Ashley Cole

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Do you think the way England fans treated Ashley Cole was fair??

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 39

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Ashley Cole

Post by eddybwfc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:34 pm

I really feel for this guy, i mean, hes probably the best left back in the world and he has made a silly mistake...

Infront of 90,000 fans, imagine just how he felt after kazakstan scored, never mind being booed every time he got the ball... It would be a different story if it was rooney, or gerrard who did it, he plays for england and he is getting booed at his home stadium...

Even when we were winning 4-1 he was getting booed...

Dont think he got the ball at 5-1.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:56 pm

I think it shows two things, two things we already knew.

1. Club > Country.

2. Football fans = C**ts.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 pm

FD wrote:I think it shows two things, two things we already knew.

1. Club > Country.

2. Football fans = C**ts.
I'd say that that's very much the top and bottom of it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:37 pm

because cole hasn't brought any abuse on himself has he? He wouldn't be the epitome of what's bad in the game, for example?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:40 pm

communistworkethic wrote:because cole hasn't brought any abuse on himself has he? He wouldn't be the epitome of what's bad in the game, for example?
This.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:43 pm

I really don't like Ashley Cole... really really don't like him. However, to boo him for a mistake seems a bit out of order to me. If he'd thrown a hissy fit on the pitch or had consistently sulked around the pitch scowling at the fans... fair enough, boo away... however... he was one of 11 who couldn't pass the ball straight yesterday.
Viva La Portable Radio!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Totally wrong to boo anyone wearing an England shirt for what was obviously a mistake. The fans should be backing him, despite their local club connections. He is the best English left-back around - by a considerable margin.

Best left-back in the world? My arse!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:17 pm

He's a cocky little gobshite

I wouldn't shed a tear if he never played again
Sto ut Serviam

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eddybwfc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:44 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:He's a cocky little gobshite

I wouldn't shed a tear if he never played again
i think jose mourinho is an arrogant ans cocky thing, but i wouldnt mind him managing bolton...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:14 pm

Someone was asking the FA's Director of Communications on one of the sports news channels this morning if - in total seriousness - the FA or the police could step in to stop fans booing. Have we really become so pissyspined that we're calling for the ban on booing because someone gets abuse for cocking up? It was harsh, but I'm not going to get all sanctimonious and give it the gnashing of teeth to people who did boo. So what if they're football's equivalentof plankton? Ignore it, move on, prove them wrong, tell them to stick their booing up their arses when you do all the right things.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:17 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Someone was asking the FA's Director of Communications on one of the sports news channels this morning if - in total seriousness - the FA or the police could step in to stop fans booing. Have we really become so pissyspined that we're calling for the ban on booing because someone gets abuse for cocking up? It was harsh, but I'm not going to get all sanctimonious and give it the gnashing of teeth to people who did boo. So what if they're football's equivalentof plankton? Ignore it, move on, prove them wrong, tell them to stick their booing up their arses when you do all the right things.
Totally agree.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:25 pm

boo the fecker if you want, you pay your money you get your choice.

For me not booing is just another example of this shit attitude like with kids where they don't have competitiive games and they should only be winners and all should get pass grades. Oooh you have to support them, it all has to be positive reinforcement, you can't criticise the the poor mites. Maybe some kids are, fair enough. But when you're a grown man earning £90k+ per week you should expect criticism, when you're a wanker about it too you should expect to get even more.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:29 pm

The fact that some fans were continually booing their own player, when the side won 5-1 in a World Cup match, gives a pretty fair mentality rating.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:08 pm

communistworkethic wrote:boo the fecker if you want, you pay your money you get your choice.

For me not booing is just another example of this shit attitude like with kids where they don't have competitiive games and they should only be winners and all should get pass grades. Oooh you have to support them, it all has to be positive reinforcement, you can't criticise the the poor mites. Maybe some kids are, fair enough. But when you're a grown man earning £90k+ per week you should expect criticism, when you're a wanker about it too you should expect to get even more.
Corporate hospitality feckers more like. I cant understand the mentality of "fans" paying money to watch an international and then booing their own players. Fair enough at club level when you go week in week out. If you dont like whos picked' dont go.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 pm

yeah because you go because of the individuals don't you?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 pm

communistworkethic wrote:because cole hasn't brought any abuse on himself has he? He wouldn't be the epitome of what's bad in the game, for example?
Absolutely.

The fans booed him because, depite his braggart ways, despite his utter & total arrogance, despite him beinga prick of Benitez magnitude he still goes out there & makes a cock of it.

There's, rightly, a general feeling of antipathy toward him.

He gets no sympathy because he deserves none.

THAT's why the fans booed him at the first opportunity.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:06 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:Corporate hospitality feckers more like.
Hasn't it occurred to you that people that attend games as a guest are usually football fans too? So, if I get down to Fulham under my own steam I somehow become somewhat less of a supporter when I get invited to O/T a few weeks later? Sorry, I don't get this. :conf:
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:16 pm

He's English.

I'm English.

He plays for England.

I support England. He might be a c**t but whilst he's wearing an England shirt I'll back him and the rest of the overpaid team.

Did you boo Diouf every time he played for us?

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eddybwfc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:25 pm

FD wrote:
He's English.

I'm English.

He plays for England.

I support England. He might be a c**t but whilst he's wearing an England shirt I'll back him and the rest of the overpaid team.

i agree, i will never boo a player wearing an england shirt, (as long as ronaldo dosent become and english citizen)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:33 pm

FD wrote:
He's English.

I'm English.

He plays for England.

my reaction to Diouf has fukc all to do with it. Cole's an overpaid cnut who got booed for fukcing up. My heart fecking bleeds for him, I bet he cried all the way back to his £3million Hertfordshire mansion.