Gazza Nuts - official

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Gazza Nuts - official

Post by fatshaft » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Gazza Nuts - official

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Don't think thats news :D he's been barking for years!!!!!

TBH it's sad someone with the talent that barcode tosser had blew it like he did hold on sad,barcode tosser helppppppppp me heads gone

SuperWhiteWarrior
Promising
Promising

Post by SuperWhiteWarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:27 pm

He'll be let out within the week
Where The One And Only Wanderers

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 pm

How come they used a picture of Harry Enfield? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Its really sad to see that it has come to this.
No matter what you might say, the guy was a talented player who didnt have the advisers to keep him sane. (George Best was another)
A true "Character" who found himself at the mercy of other more unsavoury people.
Hope he can sort himself out. (But I doubt it).
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:54 pm

davroduk wrote:Its really sad to see that it has come to this.
No matter what you might say, the guy was a talented player who didnt have the advisers to keep him sane. (George Best was another)
A true "Character" who found himself at the mercy of other more unsavoury people.

How come it's only the skillful players that get lauded as they drink themselves to death? What about Gary Charles? Remember him? The guy whose knee Gascoigne tried to turn inside out in the 91 cup final, yet in a moment of pure justice fecked his own up instead. Gary Charles is a former England international too, Gary Charles is now a hopeless alcoholic too, a hopeless alcoholic that's served 12 months for a public order offence whilst serving a suspended sentence whilst pissed.
Do I hear the likes of you apologists rallying round for the likes of Gary Charles? No. Maybe if he'd have twatted his Mrs a time or two then he might win your sort over, and of course, had he been a bit more skillful.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Meanwhile According to the BBC, there's no show without punch...

Keegan supports the Gazza sectioning.

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says the sectioning of Paul Gascoigne under the Mental Health Act is a good thing for the ex-footballer and his family.
As a Newcastle apprentice in the 1980s, Gascoigne used to clean Keegan's boots and the current St James' Park boss is hopeful for the 40-year-old's future.

"Having talked with his father and sister, this is the best thing that could have happened for him," he said.

"I think it's a very positive thing in the life of Paul Gascoigne."
Businesswoman of the year.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:56 pm

wonder if jimmy 12 bellies is helping his mate out now his moneys gone.. ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:26 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Meanwhile According to the BBC, there's no show without punch...

Keegan offers Gazza help

"If he's so deluded and living on past glories with unreasonable expectations that it's becoming more tragic than comic, he'll fit right in at Newcastle United."

spraggy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spraggy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:03 am

Gazza for NUFC manager? The messiah part 2?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:33 am

On a radio interview the other day, Gordon Taylor, though he spoke with some sympathy, basically said "... we've tried ... we've given him every opportunity ... but he always fails to take them ... it's very sad, but no sadder than lots of others who have had far less opportunity ... at least if he's sectioned he won't be asble to walk out like he normally does".

Interesting ... but now I realise Bruce Rioja IS Gordon Taylor !!

Personally I never got the "let's sympathise with him" stuff. Any more than I did with the George Best apologists. Talented wasters ... but wasters nonetheless.

... and he should have been sent-off whilst lying on the Wembley turf with his knee fecked in 1991.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:30 am

Kinda related -

I have a Kristofferson CD, where he introduces a song called "The last thing to go" as follows

The former world Champion Willie Pep described a boxers life as

The first thing to go is your legs
Then its your balance
Then its your friends

These days its not just boxers who have armies of hangers on and fair weather friends.
In days gone by, Shankly used to try to persuade his stars to get married young - and ensure they had a stable home life. He thought that working class lads, many miles from home, surrounded by adulation needed a "family" to support them, and pull them back from inevitable temptations.
From what Gordon Strachan has said, Fergie tried the same at Aberdeen. (Not appreciated by Strachan!!!!!!!!!!)

Unwarranted interference, or trying to protect their charges (maybe from themselves)???

Are Fergie's "agents run players lives" comments related? Has he (for once) got a point?

Stan Collymore says there are loads of players with similar problems who don't get the publicity.
Michael Rickets anyone????

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
... and he should have been sent-off whilst lying on the Wembley turf with his knee fecked in 1991.
Not saying it would have helped, but he should have been sent off and pilloried for that, instead he got endless sympathy. Playing for Rangers didn't help him either, as he got away with murder up there, sheltered by the protection that Rangers always get.

Ultimately, as Taylor seems to intimate, probably there is just nothing that could have helped, he is basically just too thick to know any better.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Fraid I'm with the "non-sympathetic" guys on this. Being a celebrity and having money is no excuse for behaving like a total idiot. They do it to themselves then, then shouldn't cry about it or expect sympathy when the bubble bursts.. Gazza has made a carreer of being in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. His choice. It's called life.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:39 pm

bw@bw wrote:In days gone by, Shankly used to try to persuade his stars to get married young - and ensure they had a stable home life. He thought that working class lads, many miles from home, surrounded by adulation needed a "family" to support them, and pull them back from inevitable temptations.
From what Gordon Strachan has said, Fergie tried the same at Aberdeen.
Rioch was the same at Bolton.

As for Gazza, it's been obvious for a while that the man has mental problems - as in psychological, not "I'm a nutter". I'd guess he needs some serious medication and he needs to take it, as opposed to thinking drinking will help. Be interesting to see if he's on an enforced 28-day lock-up, having been sectioned; that could help him dry out, but as soon as he walks through the gates he'll be surrounded by marketing for society's favourite drug.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

How come it's only the skillful players that get lauded as they drink themselves to death? What about Gary Charles? Remember him? The guy whose knee Gascoigne tried to turn inside out in the 91 cup final, yet in a moment of pure justice fecked his own up instead. Gary Charles is a former England international too, Gary Charles is now a hopeless alcoholic too, a hopeless alcoholic that's served 12 months for a public order offence whilst serving a suspended sentence whilst pissed.
Do I hear the likes of you apologists rallying round for the likes of Gary Charles? No. Maybe if he'd have twatted his Mrs a time or two then he might win your sort over, and of course, had he been a bit more skillful.
May I take this opportunity to unreservedly apologise for wishing him a speedy recovery.
Had I know before hand that it was not allowed then I wouldnt have done it.
I would now like to state that I hope he rots in Hell.

Happy Now ?????
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:02 pm

davroduk wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

May I take this opportunity to unreservedly apologise for wishing him a speedy recovery.

Happy Now ?????
Bit harsh davro :mrgreen:

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:15 pm

I would have wished a speedy recovery to any ex player in this position, not Just Gazza.
Had it been Gary Charles, then I would have wished him the same.
Its what "My Sort" do.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:17 pm

davroduk wrote:

Happy Now ?????
I wasn't having a go at you personally, Davro (despite how it reads, sorry). What I'm saying is that there's this culture of wishing great players a full recovery and damn the rest. For me, the minutes applause for George Best (in which I selected the option to keep my hands in my pockets) was nothing short of a national embarrassment.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
davroduk wrote:

Happy Now ?????
I wasn't having a go at you personally, Davro. What I'm saying is that there's this culture of wishing great players a full recovery and damn the rest. For me, the minutes applause for George Best (in which I selected the option to keep my hands in my pockets) was nothing short of a national embarrassment.
No Offence taken. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS