New Firm to decide SPL Title destination

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

White Army
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by White Army » Fri May 23, 2008 10:58 pm

officer_dibble wrote:if you are referring to me i didnt accuse anyone of bigotry

read it again if you like

the whole bigotry/sectarianism milarky isn't an issue for me at all

i dont care abou rangers/celtic

just when a few thousand or so idiots wreck a city in this country, ganging up on people going about their work, trying to do their job, hunting in packs and putting the boot in i happen to think its sort of just desserts when they lose out on a couple of competitions...

I'm sure rangers have some decent fans and i'd have no qualms having a beer with a lot of em

just a bit sour about the others actions, like most i would imagine

so c'mon queen of the south
I didn't accuse you of bigotry, i referred to your point about them wrecking our country and seeing as we all make up the uk or British Isles as was, i was pointing out that it's their country as well.

As opposed to Eire, which isn't, whose flag is flown at Septic Park.

As someone once famously said, "Where in Ireland, is Glasgow?"
Halliwell Mile done 228 times.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 24, 2008 12:28 am

well thats fair enough then :grin:

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sat May 24, 2008 9:20 am

White Army wrote:
I challenge every single one of you to go to Ibrox and not feel welcomed by the supporters up there, whilst the rest of Scotland continues headlong into independence, Rangers fans welcome the union of the Unted kingdom and Northern Ireland, which incidentally Dibbs is their country as well, or do we define areas now down to the street you live in?
Ibrox is the most unwelcoming hate pit in the UK, and without having been everywhere by any means I doubt that I am wrong there.

As for Unionism, it's just another reason Rangers are so despised. Enlgand and Scotland are different countries, and the only reason Rangers are so pro-union is nothing to do with a desire for unionism, it's simply because the Scottish throne was last in the hands of a Catholic King, whereas the protestant Scots aligned themselves with the "Hun".

(btw I am nominally Protestant, although in practice I have no time for religion full stop, before you throw a "papist" reference my way too)

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat May 24, 2008 5:36 pm

fatshaft wrote:
White Army wrote:I challenge every single one of you to go to Ibrox and not feel welcomed by the supporters up there, whilst the rest of Scotland continues headlong into independence, Rangers fans welcome the union of the Unted kingdom and Northern Ireland, which incidentally Dibbs is their country as well, or do we define areas now down to the street you live in?
Ibrox is the most unwelcoming hate pit in the UK, and without having been everywhere by any means I doubt that I am wrong there.

As for Unionism, it's just another reason Rangers are so despised. Enlgand and Scotland are different countries, and the only reason Rangers are so pro-union is nothing to do with a desire for unionism, it's simply because the Scottish throne was last in the hands of a Catholic King, whereas the protestant Scots aligned themselves with the "Hun".

(btw I am nominally Protestant, although in practice I have no time for religion full stop, before you throw a "papist" reference my way too)
What he said. Even the coppers are truly hate-filled at Castle Greyskull.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

qwertywarrior
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by qwertywarrior » Sat May 24, 2008 11:40 pm

can't stand either

first question in glasgow who do you support, when i said bolton they laughed and said no rangers or celtic, i said none and then got a kicking

would rather them both be closed down for institutionalised bigotry

then we could start with northern ireland

after all there is only one god

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 pm

qwertywarrior wrote:after all there is only one god
Yup.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Tue May 27, 2008 9:43 am

qwertywarrior wrote:can't stand either

first question in glasgow who do you support, when i said bolton they laughed and said no rangers or celtic, i said none and then got a kicking

would rather them both be closed down for institutionalised bigotry

then we could start with northern ireland

after all there is only one god
Hinduism, anyone?

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 am

fatshaft wrote:
White Army wrote:
I challenge every single one of you to go to Ibrox and not feel welcomed by the supporters up there, whilst the rest of Scotland continues headlong into independence, Rangers fans welcome the union of the Unted kingdom and Northern Ireland, which incidentally Dibbs is their country as well, or do we define areas now down to the street you live in?

Well i'd doubt you were wrong because i'm a Rangers fan and it has never seemed unwelcoming to me.

As for hate pit? The main reason Rangers fans hate Aberdeen with such venom is they are they only support that continue to taunt Rangers about the Ibrox disaster and revel in the fact that an Aberdeen player was the one who nearly finished Ian Durrant's career.

Hun as you have correctly stated is a reference to the Rangers support being pro-monarchy, although you inferred it would be an historic association and not a modern one, which it definitely is.

The Papist reference was slightly tongue in cheek as HP said things couldn't have gone better? because Rangers had lost and Bolton had stayed up, 'yanks sticking up for the Papists' referred to American support for terrorists, who used the money to buy weapons that killed British soldiers.

Hope we're all clear now.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue May 27, 2008 10:05 am

WhiteArmy wrote:
Hinduism, anyone?
Not a chance, was at a Hindu Wedding on Sunday and my word it drags, enough to put me off converting anyhow.

I thought Catholic weddings were long winded affairs, but after the 5th hour sat there wondering what was going on I'll go for a catholic one!

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Tue May 27, 2008 10:21 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
Hinduism, anyone?
Not a chance, was at a Hindu Wedding on Sunday and my word it drags, enough to put me off converting anyhow.

I thought Catholic weddings were long winded affairs, but after the 5th hour sat there wondering what was going on I'll go for a catholic one!
Never been to a Hindu wedding DLH, been to a couple of Muslim ones though, great food but no ale :(

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue May 27, 2008 1:04 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
Hinduism, anyone?

Never been to a Hindu wedding DLH, been to a couple of Muslim ones though, great food but no ale :(
I'm going to a Civil Partnership (Gay) ceremony this week. Should be interesting! :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 27, 2008 1:09 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:I'm going to a Civil Partnership (Gay) ceremony this week. Should be interesting! :mrgreen:
Do they say "With this ringpiece, I thee wed"? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue May 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:I'm going to a Civil Partnership (Gay) ceremony this week. Should be interesting! :mrgreen:
Do they say "With this ringpiece, I thee wed"? :conf:
They're women. So no. :twisted:

Although, apparently, gay men invite random people from the phone book so they can widen the circle of their friends. :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue May 27, 2008 8:40 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
Well i'd doubt you were wrong because i'm a Rangers fan and it has never seemed unwelcoming to me.

As for hate pit? The main reason Rangers fans hate Aberdeen with such venom is they are they only support that continue to taunt Rangers about the Ibrox disaster and revel in the fact that an Aberdeen player was the one who nearly finished Ian Durrant's career.
Aye, no doubt different if you're there as the home team.

As for the disaster song, it's never sung - ever, and no-one in a red shirt can fathom why this myth seems to abound time and again. Which song are you confusing it with? As for the Durrant song, I've swung this way and that on the issue, at the end of the day, we're having a go at one of your most hated players, I don't see it as an issue.