Still on the bright side

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Still on the bright side

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:27 pm

At least we won't have to suffer the St Georges flag all over next year..

and I won't have to stand in a packed boozer in earshot of Margie and Darren from HR
who ' don't really follow football but like England ' and then take every opportunity to demonstrate
their stupidity for the duration...

and the words 'Golden generation' will not be bandied about..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:35 pm

True.

I don't know why, but 8 years ago my best mate and I vowed to travel to Euro 2008.

I think we still might.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:36 pm

True.

I don't know why, but 8 years ago my best mate and I vowed to travel to Euro 2008.

I think we still might - at least there'll be no dire England performances and Michael Owen injuries to spoil the trip.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:41 pm

go for it, it'll be great without our knobhead fans.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:47 pm

Batman wrote:go for it, it'll be great without our knobhead fans.
True but there's still a great danger you may run into that c*nt Alan Green and
radio 5 live who will doubtless still qualify for their license paid jolly...
'bringing us the best coverage' etc..

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:48 pm

i just hate the bbc pronunciation dept

'solsharraer'

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:48 pm

norm the jedi wrote:True but there's still a great danger you may run into that c*nt Alan Green
Well I wouldn't slow down, that's for sure...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Still on the bright side

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:04 am

norm the jedi wrote:At least we won't have to suffer the St Georges flag all over next year..

and I won't have to stand in a packed boozer in earshot of Margie and Darren from HR
who ' don't really follow football but like England ' and then take every opportunity to demonstrate
their stupidity for the duration.....
Whoa, Norm, f'cough.

We don't employ Darren's in HR. Never met one in my life & never likely too. Shelf-stackers name that is !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:19 am

bobo the clown wrote:
norm the jedi wrote:At least we won't have to suffer the St Georges flag all over next year..

Whoa, Norm, f'cough.

We don't employ Darren's in HR. Never met one in my life & never likely too. Shelf-stackers name that is !!
watchit Grimaldi... I can introduce you.... ... to 2 Darrens from Hr... so ner and they're both Alan Greens.. :shock:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:05 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:True.

I think we still might - at least there'll be no dire England performances and Michael Owen injuries to spoil the trip.
blinding idea, didnt think of that - maybe take in a greece game or summat?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:06 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:True.

blinding idea, didnt think of that - maybe take in a greece game or summat?
Exactly, perhaps we can support Stelios, Anelka, Wilhelmsson, and maybe even Dzemaili if he gets fit and playing for Switzerland.

Anyway, in other news... at least Dave Whelan's losing a few bob on this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7106952.stm

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:07 pm

Lloyd, that's an HR person's name
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 pm

and Natasha
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Whoa, Norm, f'cough.

watchit Grimaldi... I can introduce you.... ... to 2 Darrens from Hr... so ner and they're both Alan Greens.. :shock:
Can't be REAL HR then, must be in the fluffy, girly parts of HR work.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:55 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
norm the jedi wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Whoa, Norm, f'cough.

Can't be REAL HR then, must be in the fluffy, girly parts of HR work.
err I thought thats what all HR was.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:07 pm

mother nation of football! we should just turn up anyway, demand to play or we are taking our ball back!

and if they still dont let us we should declare war on em, america will back us up! :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:mother nation of football! we should just turn up anyway, demand to play or we are taking our ball back!

and if they still dont let us we should declare war on em, america will back us up! :wink:
Did Norway qualify?

If they did, then we've got a chance of this tactic working.

Fancy a job? :roll:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:mother nation of football! we should just turn up anyway, demand to play or we are taking our ball back!

Did Norway qualify?
No.

Might still go out there myself. Currently trying to choose a team to support. I'll keep an eye on the Dutch but I'm torn atwixt the Poles and Austrians. And as stated there'll be some Bolton players to cheer.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:

Did Norway qualify?
No.

Might still go out there myself. Currently trying to choose a team to support. I'll keep an eye on the Dutch but I'm torn atwixt the Poles and Austrians. And as stated there'll be some Bolton players to cheer.
Yeah, it would probably be my adopted country the Netherlands for me too, even if they aren't very good and orange doesn't suit me.

They are one of the few countries that don't have a collective irrational England hatred.

They did want Russia to go through, but only because they are managed by one of their own.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:42 pm

Eventually! :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"