Ronaldo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Ronaldo

Post by marshall_42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am

Substitute relevant names with related Anelka transfer speculation (see below). Thats how I want to see things done. Give me a job at the BBC!

We won't sell Ronaldo - Man Utd
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldo joined Man Utd in a £12.2m deal in August 2003
Manchester United chief executive David Gill insists the club would never sell Cristiano Ronaldo, amid reports Real Madrid are lining up a £50m offer.

"There's no chance of us selling him, no way, whatever the bid," he said.

"Cristiano signed a new contract last season to 2012 and we are not a selling club. (Manager) Alex Ferguson has never let a player go he didn't want to.

"He is happy here. Alex knows Ronaldo's mind and what he's about - everything about him is Manchester United."
We won't sell Anelka - Bolton Wanderers

Anelka joined Bolton in a £8m deal in August 2006
Bolton chief executive Phil Gartside insists the club would never sell Anelka, amid reports Chelsea are lining up a £15m offer.

"Nicholas signed a new contract last season to 2010 and we are not a selling club. (Manager) Gary Megson has never let a player go he didn't want to.

"He is happy here. Gary knows Nico's mind and what he's about - everything about him is Bolton Wanderers."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ronaldo

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:55 am

marshall_42 wrote:Substitute relevant names with related Anelka transfer speculation (see below). Thats how I want to see things done. Give me a job at the BBC!

We won't sell Ronaldo - Man Utd
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldo joined Man Utd in a £12.2m deal in August 2003
Manchester United chief executive David Gill insists the club would never sell Cristiano Ronaldo, amid reports Real Madrid are lining up a £50m offer.

"Cristiano signed a new contract last season to 2012 and we are not a selling club. (Manager) Alex Ferguson has never let a player go he didn't want to.

"He is happy here. Alex knows Ronaldo's mind and what he's about - everything about him is Manchester United."
We won't sell Anelka - Bolton Wanderers

Anelka joined Bolton in a £8m deal in August 2006
Bolton chief executive Phil Gartside insists the club would never sell Anelka, amid reports Chelsea are lining up a £15m offer.

"Nicholas signed a new contract last season to 2010 and we are not a selling club. (Manager) Gary Megson has never let a player go he didn't want to.

"He is happy here. Gary knows Nico's mind and what he's about - everything about him is Bolton Wanderers."
Aye but nobody would be stupid enought to believe we are Anelka's dream club or that he wouldn't love a move to a champs league club.

Thats where the idea falls down.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Also substitute ManUre's reported record profit (reported today) with Bolton's oh shit we made a bit of a loss...

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:28 pm

on a separate related Ronaldo point. My dad has never been to a Prem match, but has always liked Man Ure. My mum in her infinte wisdom has suggested that she buy tickets for me and my dad to go to OT to see MU v BWFC. I wish she had suggested BWFC vs MU a few weeks ago. Should I agree to this suicide slagging session that can only ensue or deny my da the chance of a lifetime?
or... we might beat em and I'll be chuffed.

Help!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:31 pm

marshall_42 wrote:on a separate related Ronaldo point. My dad has never been to a Prem match, but has always liked Man Ure. My mum in her infinte wisdom has suggested that she buy tickets for me and my dad to go to OT to see MU v BWFC. I wish she had suggested BWFC vs MU a few weeks ago. Should I agree to this suicide slagging session that can only ensue or deny my da the chance of a lifetime?

Help!
put it this way, i once went to man u v bwfc when WE won at OT, and I sat in the Rag end due to my Rag ST holding father

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Batman wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:on a separate related Ronaldo point. My dad has never been to a Prem match, but has always liked Man Ure. My mum in her infinte wisdom has suggested that she buy tickets for me and my dad to go to OT to see MU v BWFC. I wish she had suggested BWFC vs MU a few weeks ago. Should I agree to this suicide slagging session that can only ensue or deny my da the chance of a lifetime?

Help!
put it this way, i once went to man u v bwfc when WE won at OT, and I sat in the Rag end due to my Rag ST holding father
did you have to sit on your hands and bite your lip? Or did you stick it up em? :P

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:35 pm

the former, i was in the stretford end.........

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:37 pm

I was in the Stretford when we beat em 2-1 in the 70's fecking excellent.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Also substitute ManUre's reported record profit (reported today) with Bolton's oh shit we made a bit of a loss...
That profit presumably making a mighty dint in the near-billion they owe in loans? :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Also substitute ManUre's reported record profit (reported today) with Bolton's oh shit we made a bit of a loss...
That profit presumably making a mighty dint in the near-billion they owe in loans? :wink:
Fair point :-) not sure they're sweating on theirs as much as we're sweating on ours though...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fair point :-) not sure they're sweating on theirs as much as we're sweating on ours though...
No, probably not. Good job the global credit market isn't imploding or anything...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Tell me how Kitson could get fouled and blatantly so, in the United box and get....penalised? Oh, er don't bother. Shouldn't have asked.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Has anyone ever known a scoring run like this from a winger? I know he takes the penalties and strives all out to get goals when United are already comfortably ahead but it's getting ridiculous now.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 pm

27 goals in 28 games, I think. Scary. At this rate he'll have about 45 goals by the end of the season if he doesn't get injured.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 pm

i hope someone breaks his leg, or does that cruciate thing in

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm

Classy.

Anyway I don't care if he's a prick, he's a great player.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 pm

Daxter wrote:Classy.

I agree. Where on earth he came up with the technique for that free-kick tonight, I don't know. You watch footie beyond these shores, Daxter. Have you seen that done before? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I agree. Where on earth he came up with the technique for that free-kick tonight, I don't know. You watch footie beyond these shores, Daxter. Have you seen that done before? :conf:
Unfortunately haven't seen the goal yet and will have to wait for MOTD. Some people I suppose will hold a grudge against for the world cup incident or whatever, but seems to me that he has cut out most of the diving from his game. He's a top, top player who hasn't even entered his prime and I think it's great that he's playing in our country.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:55 pm

Daxter wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Unfortunately haven't seen the goal yet and will have to wait for MOTD. Some people I suppose will hold a grudge against for the world cup incident or whatever, but seems to me that he has cut out most of the diving from his game. He's a top, top player who hasn't even entered his prime and I think it's great that he's playing in our country.
Absolutely agree. Maybe one or two would rather see a few more Gerard Cid types? Your guess is as good as mine.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Oh, and his free-kick is even better than Flamini's goal last night, if you can believe that.