Fans bunking in, getting in on fake tickets...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Fans bunking in, getting in on fake tickets...

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 am

...another Liverpool thread? Oh no, it's the media's darlings from Salford this time:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _fury.html
MANCHESTER United today promised to investigate claims that more than 100 fans were turned away from last night's European clash with Celtic in Glasgow - despite having genuine tickets. The Reds fans were refused entry after turnstiles at Celtic Park were closed and both club officials and police refused to open them.

Today police in Glasgow said the turnstiles were closed because the United end was full - apparently because some fans had got in with forged tickets. Earlier in the day they had warned that hundreds of forged tickets for the United section were in circulation. Now many United supporters intend to seek compensation from Celtic.

Emma Dodd travelled by train to Glasgow with her partner Russell Ponsonby.

She said: "We are members of United's loyalty card scheme. We had attended the Benfica away game and therefore qualified to get a ticket for the Celtic game. We bought the tickets, which were '40 each, from United.

"When Russell tried to get in at the turnstile a red light went off indicating that the bar code system on the turnstile was rejecting the ticket. We went to the ticket office and they confirmed that the ticket was genuine - but when we went back to the turnstiles they were closed.

Angry

"Officials said they had been closed on police orders. About 100 United fans were locked out. They were angry but there was no trouble."

Emma added: "We booked a place at a hotel in Glasgow and together with the price of the ticket, and the rail fare, it had cost us '150 each. It was devastating not to be allowed in when we had genuine tickets.

"I intend to do my utmost to follow this up with Celtic and seek some kind of compensation. I have been a United season ticket holder for 17 years.

"I tried to speak to the police chief in charge of the game on the phone, but other officers would not let me speak to him."

Dave Whittle, who was at the game with his father told a similar story. He said: "We got to the turnstile around 25 minutes before kick-off but it was chaos. My father's ticket would not be accepted, so a steward, who was doing absolutely nothing to help, pulled him away and directed him to the ticket office who issued him with another.

"He then sprinted back to the turnstiles but was informed by police that they were closed and nobody else was allowed in.

Sham

"I just think the whole situation was a sham."

Today a spokesman for United said they had been contacted by travelling supporters upset at their treatment outside the ground. He said: "We've heard complaints from a few fans this morning and will be looking into what happened. "We plan to contact Greater Manchester Police to see how much information they can gather from their Scottish counterparts."

This morning United messageboards on the internet were flooded with posts from fans who claimed to have made the journey north with legitimate tickets and failed to gain entry. But Strathclyde Police claimed that the turnstiles at the United end were not closed until half an hour after kick-off.

A spokesman said: "The turnstiles were closed 30 minutes after the game commenced due to the Manchester United area of the ground being full.

"This would appear to have been caused by fans gaining entry with fraudulent tickets or other means. The decision was taken on the grounds of public safety and with the full agreement of Glasgow Celtic Football Club."
Must be the first time it's happened to them, though. Mustn't it?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:45 am

I bet the forgeries were printed on Murkyside! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:55 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I bet the forgeries were printed on Murkyside! :D
We don't even print our own newspaper on Merseyside any more (the Echo/Post have moved to Oldham), so bet they've taken the forgeries racket off us too.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 am

blurred wrote:
We don't even print our own newspaper on Merseyside any more (the Echo/Post have moved to Oldham), so bet they've taken the forgeries racket off us too.
It's the end of life as we know it when your industry moves to Oldham.

You'll be able to tell when the Biffos (Big Ignorant Fickers From Oldham) are printing your jobs. All the posters will say "Benitez is a pckir!" :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 pm

any evidence for your claims blurred? Administration error been ruled out has it?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
blurred wrote:
It's the end of life as we know it when your industry moves to Oldham.

You'll be able to tell when the Biffos (Big Ignorant Fickers From Oldham) are printing your jobs. All the posters will say "Benitez is a pckir!" :wink:
:lmfao:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Turning away Man Utd fans with genuine tickets sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe we should try it at the Reebok. It does, after all, say something along the lines of "management reserve the right to refuse admission". And what better grounds to refuse it on than being a hideous, filthy Rags bastard?
Seems perfectly reasonable.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Puskas wrote:Turning away Man Utd fans with genuine tickets sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe we should try it at the Reebok. It does, after all, say something along the lines of "management reserve the right to refuse admission". And what better grounds to refuse it on than being a hideous, filthy Rags bastard?
Seems perfectly reasonable.
Then maybe they could go to a bolton pub to watch it on telly?

