Fat Sam - bitter? Noooooooo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Fat Sam - bitter? Noooooooo

Post by Batman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce admits he is still "smarting" over his departure from the club and does not feel he was given a fair chance.

Allardyce parted company with the Magpies in January after just eight months in charge following a poor start to the season.

But Allardyce, who was appointed by former chairman Freddy Shepherd before last summer's takeover, claims he was not given the backing he had been expecting when he took the job.

"I am smarting," Allardyce told Sky Sports. "I think that for me (given) the timing, and the few games I had, it was a massive shock when they said they were going to make a change.

"At the start of the season we had a short window with the new owners to work with. We had not as much money as I expected.

"I didn't really come for that, I came to spend big money, which is what Freddy did - he was obviously the man that employed me.

"That was obviously the bottom line to make life difficult at some stage.

"I explained that to the new owners and said somewhere down the line we'd get a bit of stick, and they haven't been able to withstand that by the looks of it. I'm a casualty of that.

"I don't think in any way, looking back, any of that was my fault.

"At the time I considered myself to have a chance but since I've left things have been said that I was never their man."

Allardyce firmly believes he could have proved a successful Newcastle manager had the circumstances been different.

The 53-year-old is proud of his managerial record with clubs such as Blackpool, Notts County and particularly Bolton, and hopes his ill-fated spell at St James' Park has not tarnished that.

He added: "You make the right decisions by your own track record. I think I've made the right decisions over the last 16 years by the clubs I've been at, building my reputation.

"That's the disappointing thing for me. I hope it hasn't damaged my reputation."

arsehole

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:00 pm

His reputation is not too clever anywhere with a BL postcode.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:55 pm

"I don't think in any way, looking back, any of that was my fault".
Fckg sums you up you fat, arrogant bastard.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Fare play to a guy normally known as 'wxnker'

Redknapp "Look at Bolton, Bolton are getting back to what they know best and playing that way"

*Cue - Verrrrrry nervous, uneasy shift by fatface, followed by a loud slurp, which normally means he's going to speak*

"Yes, Bolton have had to spend big in January to do that"

Aye, after getting rid of all the shite you left us with on your way to management immortality.

“So, who’s in trouble Sam?”

“I’ll say all the way up to Middlesbrough”

"Why do you say Middlesbrough Sam?"

"Oh, well, I've just come from Newcastle, and they have blah blah blah"

Total bxllocks you self absorbed twxt! Those Superstars are ripping the fxcking Prem apart at the minute aren't they!!

I've never been a bigger Megson fan then now!

Guppy fish looking prxck! :evil:

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:24 pm

For the vast majority of the time he was with us he managed the club marvellously well - and with hardly any transfer budget to speak of to help turn things around (up to Anelka's signing).

Ok the way he left was bad (but let's be honest - we said nothing when he left Notts County in very much the same way to join us).

I think now is a good time for us all to let go and move on.

Thanks for the good times Sam - pity it ended in the way it did.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Lard Ass wrote:"At the start of the season we had a short window with the new owners to work with. We had not as much money as I expected.

"I didn't really come for that, I came to spend big money, which is what Freddy did - he was obviously the man that employed me.
I mentioned this in another thread, but why would Allardyce deserve money? Seems to me his eye for talent is long gone. Take out the Okochas, Hierros, Djorkaeffs, and Anelkas (didn't take much to see the potential there) and what's his ratio of good signings to shit ones?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:31 pm

sluffy wrote:For the vast majority of the time he was with us he managed the club marvellously well - and with hardly any transfer budget to speak of to help turn things around (up to Anelka's signing).

Ok the way he left was bad (but let's be honest - we said nothing when he left Notts County in very much the same way to join us).

Not us you need to convince Sluffy!

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
sluffy wrote:For the vast majority of the time he was with us he managed the club marvellously well - and with hardly any transfer budget to speak of to help turn things around (up to Anelka's signing).

Not us you need to convince Sluffy!
I did intend the "....for us all...." to include the likes of Allardyce, Gartside, the coaching staff (who went on gardening leave), etc - sorry, my fault, I should have expressed myself more clearly.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:36 am

Man's a prick. I just chose to ignore it when he was at Bolton because he was our prick.

Here's to him getting offered the Bury job.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:26 am

In case anyone ever wondered ... he's today decided to tell the world that the problem was that Newcastle weren't really a big enough club for him !!

