Please leave us to laugh at your expense. You'll feel enlightened. :wink:

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:44 pm

season going from strength to strength....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Manager swap?Perfect match if you ask me, after all, our manager has a proven track record of simply trying to maintain the status quo, which is their raison d'etre these days.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Watching Gerrard in the tunnel, watching Fiorentina hold on....

Priceless.