Leigh RMI are no more...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

youngmc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youngmc » Sun May 03, 2009 11:07 pm

F A Cup Matt what else ! lets see it on tv the railway men against the canal men, or coal men or centruions or what ever they are called these day's
CHOO CHOO CHOOCHOO TRAIN!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun May 03, 2009 11:43 pm

youngmc wrote:F A Cup Matt what else ! lets see it on tv the railway men against the canal men, or coal men or centruions or what ever they are called these day's
Do Horwich fulfill the criteria to enter the FA Cup? Floodlights, senior league membership etc etc?

I've never 'slagged off' Horwich btw mate - to be perfectly honest, I was too young to know the politics behind the situation when it occured, and was simply a kid who was chuffed to have a football club in his own town at long last; by the time I knew how everything came about, I'd caught the bug.

Not sure what the craic is with the Grundy Hill money, but I know £1m was ringfenced of any money from the sale of Hilton Park to pay off the club's debts. Problem was, that was always relied upon without trying to break out of the cycle, hence our recent fall from grace. The tide is definitely turning though, I feel.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

youngmc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youngmc » Mon May 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Had a few beers last night Matt and came across a bit strong! was only messing about fella. Hope both teams do well in the future.
CHOO CHOO CHOOCHOO TRAIN!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 pm

youngmc wrote:Had a few beers last night Matt and came across a bit strong! was only messing about fella. Hope both teams do well in the future.
No bother mate, I genuinely wish them (and all the local non league sides) well.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight