UEFA Cup tonight

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 03, 2008 3:22 pm

fatshaft wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
Fatshaft is an avid follower of the Dons and his loathing of Rangers and to be fair to him, the Old Firm in general, is understandable, but i just can't for the life of me think why you would?
I'm treading very carefully here becasue we had a rather heated discussion with you about this many months ago.

But look at it another way, how much hatred do you reserve for your Guildford based Utd fans, or your Midlands Liverpool fans? The same is true, in fact arguably more so in Scotland, with coachloads from all over the country heading out of their towns and villages each week to watch the old firm. Not saying we don't hate the real Neds as well of course :wink:

Although in fairness it's the ones who've never set foot in Glasgow, never mind Celtic Park or Castle Greyskull that really winds everyone up, just as it is down here in England with the mass of glory hunters surrounding Man U/Liverpool & Chelsea. I work in Leamington with 3 "Liverpool" fans who could be supporting Coventry (all are from Cov), but yet these never been to Anfield lads spend many hours discussing "we" & "us" in regards to the red side of Merseyside.

I fecking hate that more than anything about football.

That said, good luck in the final, you'll be surprised to learn that I am torn between wanting Rangers to win or not. It would be an easy choice if I was still in Scotland, but I've been amazed at the scorn with which Scottish football is treated down here, so I'd love to see a Scottish European win to make the doubters think twice, or maybe I wouldn't? :?
Yes but the proper European Cup will of course be won by an English side :-) Feck - did I just say that about scum or Chelsea????

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat May 03, 2008 4:27 pm

fatshaft wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
Fatshaft is an avid follower of the Dons and his loathing of Rangers and to be fair to him, the Old Firm in general, is understandable, but i just can't for the life of me think why you would?
I'm treading very carefully here becasue we had a rather heated discussion with you about this many months ago.

But look at it another way, how much hatred do you reserve for your Guildford based Utd fans, or your Midlands Liverpool fans? The same is true, in fact arguably more so in Scotland, with coachloads from all over the country heading out of their towns and villages each week to watch the old firm. Not saying we don't hate the real Neds as well of course :wink:

Although in fairness it's the ones who've never set foot in Glasgow, never mind Celtic Park or Castle Greyskull that really winds everyone up, just as it is down here in England with the mass of glory hunters surrounding Man U/Liverpool & Chelsea. I work in Leamington with 3 "Liverpool" fans who could be supporting Coventry (all are from Cov), but yet these never been to Anfield lads spend many hours discussing "we" & "us" in regards to the red side of Merseyside.

I fecking hate that more than anything about football.

That said, good luck in the final, you'll be surprised to learn that I am torn between wanting Rangers to win or not. It would be an easy choice if I was still in Scotland, but I've been amazed at the scorn with which Scottish football is treated down here, so I'd love to see a Scottish European win to make the doubters think twice, or maybe I wouldn't? :?
Well i hate ALL man u fans wherever they're from :)

I do take your point on the 'colour wearers' who do so for whatever reason.

But as you have acknowledged (Ta) i DO go to Ibrox and support Rangers.

Your point re the derision of the English regarding Scottish football is bang on, Scotland have a very useful national team in the offing IMHO and with the youth systems and the SFA forcing teams to blood new Scottish talent (still don't understand that fully tbh) the future of Scottish football looks very healthy indeed.

I don't think you'll ever change the opinion of the lads who say the SPL is always a 2 horse race, but as you say a Scottish club in the shop window of a decent tournament can only be good for Scotland.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat May 03, 2008 4:28 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:Most football fans are just that and unfortunately the 50,000 who go to Ibrox and behave and support the team aren't the ones who make the headlines.
WhiteArmy wrote:We are recognisable by nature of usually being draped in a Union Flag with the words 'Bolton Loyal' emblazoned across it.
:?
What?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2008 6:17 pm

I seem to remember a few years ago when Celtic were in the UEFA final, they all turned up for the Rangers match wearing sombreros and carrying stuffed donkeys and beach balls because the final was in Seville. Funny as feck.

What's the Rangers fans going to wear to signify their trip to Manchester??

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 am

Kappa shellsuits, gold chains and Blurberry caps?? :?
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 05, 2008 11:08 am

Gertie wrote:Kappa shellsuits, gold chains and Blurberry caps?? :?

:lmfao: and a nice Sovereign to set it all off

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Good old fashioned umbrella

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Mon May 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I seem to remember a few years ago when Celtic were in the UEFA final, they all turned up for the Rangers match wearing sombreros and carrying stuffed donkeys and beach balls because the final was in Seville. Funny as feck.

More than likely they'll be wearing red, white and blue, singing Rule Britannia, God save the Queen and waving Union Flags, nothing could possibly wind the celtic fans up more than that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 05, 2008 11:45 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I seem to remember a few years ago when Celtic were in the UEFA final, they all turned up for the Rangers match wearing sombreros and carrying stuffed donkeys and beach balls because the final was in Seville. Funny as feck.

More than likely they'll be wearing red, white and blue, singing Rule Britannia, God save the Queen and waving Union Flags, nothing could possibly wind the celtic fans up more than that.
Thanks feck I'm from County Louth :-)