Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 pm

seanworth wrote:Well looks like Benitez is spouting off again. I'm sure this will go down well with the fans. Let's hope it has a "massive" fall out as a result.
Rafael Benitez has said he will leave Chelsea in May and described the decision to give him the title "interim manager" as a "massive mistake".

After beating Middlesbrough 2-0 in the FA Cup fifth round, the Spaniard also criticised some of the club's fans. He said: "Chelsea gave me the title of interim manager which is a massive mistake. I'm the manager. The fans are not helping us. At the end of the season I will leave. They don't have to worry about me."

He added: "I am a little bit disappointed with some of the fans. They have to support the team instead of wasting time singing songs. If they continue singing and talking, they are not doing [the team] any favours. I will do my best until the last day. I am a professional and I am doing my job. What I want to do is win every single game for Chelsea."
Ha !!

Tosser.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 pm

He wont last the season...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:He wont last the season...
I bet he gets a bonus if he does AND gets them top 4. Then again I'd also bet he has no notice in his contract, so will get paid for the season whether he's there or not..

But attacking the fans ... falling out with Terry (who deserves a 'prick' thread all of his own) .... I assume some others too ... AND sitting on the cusp of 4th/5th may well see him shown the door early. Fck, they could give it Lampard for 3 months & he'd do better.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:48 am

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HjZpBizV ... jZpBizVA4s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leaving at the end of the season....plus has a go at the fans..

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 am

Don't think what he's said is particularly unreasonable but we are in a sanitised and perhaps patronising environment where the manager thanks the fans for their magnificent support at the end of every interview.

I think we all knew this wouldn't work out though! It's the Chelsea fans trying to have some form of influence on the club after feeling so distanced from the RdM sacking / Lampard contract situation etc.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Funny how we was slaughtered for out treatment of Megson when this is no different really. You almost get the feeling the press are in agreement with the Chelsea fans.

I can see Rafa at the jobcentre before the season is up. Probably the next week or two!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:29 am

he were a total dickhead at liverpool and now he's getting shit, folk're supposed to feel sorry for him ?

surprised he didnt call someone a cheat

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 am

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21624383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... & the self-serving, preening nice person starts his media circus up again.

He must be actively seeking getting booted out. The fans reaction at the weekend's game will make Bolton v Hull's Megson one seem quite supportive.

Did I mention that I think he's a prick ?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 am

bobo the clown wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21624383

... & the self-serving, preening tw*t starts his media circus up again.

He must be actively seeking getting booted out. The fans reaction at the weekend's game will make Bolton v Hull's Megson one seem quite supportive.

Did I mention that I think he's a prick ?
I think you did... but I've looked for that post where you called him a prick, and I can't find it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:54 am

So close to 100 pages. Keep it going guys!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:47 pm

I keep hearing reference to "what Benitez said about Chelsea when he was at Liverpool". Does anyone know what it was that he said?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I keep hearing reference to "what Benitez said about Chelsea when he was at Liverpool". Does anyone know what it was that he said?
“We don’t need to give away flags for our fans to wave — our supporters are always there with their hearts, and that is all we need"

"It’s the passion of the fans that helps to win matches — not flags"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... elsea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I keep hearing reference to "what Benitez said about Chelsea when he was at Liverpool". Does anyone know what it was that he said?
I pulled this from some article but not sure if this is the real root of the problem or not.
There is, of course, great irony to this given the reason Chelsea fans hate Benitez -- in so much as there is a reason -- is that in 2005, while manager of Liverpool, he made a dismissive comment about the plastic flags they wave at European games, which supposedly revealed his contempt for the club. At Liverpool, he implied then, there was real atmosphere as fans brought their own flags and banners. So if nothing else, Benitez has at least encouraged Chelsea fans in banner-making, even if they were mainly using the craft to attack him, and even if he doesn't now seem so keen on the idea.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... z2MVplGKHW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Ones of the things I found funny yesterday was that prick Benitez. After the game the only comment I saw credited to him was that he didn't see the incident. I understand that he doesn't give a crap about Chelsea, and can even get the fact he is deluded into still thinking he has an opportunity to screw up his beloved Liverpool a bit more, but the fact that he can't even come to the defense of one of his players, who did nothing wrong yet was mistaken for an empanada is a bit over the top. As a result he deserves a bump.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:17 pm

seanworth wrote:Ones of the things I found funny yesterday was that prick Benitez. After the game the only comment I saw credited to him was that he didn't see the incident. I understand that he doesn't give a crap about Chelsea, and can even get the fact he is deluded into still thinking he has an opportunity to screw up his beloved Liverpool a bit more, but the fact that he can't even come to the defense of one of his players, who did nothing wrong yet was mistaken for an empanada is a bit over the top. As a result he deserves a bump.
Bless you.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 pm

In charge at Napoli, apparently....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:In charge at Napoli, apparently....
... where he will bide his time with Italianate prickery whilst hoping for Rodgers to cock it up at Liverpool.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue May 28, 2013 7:17 am

Another opportunity to hit that magic 100 pages.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 03, 2015 10:24 am

:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32564389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 03, 2015 10:40 am

Prufrock wrote::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32564389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out of contract at Napoli, where I note they've hardly rushed forward with a new one. Still lives on the Wirral and still turns up at various "Spirit of Shankly" fan gatherings.

He will have been well aware of all this brewing up though not be anywhere near it of course.

I'd bloody love him to return there. It'd be up there with the "King Kenny" shite.