Inked Players

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:28 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Salford Trotter,

You have every right to voice your opinion. As you quite rightly say, you did point out that people have a choice.

Commie's just going to have to learn to deal with cold wet Monday mornings. They happen to all of us.

Tattoos? I don't mind them myself - as long as they are spelt correctly. :D
Indeed. A friend of mine got the sack for spelling Welcome with 2 LL's on a lady's front bottom! :roll: :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Salford Trotter,

You have every right to voice your opinion. As you quite rightly say, you did point out that people have a choice.

Commie's just going to have to learn to deal with cold wet Monday mornings. They happen to all of us.

Tattoos? I don't mind them myself - as long as they are spelt correctly. :D
Indeed. A friend of mine got the sack for spelling Welcome with 2 LL's on a lady's front bottom! :roll: :mrgreen:
Marvellous! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:00 am

I can't find the tattoo someone had done on their back just after the Athens Olympics of Kelly Holmes. Or, as the tattoo had it, "Kelly Homes".
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:48 am

Working in Scotland a few years ago, there were a bunch of Geordies staying in the same hotel as me. One of them proudly showed me the Andy Cole tattoo in Newcastle kit on his forearm. Impressive piece of art it was too.

Next day he was transferred to Manchester United (Andy Cole, not the Geordie)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: Inked Players

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd just say that it's an each unto their own thing, missen.
Agree with that, but then I would because I have some ink myself. As does me missus.

I'm still surprised at the stigma that comes with tattoos. I thought we lived in a more enlightened age. :?
Im curious as to whats so enlightened about being covered in permanent ink? :?

enlighted as to accepting people's choices to do things which do absolutely no harm to anyone else, so should warrant some whinger.
So we're not allowed to have an opinion now without it being classed as a whinge? If you read my original post commie (before you whinged about it) then you will have noted that I respect the right that people have a choice.
bullshit.
There seems to be a growing trend, probably started by Beckham, that has seen a number of footballers sport some elaborate tattoos. It may look impressive to some but I just can't understand why someone would want to put some permanent design anywhere on your body let alone all the way down your arm like Taylor and Steinsson. As for girls and tattoos they're just tramp stamps imho.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:51 pm

warthog wrote:Working in Scotland a few years ago, there were a bunch of Geordies staying in the same hotel as me. One of them proudly showed me the Andy Cole tattoo in Newcastle kit on his forearm. Impressive piece of art it was too.

Next day he was transferred to Manchester United (Andy Cole, not the Geordie)
I remember seeing something similar in a paper at the time. Some Geordie feck* had had Andy Cole's image tattooed onto, I think, his leg, proclaiming him to be 'Black Flash' or some sort underneath. The prick.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:01 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd just say that it's an each unto their own thing, missen.
Agree with that, but then I would because I have some ink myself. As does me missus.

I'm still surprised at the stigma that comes with tattoos. I thought we lived in a more enlightened age. :?
Perhaps I should explain.

First of all, it wasn't a dig at anyone here. Some folks like tattoo's, some don't. That's fine.

What I meant was that it bugs me when people assume I have a single digit IQ because I decided to have a tattoo. As I've already stated I'm not accusing anyone on this board of jumping to that conclusion, but it does happen.

Like all things in life there are good tats and bad ones. The good ones can be absolutely stunning. But it's all a matter of taste... :mrgreen: Live and let live I say.
Don't call it a comeback

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:01 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote: Agree with that, but then I would because I have some ink myself. As does me missus.

enlighted as to accepting people's choices to do things which do absolutely no harm to anyone else, so should warrant some whinger.
So we're not allowed to have an opinion now without it being classed as a whinge? If you read my original post commie (before you whinged about it) then you will have noted that I respect the right that people have a choice.
bullshit.
There seems to be a growing trend, probably started by Beckham, that has seen a number of footballers sport some elaborate tattoos. It may look impressive to some but I just can't understand why someone would want to put some permanent design anywhere on your body let alone all the way down your arm like Taylor and Steinsson. As for girls and tattoos they're just tramp stamps imho.
empty vessels
The Voice Of Reason

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 pm

you've been shown to be wrong, accept it, it won't be the last time.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm not wrong..are you always as such a plonker?
The Voice Of Reason

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:I'm not wrong..are you always as such a plonker?
how aren't you wrong? where does your post suggest that you are in anyway tolerant of people with tattoos? You in fact go on to categorise all women with tattoos as 'tramps'. Yes, so very respectful of people's choices. why are you always so wrong?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:36 pm

I don't need to prove anything! You're wrong, accept it, it won't be the last time now move on
The Voice Of Reason

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:I don't need to prove anything! You're wrong, accept it, it won't be the last time now move on
yes very good, "i'm not, you are", save it for school tomorrow.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Leave it there chaps.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!