Evra in the thick of it AGAIN!!!!!!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Is Evra

a. Tosser
100%
b. Truly a misunderstood individual
No votes

Total votes: 16

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Evra in the thick of it AGAIN!!!!!!

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Relations between Manchester United and Chelsea have dramatically deteriorated after it was alleged that Saturday's post-match bust-up at Stamford Bridge was incited by racist abuse of Patrice Evra.
Since when as "Oi, Evra, move to the other side of the pitch, yar big softarse girl blouse" been racist?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:47 pm

ManYoo's media people are very good, note that everytime they have an incident (Ronaldo, Jonny Evans) It's almost forgotten about in a couple of days - I won't be surprised if the race card is used to just get this swept under the carpet and have it brushed aside, rather than going to FA hearings and the like, it'll be a case of 'we can't prove it, but Chelsea can't disprove it'
The FA won't want to be handing out fines and bans if there is a possibility a player involved has been racially abused.

However, if this claim is true - Chelsea need dealing with big time, Money won't effect them... Points will

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:58 pm

boltonboris wrote:ManYoo's media people are very good, note that everytime they have an incident (Ronaldo, Jonny Evans) It's almost forgotten about in a couple of days - I won't be surprised if the race card is used to just get this swept under the carpet and have it brushed aside, rather than going to FA hearings and the like, it'll be a case of 'we can't prove it, but Chelsea can't disprove it'
The FA won't want to be handing out fines and bans if there is a possibility a player involved has been racially abused.

However, if this claim is true - Chelsea need dealing with big time, Money won't effect them... Points will
I think your first paragraph will be closer to the truth.

United get away with an awful lot, I don't see how this time will be any different. The3n again, if it had been the Wanderers, I'm not sure it would've even made the news.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Chelsea have reacted angrily to accusations of racism. United playing that card is different to hoping it goes away (rape claims etc), which has worked out for them in the past.