What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

Post by blurred » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:57 am

Ok, I know it won't last, but it's a good start to a Monday morning :)

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:26 am

blurred wrote:Ok, I know it won't last, but it's a good start to a Monday morning :)
There is a thread already. You know, the one where everyone agrees that Benitez is a prick. :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 pm

When do you play Hull?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:When do you play Hull?
Home in mid-December, away not until March or April or something.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:32 pm

It'll all come crashing down soon.

I hope. :?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Fair play, yesterday was a big result for you in many ways. It shows you've come on a bit.

I think I've said on here elsewhere and continue to say it. If you guys want to win the league, I think personally, you'll have to make a cup sacrifice along the way. Probably the Champs League. I don't know if you could keep both going.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:It'll all come crashing down soon.

I hope. :?
I don't think 'crashing down' is likely - it'll be tight at the top all year, as it always is. Our next half a dozen games don't look like the hardest bunch we could have, especially with 4 of them at home: Pompey (h), Spurs (a), West Brom (h), Bolton (a), Fulham (h), West Ham (h), which leads us into December. You'd realistically hope for 10 points at least from those home games, and probably settle for a point away at a rejuvenated Spurs and a place where we have a pretty shitty record.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Fair play, yesterday was a big result for you in many ways. It shows you've come on a bit.

I think I've said on here elsewhere and continue to say it. If you guys want to win the league, I think personally, you'll have to make a cup sacrifice along the way. Probably the Champs League. I don't know if you could keep both going.
Well a win against Atleti in two weeks' time would pretty much give us 2 dead games in the group, which would give a perfect chance to rest a few players and concentrate more on the league games in the run up to a busy December, and then it doesn't come back into play until mid-late February. We'll see where we are then, but assuming we don't have a complete decimation of our squad through injuries I think we'll have enough to push on two fronts. If we're going to 'give up' a cup, it'll more likely be the FA Cup than the CL, I think, as that causes more fixture headaches and pile-ups than the CL does.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ThePosterFormerlyKnownAs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Champions elect.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:43 pm

I hope this thread was also dedicated to Hull on Saturday!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:56 pm

keveh wrote:I hope this thread was also dedicated to Hull on Saturday!
If someone said we'd be 3 points clear of Hull at this stage of the season then I'd've been happy ;)

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:09 pm

So would we have been

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:40 pm

I hope Liverpool win the league!! And I think they can!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:20 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:I hope Liverpool win the league!! And I think they can!
Nawwww you really think big Phil will not have burned the paint off the dressingroom walls with his after game speech :wink:

Chelski ain't going to lose many more this season, Liverpool are fecked if Gerrard starts sh*gging again and his back goes.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:28 pm

hoboh2o wrote:Chelski ain't going to lose many more this season, Liverpool are fecked if Gerrard starts sh*gging again and his back goes.
Aye, cos we didn't beat Man United without him, did we? And we went a goal down. Good old one man team, good job Torres was playing.

Oh.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:05 pm

blurred wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:Chelski ain't going to lose many more this season, Liverpool are fecked if Gerrard starts sh*gging again and his back goes.
Aye, cos we didn't beat Man United without him, did we? And we went a goal down. Good old one man team, good job Torres was playing.

Oh.

Strewth Barcodes mark11!!

If your there at Christmas maybe, being green eyed over the big 3 dosn't wash you know :mrgreen:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:40 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
blurred wrote:

Oh.

Strewth Barcodes mark11!!

If your there at Christmas maybe, being green eyed over the big 3 dosn't wash you know :mrgreen:
Oh now come on hoboh20, give the man his 15 minutes! :wink:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:04 pm

giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Said it before and I'll say it again: good luck to 'em, rather them than Chelsea or the Salford slags.

Finished 11pts off the pace last season after getting two draws against Chelsea, two against Arsenal and two losses against the filth. Easier typed than done, but change those into wins and... well, you're getting there. Keep going; the league needs more variety. You lot winning it would be a start.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:07 am

Stuff variety if it involves that awful club winning it.

Shame they managed to scrape through last night to keep things going...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families