Rooney as England Captain

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Rooney as England Captain

Post by Batman » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Fabio Capello has identified Wayne Rooney as an England captain of the future and believes the Manchester United star will become an even better player.

Rooney is being strongly tipped to be given his chance in the role by Capello as part of his policy of rotating the armband before naming a permanent skipper ahead of next season's World Cup qualifiers.

Capello would not confirm who would lead the team out in next month's friendly with the United States at Wembley but has no doubt Rooney could one day be ideal for the coveted position.

Holy shit, what is the world coming to?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Capello out!
Businesswoman of the year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 pm

to be fair i could see it in 4 or 5 years

rather him than any of the following:
john terry
frank lampard
cashley cole
rio druggy
paul robinson (!!!)

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:06 am

Why not Rooney?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:18 am

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Why not Rooney?
"fxck off ref, you fxcking cxnt, your a fxcking arsehole, you fxcker."

"What are you fxcking talking about linesman, you fxcking twxt; fxcking cxnt"

'Oh well done ref, you fxcking cxnt, here, let me clap in your face, you fxcking wxnker!"

Pick any of the above.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Rooney as England Captain

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 am

Batman wrote: Holy shit, what is the world coming to?
The same it came to when he let a coke head captain England last game :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:23 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:

'Oh well done ref, you fxcking cxnt, here, let me clap in your face, you fxcking wxnker!"

Pick any of the above.
Are England captains not allowed to swear, or do they have to 'set an example to the kids'

If he's as influencial as everbody says and his talent is unquestionable then why not (in the future)?

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 am

Makes a mockery of this respect thing the FA keep going on about :)

First Sven hands caps out left and right cheapening the status of a cap now this!! What next take it in turns as manager?

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 am

I would usually think having a modicum of intelligence is a good starting point for captain, that said, Ferdinand seems to manage fine, so why not I suppose.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:45 am

boltonboris wrote:

Pick any of the above.
Are England captains not allowed to swear, or do they have to 'set an example to the kids'
If he's as influencial as everbody says and his talent is unquestionable then why not (in the future)?
Yes, the captain of England SHOULD set an example.

Rooney is undoubtedly talented, but a lot of Bolton fans felt that Jay-Jay lost something when he became captain of Bolton. Rooney needs guidance, not to guide.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:48 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Pick any of the above.

Rooney is undoubtedly talented, but a lot of Bolton fans felt that Jay-Jay lost something when he became captain of Bolton. Rooney needs guidance, not to guide.
Swollocks, He's a footballer not a feckin UN ambassador - If a 12 year old kid swears at the ref, who's to blame? feckin Rooney? nah, the kid himself or his parents for that matter.

If he can bring success to the National side, it doesn't matter what comes out of his gob

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:52 am

boltonboris wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Pick any of the above.

Swollocks, He's a footballer not a feckin UN ambassador - If a 12 year old kid swears at the ref, who's to blame? feckin Rooney? nah, the kid himself or his parents for that matter.

If he can bring success to the National side, it doesn't matter what comes out of his gob
We'll have to agree to differ.

What I do wish is that whoever captains the England team can try and inspire them to play the way they do in the premiership week in week out as, Arsenal aside, there are a hell of a lot of english players in the Uefa Champions league Semi-finals; yet we aren't in the European Championships this Summer. :evil:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:00 am

That I'll agree with - I don't know if it's a lack of pride or too much pressure but it just doesn't work when they pull on the England shirt

Too many chiefs and all that?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:03 am

boltonboris wrote:That I'll agree with - I don't know if it's a lack of pride or too much pressure but it just doesn't work when they pull on the England shirt

Which pulls us back to the England captaincy. Pick one and a vice-captain, and stick with them!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:05 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:That I'll agree with - I don't know if it's a lack of pride or too much pressure but it just doesn't work when they pull on the England shirt

Which pulls us back to the England captaincy. Pick one and a vice-captain, and stick with them!
Terry(C) and Gerrard(VC) for me, Terry's (allegedly) a raving lunatic of a Racist and Gerrards (Not-Allegedly) a Cheat but they are both great skippers

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

boltonboris wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Pick any of the above.

All I've heard over the last two weeks, is how the referee's should be protected more. That they shouldn't have players yelling and screaming in their face, if they do they should be carded or sent off. Now we're going to put the worst culprit for it as our countries Captain?

That's like saying no-one is allowed to eat a piece of cheese, then putting a mouse there to guard it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:15 am

But that's because Premiership refs are shite and don't like to be held accountable for their shiteness, so all this "oooh - He's shouting at me" is just getting away from the fact that 9 times out of 10 - It's a bo**ocks decision that needs questioning.

I shout at refs and sometimes have a swear when I'm frustrated. when the refs calls me over I say "If your decision was right I wouldn't be arguing" that usually stumps them.

I'm all for a bit more 'respect' but to take away / prevent the captaincy of a player because he swears at a ref, is all wrong..

......In my opinion

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:16 am

boltonboris wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: "fxck off ref, you fxcking cxnt, your a fxcking arsehole, you fxcker."

Pick any of the above.

All I've heard over the last two weeks, is how the referee's should be protected more. That they shouldn't have players yelling and screaming in their face, if they do they should be carded or sent off. Now we're going to put the worst culprit for it as our countries Captain?

That's like saying no-one is allowed to eat a piece of cheese, then putting a mouse there to guard it.
That's a GOUD(A) analogy (E)DAM well made! :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:22 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote: Are England captains not allowed to swear, or do they have to 'set an example to the kids'

Grate response!!

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:28 am

boltonboris wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote: Yes, the captain of England SHOULD set an example.

Grate response!!
Yep, much Feta then mine.