Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:23 am

He's only appointed till the end of the season, not 18 months......

Anyway, had a squizz at the Chelsea forums, they are not happy, this is one fans reaction to his appointment.....
Im glad I wasnt over reacting then.

Hearing this news was beyond bad. Beyond a defeat. Beyond Ovrebo or any other tinfoil aided screwjob.

You try to separate what happens in the world from what happens in your personal life, but something like this happens and the line begins to blur. I felt a sick, kind of empty sensation in my stomach for the second half of the day. Its the kind of feeling you feel when you know you're losing something important in your life and theres not a damn thing you can do about it.

I've been so proud to follow Chelsea. Proud that, whatever scandal or setback it was always us (the fans, players, management, and ownership) againt the world. But there is just no pride involved in this. Just a bottomless shame. Like we've been sold to the first punter that promises us a good time. The first asshole coming over the hill with some magic beans, after we ran the last guy out of town. We're out of ideas and strategies and excuses. Its capitulation.

All around the world tonight they are laughing at our leaders, and laughing at the collective misery of supporters. I doubt anyone is laughing harder than Benitez. I'm sure he will find it just as funny counting his compensation money after he runs us into the ground in another repeat of the inter fiasco. Took the mickey out of our fans, owner, manager and club for years. And now he has been handed the keys to the castle. The mind well and truly f**king boggles.
Apart from all that though, he's a good choice right? :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 am

:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 am

I heard yesterday that in the last 8 years Chelsea have spent £90million simply on hiring and compensating managers....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 am

It works for them though.. the figure I read was £70m, but when you're talking those sums, it's like splitting hairs..

They've won more trophies than United since he took over, so he's kind of justifying it in that sense.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 am

boltonboris wrote:It works for them though.. the figure I read was £70m, but when you're talking those sums, it's like splitting hairs..

They've won more trophies than United since he took over, so he's kind of justifying it in that sense.
oh - aye - wasn't meaning to judge it's efficacy either way - just its eye-watering hugeness... many clubs would be pleased if that kind of figure represented their entire transfer-budget for eight years - never mind just hiring and firing managers.. I know we swim in a different pond - but...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:He's only appointed till the end of the season, not 18 months......
He's been appointed until the end of the season with a further 12 months option if they can't land Guardiola. Your ambitions still matching theirs then, Rafa? :lol:

thebish wrote:I heard yesterday that in the last 8 years Chelsea have spent £90million simply on hiring and compensating managers....
I hear that that's more than David Moyes has spent on players in the corresponding period.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:He's only appointed till the end of the season, not 18 months......
He's been appointed until the end of the season with a further 12 months option if they can't land Guardiola. Your ambitions still matching theirs then, Rafa? :lol:

thebish wrote:I heard yesterday that in the last 8 years Chelsea have spent £90million simply on hiring and compensating managers....

I hear that that's more than David Moyes has spent on players in the corresponding period.
Yep apparently so.

Now there's a thought, good manager getting the best out of relatively average players, buying well, improving the team over a long period.....

Nah that would just be too sensible wouldn't it?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Chelsea have won just about every trophy going, some multiple times, and have maintained membership of the Champions League elite in that timeframe. I'll wager their world-wide profile, and income, have soared comensurately

Meanwhile, Moyes has spent loads keeping Everton just about out of the relegation zone. Its a pointless comparison.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Chelsea have won just about every trophy going, some multiple times, and have maintained membership of the Champions League elite in that timeframe. I'll wager their world-wide profile, and income, have soared comensurately

Meanwhile, Moyes has spent loads keeping Everton just about out of the relegation zone. Its a pointless comparison.
You might be right if that statement wasn't absolute and total bollocks.

Their league finishes in recent seasons have been....

6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th.

The season before those they finished 11th. The one before that they finished 4th.

In Moyes 11 seasons there they have finished top 10 8 times, top 8 7 times and have only twice (two out of his first three seasons) been anywhere near the relegation zone.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Fergie has already started hammering him... Which I like
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:03 pm

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/vir ... dlxxeKV.01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He should worry.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Chelsea have won just about every trophy going, some multiple times, and have maintained membership of the Champions League elite in that timeframe. I'll wager their world-wide profile, and income, have soared comensurately

The season before those they finished 11th. The one before that they finished 4th.

In Moyes 11 seasons there they have finished top 10 8 times, top 8 7 times and have only twice (two out of his first three seasons) been anywhere near the relegation zone.
Thankyou for highlighting the pointlessness of the comparison far better than I could have done.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 am

Aye, with LK there, it's just not a real comparison. Abrahmovic is a cerazy mo-fo, but he's got Premier Leagues and a Champions League to show for it. Moyes would look shit if you compared him with Allardyce's time here.

Apples and f*cking expensive oranges.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Thankyou for highlighting the pointlessness of the comparison far better than I could have done.
And as has been pointed out, Chelsea have spent more on replacing managers than Moyes has spent on players.

If he had the resources of a Chelsea, who's to say he wouldn't have done even better than Chelsea have?

When football was football, and kids weren't writing managers off after 4 games, a manager like Moyes would get a proper go at one of the top few clubs.

Perhaps Chelsea could have saved themselves a lot of money if they'd given him a chance instead of chasing the next 'in vogue' manager constantly.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:10 pm

David Icke.....I mean Benitez hasn't even picked a team yet and he's managed to take them from 3rd to 4th.

He won't last long!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm

game 1

and the BBC ticker says that the chelsea fans are "abusively chanting" at Benitez!!

blimey! :shock:
BBC Sport's Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty at Stamford Bridge:

"More abusive chanting aimed at Benitez from Chelsea's fans - real hostility."

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Taxi!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Image

Taxi!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

And as has been pointed out, Chelsea have spent more on replacing managers than Moyes has spent on players.

If he had the resources of a Chelsea, who's to say he wouldn't have done even better than Chelsea have?

When football was football, and kids weren't writing managers off after 4 games, a manager like Moyes would get a proper go at one of the top few clubs.

Perhaps Chelsea could have saved themselves a lot of money if they'd given him a chance instead of chasing the next 'in vogue' manager constantly.
That's fine, but the owner doesn't give the slightest shit about saving money. He's got a massive pile of cash and he's going to use it to win trophies. It's working.

I don't believe it's as easy as - that manager is doing well with no money, give him some money and he'll do even better - or Newcastle would've been Champions League certs under Big Sam.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Image
Taxi!
The booing he got made Bolton's welcome to Megson seem very positive.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".