Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Benitez .... prick

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:30 am

I know there's probably other threads with tyhis theme ... & quite rightly ... but I thought "new season, new start".
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has told McClaren he cannot pick Steven Gerrard, even though he will play for the Reds on Sunday. (Mail)
So ... Stephen Gerrard, a truly high class player, despite being an outrageous diver and not afraid to go in two footed or late, or over the ball ... gets injured in a game.

A fuss is made & it looks like he'll miss a few matches. But Liverpool have a massive game at the weekend.

So, Mr Benitez's solution ??? Well, it seems Gerrad will be fit to play at the weekend, but will NOT be fit to play in midweek in a friendly for England.

Just, exactly, HOW does that work ??

Apparently, the logic is ... ''... if he trains and plays more games after that it will be a bigger risk. We know you cannot push a player too much; for one game it is okay - for more it is a risk."

Personally ... & call me bad minded ... I hope he plays & damages it more. The only downside of that is that England may suffer, but frankly, that's necessary for McClaren to be seen as the pointless tosser he is. Get McClaren out ... watch BFSA tout himself (pointlessly) for the job & watch the bar-code fans turn on him for disloyalty. Seems like a plan to me.

The Anfield boss will ''push'' his captain to play against Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday, despite scans showing he has a hairline fracture of the big toe on his right foot.

Manager, player and medical staff have conferred - and the upshot is that Gerrard will play against the former champions and then rest during international week.

England manager Steve McClaren's problems for the midweek friendly against Germany are clearly not top of Benitez's list - even if he is about to deny England the player who would have captained the side in John Terry's absence.

Benitez will use Gerrard, who picked up the injury against Toulouse in the Reds' 1-0 Champions League qualifying round first-leg win, and leave McClaren with no choice but to accept the player will not be fit to face the Germans.

McClaren could pick a squad, force Gerrard to travel to the England team HQ for medical tests yet still find that he could not be risked.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:20 am

queue smug reply from blurred or C<D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:48 am

Benitez is a tooser.
McClaren is a tosser.
Gerrard is a tosser.
BFSA is a tosser.

'nuff said.
Businesswoman of the year.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:51 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Benitez is a tooser.
McClaren is a tosser.
Gerrard is a tosser.
BFSA is a tosser.

'nuff said.
Ooooooooooooohhhh that's right Hoss, fxcking let Sven off the hook wont you! :roll:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:55 am

:D
Sven for England....bring back Sven, all is forgiven!
Businesswoman of the year.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:57 am

CrazyHorse wrote::D
Sven for England....bring back Sven, all is forgiven!
Ya Tooser :mrgreen:

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:51 pm

hope chelsea gub the bindipping, sh*t chucking, granny stabbing, phlegm talking tw*ts and their fat waiter of a manager

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:57 pm

manager wants to take a risk with his player for the club that pays his wages in a crunch game, meaning he'll miss an international that has no bearing on the club's fortunes. seems perfectly reasonable to me
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:20 pm

communistworkethic wrote:manager wants to take a risk with his player for the club that pays his wages in a crunch game, meaning he'll miss an international that has no bearing on the club's fortunes. seems perfectly reasonable to me

Bentley, David
Sto ut Serviam

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Any road, i don't think we need to worry too much about the centre midfield. We're uite blessed in that position. Lampard and Gerrard don't seem to play well together so it could be a blessing in disguise.

Plenty of quality backups.

Nowt to cry about, let Wafa have his way.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 pm

communistworkethic wrote:manager wants to take a risk with his player for the club that pays his wages in a crunch game, meaning he'll miss an international that has no bearing on the club's fortunes. seems perfectly reasonable to me
Yep, this fella says it about as well as I could. Managers have been doing it for years, will continue to do so.

Stop pissing and whinging when it doesn't affect you.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:49 am

The Waiter wrote:"I thought Jose had said he wouldn't be talking about other clubs this season. Maybe he's already forgotten that.

"I do not feel more pressure because I have bought players and I would rather it was not about me and Jose all the time.

"I do not really enjoy the exchanges that have gone on between me and Jose, I would prefer there to be none."
The Waiter wrote:"We try to sign players we think are good enough for us,” Benítez said. “Now in modern football it depends on the money. Some players prefer more money and it’s something you cannot control. You must only pay the money you can afford and the right money for each player. We can compete with other teams in the market if we want, but we will only pay the right money for the right players.

“Malouda was one of our names, but he decided to go to Chelsea. He knows why. The lifestyle in London? I don’t think so. I don’t want to say why, but I know the answer.”
fo benitez

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:14 am

Liverpool = Not Bolton = Why should you care?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:20 am

Batman wrote:Liverpool = Not Bolton = Why should you care?
because with my club bottom of the league i need to get my kicks elsewhere

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:20 pm

What a lovely goal from Torres, made a c*nt out of Tal Ben. Incredible ball from Gerrard.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What a lovely goal from Torres, made a c*nt out of Tal Ben. Incredible ball from Gerrard.
Agreed, great finish too!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:32 pm

I've seen the three worst penalty decisions that I've ever seen over the course of the same weekend. First off was the one that Portsmouth got against us when Cid clearly took the ball, then there was West Ham's when the ball had gone out of play before Bellamy decided to take a tumble, and then this one where the Chelsea boy barges into the Liverpool defender whilst the ball is nowhere near, and Rob Styles points to the spot! :shock:

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:39 pm

I couldn't have put it better myself. England aren't our concern.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:57 pm

A friendly, moreover. Considering Stevie Me's barely-contained jealousy at being overlooked for the England armband, there'd be more of a fuss if it were a crunch Euro 2008 game.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:00 pm

I say again

Bentley, David

Where does it stop

When is it acceptable for players to pick and choose their games

And what message does it send out to players

Special treatment for the diver isn't likely to help with squad unity
Sto ut Serviam