Sammy Lee - Liverpool's No.2

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Sammy Lee - Liverpool's No.2

Post by cal » Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

According to the Daily Mail, Sammy Lee is the leading contester for the title. Good to know he's back in work but also good to know not for Bolton.

Hopefully he will do well there if appointed - he's a good bloke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun May 11, 2008 6:11 pm

I agree, I'm sure he'll see it as a possitve :D

But I'm still gonna move it to 'Other Football'

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Sammy Lee - Liverpool's No.2

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 11, 2008 6:12 pm

cal wrote:According to the Daily Mail, Sammy Lee is the leading contester for the title. Good to know he's back in work but also good to know not for Bolton.

I've got a message for you Sammy Lee ... just look at what Megson did in the past few weeks & dream-on, you useless lump of shite !!

There ... is that straightforward enough ??

"Hope he does well ..." indeed !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sammy Lee - Liverpool's No.2

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 11, 2008 6:18 pm

cal wrote:According to the Daily Mail, Sammy Lee is the leading contester for the title. Good to know he's back in work but also good to know not for Bolton.

They are welcome to him. Nearly ripped our club to pieces.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 pm

See, now I've time for Sammy Lee as a man. He used to drink in our local and a nicer man you couldn't wish to meet.

Sh*te football manager mind, but a decent bloke (I'm sure I'd say the same of a certain Ginger one if I met him...)
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:See, now I've time for Sammy Lee as a man. He used to drink in our local and a nicer man you couldn't wish to meet.

Sh*te football manager mind, but a decent bloke (I'm sure I'd say the same of a certain Ginger one if I met him...)
I'm sure Lee's a nice bloke.

But what he nearly did to BWFC was unforgiveable. Then he's sat around on his arse trying to get paid by the club for doing nowt and now apparently has agreed a settlement.

Christ, Megson is a million billion triliion times better than Lee, who I don't have any time for!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun May 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Seems a bit premature, are we even sure than Benitez will be around next season? He shouldn't be. He's crap.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun May 11, 2008 7:55 pm

first thing i noted when i read this is that it came out 1 year on from him being officially appointed.

so we've been paying that c*nt since October

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun May 11, 2008 8:48 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Seems a bit premature, are we even sure than Benitez will be around next season? He shouldn't be. He's crap.
Benitez is a prick, of course. I've got a feeling that there's a thread along those lines somewhere on this site. 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 11, 2008 8:53 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:first thing i noted when i read this is that it came out 1 year on from him being officially appointed.

Those of us that are of a certain vintage remember Sammy Lee first coming to us from Liverpool as a player, signed by his old mucker Phil Neal. He came, played about a half a dozen games for us, got injured, saw the remainder of his contract out without ever kicking another ball for us, then promptly fecked off back to Anfield to take up a coaching position after we'd had him on wages for all that time. As such, and I take LK's point about him probably being a decent bloke to chew the footie fat with over a pint of Timmy Taylor's and a pickled egg, I have the guy down as an absolute c*nt for every minute that he's ever been associated with our football club.
May the bridges I burn light your way

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun May 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:first thing i noted when i read this is that it came out 1 year on from him being officially appointed.

Those of us that are of a certain vintage remember Sammy Lee first coming to us from Liverpool as a player, signed by his old mucker Phil Neal. He came, played about a half a dozen games for us, got injured, saw the remainder of his contract out without ever kicking another ball for us, then promptly fecked off back to Anfield to take up a coaching position after we'd had him on wages for all that time. As such, and I take LK's point about him probably being a decent bloke to chew the footie fat with over a pint of Timmy Taylor's and a pickled egg, I have the guy down as an absolute c*nt for every minute that he's ever been associated with our football club.
That'll do for me. Hope he does a similar job at Liverpool that he's been able to at Bolton.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Aye I remember that. Sad to say that for me, in terms of his time at Bolton, Sammy Lee is an absolute wanker!

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Shudder...I can still hear that whiney 'I was pleased with the commitment' :whack:

Very nearly sent this club into obscurity. Shocking manager, good riddance.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

That story is the first thing my old man said to me when it Sammy Lee joined as assistant, and he was always against him being appointed manager.

He does get it right once in a while...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed May 14, 2008 9:28 am

Having had time to laugh at this now, just thinking this guy better get some major stick when he appears at the Reebok next season. :evil:

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed May 14, 2008 9:52 am

I'm suprised at how much hate gets thrown at Sammy Lee.

What had he ever done to prove he was ever going to be good enough to make the step up to no1? It was Gartside who appointed him, Lee did the job the best he could but was sadly not good enough.

Who here thought Gartside was right to appoint him manager so quickly instead of searching for someone else?

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Wed May 14, 2008 3:50 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 pm

FD wrote:I'm suprised at how much hate gets thrown at Sammy Lee.

What had he ever done to prove he was ever going to be good enough to make the step up to no1? It was Gartside who appointed him, Lee did the job the best he could but was sadly not good enough.

Who here thought Gartside was right to appoint him manager so quickly instead of searching for someone else?
Day before Lee is appointed......

Gartside "So Sammy you'll keep things pretty much as they are but try to play a bit better football?"

Sammy Lee "Yes Phil I'll be sure we are positive and that we take the positives out of every situation"

Gartside "Ok so that sounds good, we'll not change much but gradually improve our football"

Lee "Yes, we'll be positive and take the positives"

Gartside "Ermm enough with the positives what about the staff?"

Lee "I'm sure they'll take the positives as well"

Gartside "Ok well we'll keep continuity and also perhaps bring some fans back who crave some passing football, jobs yours"

2 Days Later (After the unveiling press conference)

Lee "Phil the staff aren't positive enough I'm sacking em all and bringing in my mates"

Gartside "Ummm is that wise? The backroom have been good for us"

Lee "I want my own staff, lets sack this lot and see if they take the positives in their P45"

Gartside "I suppose you are your own man and I have to back you"

Lee "Yes my positive plan is working"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed May 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Not really - says expected and imminent etc.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed May 14, 2008 4:10 pm

How much did Megson get to spend in January?

Compare it with how much Sammy Lee spent pre-season.

I'm sure we'll be expected to believe it was Sammy's choice to take in waifs and strays though.