Cheap football shirts website

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Is there any way of telling that they are fake other than the price?

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:02 pm

Not so long back, some thai fakers were selling replica Umbro 1978/79 Wanderers shirts with the diamonds down the sleeves, on ebay.
Folk were bidding silly money for them.
Wonder if they're still knocking em out?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:37 am

Good grief - I've got one of those (though I think it came from the club shop). What sort of silly prices? It's the venal half of my brain talking here, I'm not normally like that doncha know?

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:04 am

Luna wrote:Is there any way of telling that they are fake other than the price?
Not really. The stitching of the Nike tick on my Portugal shirt could be seen to be a bit shoddy but only if you really look carefully and know what you are looking for. At the end of the day, it's £7!! You shouldn't be complaining if you paid for one. You get what you pay for right?
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:06 am

Dujon wrote:Good grief - I've got one of those (though I think it came from the club shop). What sort of silly prices? It's the venal half of my brain talking here, I'm not normally like that doncha know?
The ones the club shop sell don't have the umbro diamonds on the sleeves or the umbro logo on the chest, the fake thai ones do.

I was bidding on an xtra large and stopped when the bidding got to 40 odd quid with about 3 days left to go.

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:
Not really. The stitching of the Nike tick on my Portugal shirt could be seen to be a bit shoddy but only if you really look carefully and know what you are looking for. At the end of the day, it's £7!! You shouldn't be complaining if you paid for one. You get what you pay for right?
Nice one. I assume you got Vaz Te on your Portugal shirt? :wink:

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Luna wrote:
MichaelJohn12 wrote:
Dare I say who I got?? :roll:
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:45 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:
Luna wrote:
MichaelJohn12 wrote:
If its's CRon, thats a two week ban!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Anyone else ordered one? Just ordered a United shirt for my mate's birthday!
Last edited by BWFC_Wyles on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Prufrock wrote:
MichaelJohn12 wrote:
Luna wrote:
MichaelJohn12 wrote:
If its's CRon, thats a two week ban!
Then it's not :wink:

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:11 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:Anyone else ordered one? Just ordered a United shirt for my mate's birthday!

take a picture of it and post it when it arrives so we can check on the quality

my Inter Milan and Messi Barcelona one is on the way

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I shall do!! I'll take a pic of my Portugal shirt tonight and post that tomorrow!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:22 am

we're waiting

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Yeah.....I totally forgot! I'll do it this weekend I promise :D

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:00 pm

I used BestWay4U to get a Nigeria shirt (Okocha 10 on the back, naturally) and the new Scotland shirt - both absolutely stirling for a total outlay of £30 but unfortunately they're too small for me so I've given them away to those more needy (and slimmer) than myself.

On a non-fake note, Sports Direct are selling last season's home and away shirts for a tenner each - I know that the Middlebrook Sports Direct and the club shop haven't got any of last season's stock so it's took a while for me to finally track one down!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:22 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:Yeah.....I totally forgot! I'll do it this weekend I promise :D
We're still waiting... :)

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:15 am

Daxter wrote:
MichaelJohn12 wrote:Yeah.....I totally forgot! I'll do it this weekend I promise :D
We're still waiting... :)
I really shouldnt have offered to do that! I just keep forgetting :(

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:09 pm

If anyone manages to find anywhere selling last seasons shirts cheap in reasonable sizes and not just XXS and XXL, could you post the link? Cheers.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Luna wrote:If anyone manages to find anywhere selling last seasons shirts cheap in reasonable sizes and not just XXS and XXL, could you post the link? Cheers.
I've literally been searching for weeks, and this was the best I could find. Sorry about the limited sizes (mine arrived from Sports Direct this morning in XL) but last season's shirt might become a rare one in years to come as even the likes of JJB and Kitbag have got no stock left. They must have all seen the tip off about the new shirt on here last January :wink:
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Luna wrote:If anyone manages to find anywhere selling last seasons shirts cheap in reasonable sizes and not just XXS and XXL, could you post the link? Cheers.
I've literally been searching for weeks, and this was the best I could find. Sorry about the limited sizes (mine arrived from Sports Direct this morning in XL) but last season's shirt might become a rare one in years to come as even the likes of JJB and Kitbag have got no stock left. They must have all seen the tip off about the new shirt on here last January :wink:
Aye, I've been looking for a while to. The official site had them (still got them up but you can't actually select them) for £10, I reckon I missed out by a couple of minutes, I selected everything like size etc then went to get my card. By the time I got back they had removed the options to select sizes. Gutted.