That boy Ronaldo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

That boy Ronaldo

Post by marshall_42 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Lots of rumours of him imminent departure for sunnier climes. Would it bother you? There is no doubt he is the most talented player in the EPL (Kevin Davies excepted), but he does play for the scum.

Where do you stand? Good riddance or a loss to the Prem if los Meringues get him? I can't decide.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu May 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Loss for the prem for me. He may be an arrogant shite who plays for Man Utd but he is the best footballer in the world.

Much the same way as an Arsenal friend of mine felt when he came with me to a game at the Reebok and said "I just wanna see Okocha play" I think it's just good to be able to see him play week in week out.

I wouldn't blame him for going though, he could win medals all over the world and having won the big two in this country I don't see why he wouldn't fancy the next big on in Spain, then elsewhere and so on...
Last edited by FD on Thu May 29, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu May 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Good riddance. Anything that makes it easier for us to get points will do for me.

White Army
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by White Army » Thu May 29, 2008 7:51 pm

T'raa to the cheating Portuguese tw@. I'll never forgive the c*nt for what he did against England, if i'd have been Rooney, that little shite would have had a permanent wink.
Halliwell Mile done 228 times.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu May 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Yep. Fook him.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Yes, let's rid our league of pure brilliance, ship it off to Spain and Italy so that we can get more Gary Dohertys' in. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Yes, let's rid our league of pure brilliance, ship it off to Spain and Italy so that we can get more Gary Dohertys' in. :roll:
Sepp Blatter? Is that you?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu May 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Off you go soft lad, i wont miss the arrogant portugese cant

NWhiteley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NWhiteley » Thu May 29, 2008 9:10 pm

I think if Ronaldo does leave for Spain it would be a double edged sword for most of us.

On one hand, the Prem would be losing arguably the worlds best player, but then again it is UTD that would fell the biggest loss.
And on the other, UTD will no doubt get a world record transfer fee, and would then be able to go and buy pretty much who they wanted, which could inflate the market, just as it did when Abramovic took over at Chelski.

White Army
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by White Army » Thu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

NWhiteley wrote:I think if Ronaldo does leave for Spain it would be a double edged sword for most of us.

On one hand, the Prem would be losing arguably the worlds best player, but then again it is UTD that would fell the biggest loss.
And on the other, UTD will no doubt get a world record transfer fee, and would then be able to go and buy pretty much who they wanted, which could inflate the market, just as it did when Abramovic took over at Chelski.
They 'pretty much' have done that for years now mate. Chelski's millions have done the scum a favour in all honesty, they tried to buy the title for years before Abramovich turned up.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

NWhiteley wrote:I think if Ronaldo does leave for Spain it would be a double edged sword for most of us.

Utd wouldnt have won feck all without him this season IMHO.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Yes, let's rid our league of pure brilliance, ship it off to Spain and Italy so that we can get more Gary Dohertys' in. :roll:
Sepp Blatter? Is that you?
That is you trying to understand sarcasm, right? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu May 29, 2008 9:50 pm

Best player in the world by a mile. I don't see his supposed nice person like qualities, just an exceptional player who we should be pleased is gracing our league.

And who gives a feck about the England incident? Rooney deserved to get sent off and we plainly weren't good enough anyway. If an England player had done what Ronaldo did to an ACTUAL nice person like Rooney we'd be lauding him.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu May 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Daxter wrote:Best player in the world by a mile. I don't see his supposed tw*t like qualities, just an exceptional player who we should be pleased is gracing our league.
Yeah I find it dead pleasing to see some greasy, smug b'stard knock two or three goals past us.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 29, 2008 10:09 pm

I bet he's sitting there, in his humble whitewashed room, all crestfallen and sad about what people think about him or who he chooses to play for.

Or maybe he's off to a top hotel in his Ferrari sports car to wine and dine and leave fifty-pound tips while he thinks about where to go on holiday after he's played for his country in the European Championship. Who'd be a nineteen-year-old Ronaldo? Must be bloody awful. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

White Army
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by White Army » Thu May 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Daxter wrote:Best player in the world by a mile. I don't see his supposed tw*t like qualities, just an exceptional player who we should be pleased is gracing our league.

And who gives a feck about the England incident? Rooney deserved to get sent off and we plainly weren't good enough anyway. If an England player had done what Ronaldo did to an ACTUAL tw*t like Rooney we'd be lauding him.
Sorry Dax, can't agree with you on that, Maradona was arguably the best footballer i've seen in my lifetime, but he's still a cheating little tw@, who, if he had 'graced' our league after he'd shat on us in the WC i would have hoped he'd never have been given the chance to settle here.

I will always give a f*ck about people cheating my country at anything. Same goes for that other cheating b*stard Simeone.

Makes me laugh sometimes, we have had Dioufty vilified for gobbing on a bloke (which was disgusting i admit) but we'll forgive any w*nkstain arsehole who cheats a whole nation out of the chance of glory because 'he's the best player in the world'. Please don't hold it against me if i don't join in the forgivestival thanks.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 am

White Army wrote:

And who gives a feck about the England incident? Rooney deserved to get sent off and we plainly weren't good enough anyway. If an England player had done what Ronaldo did to an ACTUAL tw*t like Rooney we'd be lauding him.
Sorry Dax, can't agree with you on that, Maradona was arguably the best footballer i've seen in my lifetime, but he's still a cheating little tw@, who, if he had 'graced' our league after he'd shat on us in the WC i would have hoped he'd never have been given the chance to settle here.

I will always give a f*ck about people cheating my country at anything. Same goes for that other cheating b*stard Simeone.

Makes me laugh sometimes, we have had Dioufty vilified for gobbing on a bloke (which was disgusting i admit) but we'll forgive any w*nkstain arsehole who cheats a whole nation out of the chance of glory because 'he's the best player in the world'. Please don't hold it against me if i don't join in the forgivestival thanks.
Forget the country bit mate BWFC is all that matters and TBH I find the moronish worship of Diouf a little hard to take and he's one of ours!!!!!

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 am

hoboh2o wrote:
White Army wrote:

Forget the country bit mate BWFC is all that matters and TBH I find the moronish worship of Diouf a little hard to take and he's one of ours!!!!!
Wasn't moronic worship Hobo, it was an example of how we react differently. Diouf has been hated for his gobbing thing by every fan in the country, but these self same fans will let cheating c*nts off the hook. As for the English thing, you're right Bolton do come first, but my national team will always be a very close second.

Patriotism, i think it used to be called before the PC brigade put their spin on it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 am

I'd be glad to see the arse end of him heading out through customs on the way to Spain, if only because it would piss off so many Utd fans...

As for him "gracing the EPL", I'm not against that - just who he's gracing it with....

In the words of the immortal Roy "Chubby" Brown.

He's a cnut, he's a cnut, he's a C-U-N-T, Cnut.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 am

WhiteArmy wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
White Army wrote:

Wasn't moronic worship Hobo, it was an example of how we react differently. Diouf has been hated for his gobbing thing by every fan in the country, but these self same fans will let cheating c*nts off the hook. As for the English thing, you're right Bolton do come first, but my national team will always be a very close second.

Patriotism, i think it used to be called before the PC brigade put their spin on it.
The problem is white army, England is no longer the country worthy of us being patriots with all the immigrants along with the resultant spawn of 30 years of woolly libral attitudes, we are heading into the biggist sh*thole you can imagine! Fast!
My point about Diouf, he is, lets be honest a cheat on the field just like errr pretty boy but he happens to play for us.