The Starkie would be a good idea.

Or the Rocket.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:any evidence for your claims blurred? Administration error been ruled out has it?
The stewards said the area of the ground was full. I doubt that this error was caused by one fella trying to count all the Mancs through the turnstiles, I think that that process might just be automatic?

Of course your 'admin error' theory could well hold true, because this is the first time that it's happened to Man United in the Champions League away from home, isn't it? Oh, yeah, that thing in Lille which was blamed on a load of fake tickets and the overcrowding in the lower pen that nearly led to a re-run of Hillsborough. Yeah, that was an admin error, too. Man United are above reproach on this, and it's only Liverpool who have any problems abroad with tickets and police and things...
Last edited by blurred on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 pm

stop crying blurred you massive scouse queen

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 pm

James B wrote:stop crying blurred you massive scouse queen
I'm not crying :conf:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:31 am

blurred wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:any evidence for your claims blurred? Administration error been ruled out has it?
The stewards said the area of the ground was full. I doubt that this error was caused by one fella trying to count all the Mancs through the turnstiles, I think that that process might just be automatic?

Of course your 'admin error' theory could well hold true, because this is the first time that it's happened to Man United in the Champions League away from home, isn't it? Oh, yeah, that thing in Lyon which was blamed on a load of fake tickets and the overcrowding in the lower pen that nearly led to a re-run of Hillsborough. Yeah, that was an admin error, too. Man United are above reproach on this, and it's only Liverpool who have any problems abroad with tickets and police and things...
any evidence that scousers weren't responsible for this?

And as someone who has helped non-ticket holders in to a ground, there might just be a hint of hypocrisy from you on this issue.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:25 am

blurred wrote:
So you're not denying being a massive scouse queen then? :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:32 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
blurred wrote:
So you're not denying being a massive scouse queen then? :mrgreen:
Nope :mrgreen:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 am

communistworkethic wrote:any evidence that scousers weren't responsible for this?

And as someone who has helped non-ticket holders in to a ground, there might just be a hint of hypocrisy from you on this issue.
Any evidence that they are? Or perhaps you could just stop being a complete tool for a moment.

I'm not being hypocritical at all, I know it goes on at Liverpool games, I've witnessed it, read the stories, been in overcrowded stands; I'm fairly sure it goes on at just about every major club where supply wildly exceeds demand (whether it's people 'double-clicking', or passing back a ticket to be used again, bribing a steward or just finding other ways into the ground). I was merely pointing out that those darlings from Salford are no different, despite what the general media perceptions may be.

Milky_Joe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Milky_Joe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:48 pm

blurred wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:any evidence that scousers weren't responsible for this?

Any evidence that they are? Or perhaps you could just stop being a complete tool for a moment.

I'm not being hypocritical at all, I know it goes on at Liverpool games, I've witnessed it, read the stories, been in overcrowded stands; I'm fairly sure it goes on at just about every major club where supply wildly exceeds demand (whether it's people 'double-clicking', or passing back a ticket to be used again, bribing a steward or just finding other ways into the ground). I was merely pointing out that those darlings from Salford are no different, despite what the general media perceptions may be.
And we should care because?

Them doing it doesn't make it right for the scousers to do it as well, but that's the rationale you hear so often from both sets of fans....

It's like naughty schoolkids.... "He started it sir"

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Milky_Joe wrote:And we should care because?

Them doing it doesn't make it right for the scousers to do it as well, but that's the rationale you hear so often from both sets of fans....

Not saying it does, just pointing out that as so many on here seem to think that getting in to a ground by means other than having paid for your own ticket in your own name is purely a Liverpool preserve that this is far from the case. It goes on everywhere.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:51 pm

So the conclusion is.....

You're both a set of trouble causing c*nts.

Works for me.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:57 pm

blurred wrote:
Milky_Joe wrote:And we should care because?

Not saying it does, just pointing out that as so many on here seem to think that getting in to a ground by means other than having paid for your own ticket in your own name is purely a Liverpool preserve that this is far from the case. It goes on everywhere.
It goes on predominantly with Scousers, and now we've a reported case from Man U as well. Seeing as Manchester & Liverpool are two of the most horribly populated cities I've had the misfortune to visit, I can only say I'm shocked. :wink:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:21 pm

fatshaft wrote:It goes on predominantly with Scousers, and now we've a reported case from Man U as well.
Don't forget Lille (was it last year or the year before? can't be arsed searching for a date). Oh, only that didn't really make the national media, did it? This one didn't either.
Last edited by blurred on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.