Okocha

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:41 pm

Nozza wrote:
chris wrote:
  • No 'we think we're big' Premieship teams
    Nice countryside
    Good beaches
I don't think any of those apply to Sunderland - what's right with that area?
Never been up this neck of the woods then?

County Durham and Northumberland has some of the finest countryside this country has to offer, as well as some stunning beaches. Sunderland has won a few awards for it's clean beaches in recent years and has over 3 miles of coastal beaches.

And the only team up here who claims to be a big team is Middlesbrough...and they are in Yorkshire.

As for Sunderland as a city, we're currently under going a massive regeneration process - which is currently valued at around £500 million - and will see the old Vaux brewery site regenerated, and we have just been awarded a link to London with Grand Central Trains which will see daily routes to the capital.
And yet it took you eight days since my message to find something good about Sunderland?

Northumberland's OK - but Dartmoor's better :twisted:
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:01 pm

I don't frequent these boards as much as I did, so I didn't see your post.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:11 pm

stunning beaches in sunderland?? hahahahha

even if they're passable only mongy geordies who think it's normal to go shirtless in a blizzard dare go near them for fear of hypothermia
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:02 pm

communistworkethic wrote:stunning beaches in sunderland?? hahahahha

even if they're passable only mongy geordies who think it's normal to go shirtless in a blizzard dare go near them for fear of hypothermia
Have you ever been?
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:08 pm

unfortunately, aye. didn't get sunburn, got windburn in seaburn!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am

West Country ain't all bad. Thatchers cider, gigboat and kebabs. But no f*cking football
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:58 pm

Bristol City on a bit of a roll - well by their standards anyway.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:04 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Penny wrote:Watched Okocha against Chelsea last night he really is a joy to watch as a footballer. His legs have gone but boy does he still have some ability on the ball great to see him again. Would be superb if we got Hull at the Bok in the FA Cup to see JJ (and Ped) one more time and give them the send off they deserve
Well.. Jay Jay anyhow
No I want to see if pedders is just as bad when he's on the other side. Different perspective and all that.
Pedersen would play horribly against us, our defense would give him all the time in the world and that's when he's at his worst. If we were capable of closing him down quickly he'd get a hat trick.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Hull winning 3 - 1 at the moment:

39:39 GOAL - Henrik Pedersen
Hull 2 - Ipswich 0

Goal by Henrik Pedersen (Hull) left-footed (bottom-left of goal) from left side of penalty area (18 yards).Hull 2-0 Ipswich. Assist (pass) by Dean Windass (Hull) from left channel.

10:32 GOAL - Henrik Pedersen
Hull 1 - Ipswich 0

Cross by Jay-Jay Okocha (Hull), headed goal by Henrik Pedersen (Hull) (top-right of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Hull 1-0 Ipswich. Assist (pass) by Jay-Jay Okocha (Hull) from left wing.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:01 pm

keveh wrote:Hull winning 3 - 1 at the moment:

39:39 GOAL - Henrik Pedersen
Hull 2 - Ipswich 0

Goal by Henrik Pedersen (Hull) left-footed (bottom-left of goal) from left side of penalty area (18 yards).Hull 2-0 Ipswich. Assist (pass) by Dean Windass (Hull) from left channel.

10:32 GOAL - Henrik Pedersen
Hull 1 - Ipswich 0

Cross by Jay-Jay Okocha (Hull), headed goal by Henrik Pedersen (Hull) (top-right of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Hull 1-0 Ipswich. Assist (pass) by Jay-Jay Okocha (Hull) from left wing.
Two goals for an ex-Wanderer, one assist from an ex-Wanderer, one assist from a future Wanderer. (It is written.)

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:00 pm

Going to see Preston v Hull on 4th Dec.

Got a spare if anyone wants to join me.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:15 pm

I tell you what, Peds got a hell of a lot of stick in his time with us but he didn't half score some decent goals, and his second goal yesterday was a crackin' finish...