Inked Players

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Inked Players

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:28 pm

There seems to be a growing trend, probably started by Beckham, that has seen a number of footballers sport some elaborate tattoos. It may look impressive to some but I just can't understand why someone would want to put some permanent design anywhere on your body let alone all the way down your arm like Taylor and Steinsson. As for girls and tattoos they're just tramp stamps imho.
The Voice Of Reason

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: Inked Players

Post by William the White » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:34 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:There seems to be a growing trend, probably started by Beckham, that has seen a number of footballers sport some elaborate tattoos. It may look impressive to some but I just can't understand why someone would want to put some permanent design anywhere on your body let alone all the way down your arm like Taylor and Steinsson. As for girls and tattoos they're just tramp stamps imho.
If you live in Salford you may find yourself repelled by the company pretty much 24/7.

I guess.

Or have you moved to Tunbridge Wells?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:40 pm

William the White wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:There seems to be a growing trend, probably started by Beckham, that has seen a number of footballers sport some elaborate tattoos. It may look impressive to some but I just can't understand why someone would want to put some permanent design anywhere on your body let alone all the way down your arm like Taylor and Steinsson. As for girls and tattoos they're just tramp stamps imho.
If you live in Salford you may find yourself repelled by the company pretty much 24/7.

I guess.

Or have you moved to Tunbridge Wells?
I do live in Salford and probably in an area considered to be relatively nice but I agree, I'm probably in the minority. I just don't see the point of them and I guessing most will regret having them as they get older.
The Voice Of Reason

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 am

Salford Trotter wrote:There seems to be a growing trend, probably started by Beckham, that has seen a number of footballers sport some elaborate tattoos.
Now there's a leap of logic. So Gretar Steinsson might have remained 'ink' free had he not seen Beckham turn up looking like the back of a shithouse door? Fair enough. :?

I'd just say that it's an each unto their own thing, missen.
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:42 am

moron.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:21 am

communistworkethic wrote:moron.
Almost Batty like CWE.

Who ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 am

Body art has been around since Adam were a lad.

Tribal body art has seen a resurgence in popularity recently and there are some fantasic examples in the Rock Genre.

People have tattoos for all manner of reasons, and if people take the time to choose the right design they can be considere works of art in their own right.

I am, however, a little snobby about 'ass antlers' on girls. :roll:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:46 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
Body art has been around since Adam were a lad.

Tribal body art has seen a resurgence in popularity recently and there are some fantasic examples in the Rock Genre.

People have tattoos for all manner of reasons, and if people take the time to choose the right design they can be considere works of art in their own right.

I am, however, a little snobby about 'ass antlers' on girls. :roll:
Like I said, this is a personal view to which we're all entitled to.
The Voice Of Reason

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 pm

I've got quite a few tattoos and it's nothing to do with a trend, or to be fashionable, it's a personal choice and one which I love! The tattoos I have are very personal to me and it's, as Bruce says, my choice - each to their own!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Not a fan of tattoos, but if people want to walk round looking like they've had an accident in a biro factory, then let 'em.

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd just say that it's an each unto their own thing, missen.
Agree with that, but then I would because I have some ink myself. As does me missus.

I'm still surprised at the stigma that comes with tattoos. I thought we lived in a more enlightened age. :?
Don't call it a comeback

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Rated R Superstar wrote:
Agree with that, but then I would because I have some ink myself. As does me missus.

I'm still surprised at the stigma that comes with tattoos. I thought we lived in a more enlightened age. :?
Im curious as to whats so enlightened about being covered in permanent ink? :?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:13 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:

I believe the word should be endarkened, superjohn. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:06 pm

The worst effort and originality award must go to Danny Guthrie. The big 'DG' must really do it for the ladies..........................

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm surprised that no-one mentioned Tofting in this thread.
I write words for a living. I play records for a living. Both of these thing should tell you that I'm a failed musician.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Presumably out of fear that he'd read it and then pop round to knock the shit out of them...

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:moron.
Almost Batty like CWE.

Who ?
clearly not my mate mr rioja.

stupid generalisations about tattoos and no different to stupid generalisations, generally. ;)

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:

enlighted as to accepting people's choices to do things which do absolutely no harm to anyone else, so should warrant some whinger.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:

enlighted as to accepting people's choices to do things which do absolutely no harm to anyone else, so should warrant some whinger.
So we're not allowed to have an opinion now without it being classed as a whinge? If you read my original post commie (before you whinged about it) then you will have noted that I respect the right that people have a choice.
The Voice Of Reason

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Salford Trotter,

You have every right to voice your opinion. As you quite rightly say, you did point out that people have a choice.

Commie's just going to have to learn to deal with cold wet Monday mornings. They happen to all of us.

Tattoos? I don't mind them myself - as long as they are spelt correctly. :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!