Okocha

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Okocha

Post by James B » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:58 pm

got a standing ovation at molineux tonight coming off 5 minutes from time in hull's 1-0 win there

not saying anything like we should have gone back in for him, just nice to hear him taking the p*ss out of the west country w*nkers 8)

purplehaze
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by purplehaze » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:00 pm

<3 we shuldnt have lost him in the first place, just glad hes back in england where he belongs :)
I a!m f0r th3 h34d

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:59 am

I'd actually be up for going to watch Okocha play for Hull. I'm not sure there's another player like him in the world, so it would be good to see him play live again before he retires.

"You've only come to watch Okocha" - too right!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: Okocha

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:04 am

James B wrote:got a standing ovation at molineux tonight coming off 5 minutes from time in hull's 1-0 win there

not saying anything like we should have gone back in for him, just nice to hear him taking the p*ss out of the west country w*nkers 8)
geography not a strong point, JB?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:27 am

purplehaze wrote:<3 we shuldnt have lost him in the first place, just glad hes back in england where he belongs :)

we let him go cos he went shite..........2yrs on and I doubt he would do a job

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:03 am

communistworkethic wrote:
James B wrote:got a standing ovation at molineux tonight coming off 5 minutes from time in hull's 1-0 win there

it was late, i'd had a few beers, and i thought saying black country might get accusations of racism levelled at me :(

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:30 am

James B wrote:

it was late, i'd had a few beers, and i thought saying black country might get accusations of racism levelled at me :(
Racist.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:56 am

Batman wrote:
purplehaze wrote:<3 we shuldnt have lost him in the first place, just glad hes back in england where he belongs :)
we let him go cos he went shite..........2yrs on and I doubt he would do a job
Batty ... he went shite because BFSA imposed a requirement on him which was about 180 degrees different than his natural ability.

So he played a hard working, restrictive, 'team-ethic' game and engaged in desperate long-shots plus his 'long-throw'. What a waste.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:57 am

Nozza wrote:
James B wrote:

Racist.
West Country'ist !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Nozza wrote:
James B wrote:

Racist.
West Country'ist !
And what's wrong with the West Country?? :evil: :evil:
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:22 am

chris wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Nozza wrote:
James B wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:geography not a strong point, JB?
Racist.
West Country'ist !
How long have you got?

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:53 am

chris wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Nozza wrote:
James B wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:geography not a strong point, JB?
Racist.
West Country'ist !
What's right with it?
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:06 am

• No 'we think we're big' Premieship teams
    Nice countryside
    Good beaches
I don't think any of those apply to Sunderland - what's right with that area?
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Penny
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Penny » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Watched Okocha against Chelsea last night he really is a joy to watch as a footballer. His legs have gone but boy does he still have some ability on the ball great to see him again. Would be superb if we got Hull at the Bok in the FA Cup to see JJ (and Ped) one more time and give them the send off they deserve

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:09 pm

Penny wrote:Watched Okocha against Chelsea last night he really is a joy to watch as a footballer. His legs have gone but boy does he still have some ability on the ball great to see him again. Would be superb if we got Hull at the Bok in the FA Cup to see JJ (and Ped) one more time and give them the send off they deserve
Well.. Jay Jay anyhow

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:11 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Penny wrote:Watched Okocha against Chelsea last night he really is a joy to watch as a footballer. His legs have gone but boy does he still have some ability on the ball great to see him again. Would be superb if we got Hull at the Bok in the FA Cup to see JJ (and Ped) one more time and give them the send off they deserve
Well.. Jay Jay anyhow
No I want to see if pedders is just as bad when he's on the other side. Different perspective and all that.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:09 pm

chris wrote:
    Nice countryside
    Good beaches
Never been up this neck of the woods then?

County Durham and Northumberland has some of the finest countryside this country has to offer, as well as some stunning beaches. Sunderland has won a few awards for it's clean beaches in recent years and has over 3 miles of coastal beaches.

And the only team up here who claims to be a big team is Middlesbrough...and they are in Yorkshire.

As for Sunderland as a city, we're currently under going a massive regeneration process - which is currently valued at around £500 million - and will see the old Vaux brewery site regenerated, and we have just been awarded a link to London with Grand Central Trains which will see daily routes to the capital.

Sunderland Arc
Grand Central Trains - routes to London from Sunderland
Roker Beach
Seaburn Beach - The "Cat and Dog Steps"

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:16 pm

Nozza wrote:
chris wrote:
    Nice countryside
    Good beaches
Never been up this neck of the woods then?

County Durham and Northumberland has some of the finest countryside this country has to offer, as well as some stunning beaches. Sunderland has won a few awards for it's clean beaches in recent years and has over 3 miles of coastal beaches.

And the only team up here who claims to be a big team is Middlesbrough...and they are in Yorkshire.

As for Sunderland as a city, we're currently under going a massive regeneration process - which is currently valued at around £500 million - and will see the old Vaux brewery site regenerated, and we have just been awarded a link to London with Grand Central Trains which will see daily routes to the capital.

Sunderland Arc
Grand Central Trains - routes to London from Sunderland
Roker Beach
Seaburn Beach - The "Cat and Dog Steps"
Everybody freezing to fooking death on the top one.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Nozza wrote:
chris wrote:
    Nice countryside
    Good beaches
, and we have just been awarded a link to London with Grand Central Trains which will see daily routes to the capital.
So everybody can get out of the place? :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:27 pm

He got some fair old whip on that free-kick didn't he!!