Fck ... I hope he's sold his property up there or it will soon look like Camden Market last night. In fact ... no I don't ... & I'm tempted to hope he's in it at the time.

Wanka.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Son of Jardel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Son of Jardel » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:12 pm

"The usual rubbish that goes when someone like me is sacked from a club like Newcastle is that the job was too big for me. That's just not true.

If I'm honest the reverse is probably true. Newcastle probably wasn't big enough for me - it didn't live up to my ambitions in the short time that I was there. And because it didn't do that the club missed a chance to realise its own ambitions.

The more I analyse it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was never about me or results. It was about things they wanted to put in place."

Am I the only one who can actually see where he's coming from? :oops:
He went in there with a five year plan and got eight months... whereas Newcastle appointed Kevin Keegan as manager ten years after he won nothing with them first time round. Who is lacking in ambition there?

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:00 pm

I only caught bits of it today, but fair play, he got an underarm ball that gave him the chance to give Ashley a kicking, a la Souness on Fat Fred, but he declined and said he's pumped 1/4 Billion into the club, he's entitled to call the shots as he sees fit.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:41 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Lard Ass wrote:"At the start of the season we had a short window with the new owners to work with. We had not as much money as I expected.

I mentioned this in another thread, but why would Allardyce deserve money? Seems to me his eye for talent is long gone. Take out the Okochas, Hierros, Djorkaeffs, and Anelkas (didn't take much to see the potential there) and what's his ratio of good signings to shit ones?
That must be why there was a queue a mile long to get him
Sto ut Serviam

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Son of Jardel wrote:"The usual rubbish that goes when someone like me is sacked from a club like Newcastle is that the job was too big for me. That's just not true.

If I'm honest the reverse is probably true. Newcastle probably wasn't big enough for me - it didn't live up to my ambitions in the short time that I was there. And because it didn't do that the club missed a chance to realise its own ambitions.

The more I analyse it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was never about me or results. It was about things they wanted to put in place."

He went in there with a five year plan and got eight months... whereas Newcastle appointed Kevin Keegan as manager ten years after he won nothing with them first time round. Who is lacking in ambition there?
B-Hell, Son of the Big Man ... you're missing the point.

What's being balanced, reaonable and fair got to do with supporting a football team & any random rivalries which may arise ???

Get a grip, boy !!

He's down ... the Bar-Codes are down ... get kicking !!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:22 pm

Son of Jardel wrote:"The usual rubbish that goes when someone like me is sacked from a club like Newcastle is that the job was too big for me. That's just not true.

Probably. What he was asking for was a blank checkbook and five years where he wouldn't be held accountable for results. That kind of demand has nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with covering his ass.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 pm

I think he's a tool and he is bitter but, shy of the £5million in his sky, he's got a reason to be a bit Tetley.

He was given a job by Shepherd on the basis of building from the ground up, to do that you've got to knock down the ruins first. He'd barely got the diggers in when there's a new site owner who decides rather than the office block that they had been building he wants a funpark instead, so fires off Allardyce and brings in Kevo the Clown, who promptly forgets to bring any blueprints and is working from plans in his head dran up before that terrible accident with the baseball bat.

So, if you'd been give the sack in favour of someone without a fecking clue, who inspite of demonstrating total incompetence, was given an open chequebook and as much time as he likes, you might just be a wee bit pissed off.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:49 am

communistworkethic wrote:I think he's a tool and he is bitter but, shy of the £5million in his sky, he's got a reason to be a bit Tetley.

He was given a job by Shepherd on the basis of building from the ground up, to do that you've got to knock down the ruins first. He'd barely got the diggers in when there's a new site owner who decides rather than the office block that they had been building he wants a funpark instead, so fires off Allardyce and brings in Kevo the Clown, who promptly forgets to bring any blueprints and is working from plans in his head dran up before that terrible accident with the baseball bat.

So, if you'd been give the sack in favour of someone without a fecking clue, who inspite of demonstrating total incompetence, was given an open chequebook and as much time as he likes, you might just be a wee bit pissed off.

Got it in one

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:01 am

bw@bw wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:I think he's a tool and he is bitter but, shy of the £5million in his sky, he's got a reason to be a bit Tetley.

Got it in one
My heart bleeds for him.
Businesswoman of the year.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Commie, fair points . . . if we're talking about any club other than Newcastle. For Alardass to act stunned that he wasn't given five years of unsupervised spending is disingenuous in the extreme.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Another fair point.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!