Jewell

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Jewell

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:42 am

Now 'ready and willing to return to work' and open to offers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 082416.stm

I wonder why our relegation battle was so unattractive to him.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Jewell

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Now 'ready and willing to return to work' and open to offers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 082416.stm

I wonder why our relegation battle was so unattractive to him.
He doesn't say what sort of job offers he'd consider though.

If he really did have what some believe to be a nervous breakdown you can't blame clubs for being cautious.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:33 am

Well I have no idea whether we were interested in him/approached him or not. I'm just commenting on the fact that he himself ruled himself out for our vacancy.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:49 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Well I have no idea whether we were interested in him/approached him or not. I'm just commenting on the fact that he himself ruled himself out for our vacancy.
We don't know whether he ruled himself out or not. He never made a statement either way.

jamesy90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jamesy90 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:49 am

yea he would have been a good choice
but he wouldnt have an interveiw with us :|
megson seems to have got us going the right way so far lets hope hell keep it up :D
http://iphone.giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=218528

follow that link for a website wer u do a little work and get an iphone not a scam or virus

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Well I have no idea whether we were interested in him/approached him or not. I'm just commenting on the fact that he himself ruled himself out for our vacancy.
We don't know whether he ruled himself out or not. He never made a statement either way.
Jeez, have I made that up? I thought I'd read that he wasn't interested...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:56 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Plenty of papers speculated that he "wasn't ready to come back to management and had turned down the chance to interview" but Jewell never confirmed it. There was also plenty of speculation that Jewell did interview for the job and in fact if you ask Mr Sharrock, he is certain that Jewell went for an interview so if that is true at some point he must have had some interest.

But he never ruled himself in or out officially.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Plenty of papers speculated that he "wasn't ready to come back to management and had turned down the chance to interview" but Jewell never confirmed it. There was also plenty of speculation that Jewell did interview for the job and in fact if you ask Mr Sharrock, he is certain that Jewell went for an interview so if that is true at some point he must have had some interest.

I'd rather eat cow dung
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:16 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'd rather eat cow dung
What and not ask our local rags "informed" chief sports writer?

Umm that is a tough choice.

Listen to some shi.t or eat some?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:11 am

I can only guess that the Wigan job is attractive because he knows the people and the set up there already. Less of a leap in the dark than Bolton, Leicester or whoever else it was approached him might have been (from his PoV).

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:39 pm

ratbert wrote:I can only guess that the Wigan job is attractive because he knows the people and the set up there already. Less of a leap in the dark than Bolton, Leicester or whoever else it was approached him might have been (from his PoV).
Not to mention the fact that he'd be under a hell of a lot less pressure back at Latics than he would be at a bigger club like ourselves.

Shame really as WAFC and Souness would be perfectly suited.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:02 pm

He's ruled himself out of returning to Wigan.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 092295.stm
Businesswoman of the year.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:04 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:He's ruled himself out of returning to Wigan.
Beat me too it!!! Just been to get my subway lunch from wiggggan and beautifully the locals are crying into there pies!!

:twisted:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:21 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:He's ruled himself out of returning to Wigan.
Beat me too it!!! Just been to get my subway lunch from wiggggan and beautifully the locals are crying into there pies!!

:twisted:
Its good news for us.