Paul Ince - praise for a change

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: ESL

Post by Marshall » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Image

:lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20865
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Marshall wrote:Image

:lol:


Dunno whether my computers broken but that gif didnt move on my screen, is that the one with Ince's tactical instructions when around the box?






















Shoot.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3057
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 pm


jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Post by jaffka » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:59 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Stolen from WWs:

http://www.petitiononline.com/goindown/petition.html
:lol:
:D

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2750
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Post by jimbo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Marshall wrote:Image

:lol:
You may mock, but when was the last time you saw an Arsenal player shoot on sight? I'm wondering whether this clever Ince tactic has by-passed Mr Wenger.

senorjoeyo
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by senorjoeyo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:26 pm

jimbo wrote:
Marshall wrote:Image

:lol:
You may mock, but when was the last time you saw an Arsenal player shoot on sight? I'm wondering whether this clever Ince tactic has by-passed Mr Wenger.
Shooting on sight isn't a bad tactic, the point is the bafoon had to write it down with a picture.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by FD » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Why is Ince the buffoon for having to write it? Surely it's yet more proof that footballers are thick?

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: Adlington

Post by eddybwfc » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm

"Time to go Incey, leave now and take 'defensive coach' Nigel Winterburn with you! What a load of rubbish."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

warthog
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Nearer to Ewood Park than I like

Post by warthog » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Portsmouth have just been pasted by Newcastle, which leaves the Dingles five points adrift of the team above them.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 pm

hope they give ince the time he needs!






































to take rovers down :lol:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7404
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:08 pm
Location: in your wife's dreams
Contact:

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:10 pm

he's only being picked on cos he's black. no sorry it's an anti- manu conspiracy. no it's cos he's got a receding hair line. no it's cos his name rhymes with mince.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:04 pm

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm glad someone else has commented on this. It wasn't so long since Ince was moaning that black managers didn't get the same opportunities. Well, what's his excuse now? There was a reason Ince didn't get chances at other Premiership clubs, and it wasn't to do with the colour of his skin

Having said that, if he plays a part in the demise of Dirtburn he can be made a freeman of Bolton and given keys to the town

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20865
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:40 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm glad someone else has commented on this. It wasn't so long since Ince was moaning that black managers didn't get the same opportunities. Well, what's his excuse now? There was a reason Ince didn't get chances at other Premiership clubs, and it wasn't to do with the colour of his skin

Having said that, if he plays a part in the demise of Dirtburn he can be made a freeman of Bolton and given keys to the town
I don't think the fact he is rubbish disproves his original point. What a lot of people have said (not particularly you HRG) borders on a twisted racist syllogism. Paul Ince is black. Paul Ince is rubbish. Therefore, black managers are rubbish. The statement that there are fewer black managers and coaches at football league clubs than you would expect given demographic's of the population AND current players, is certainly true. There are many reasons this could be, racism being one of them. It could also be the fact that since there havent yet been many black managers in this country, there are no real role models, or the fact that whilst there are many black players now, the fact that black players werent all that common until the late 70's means there arent that many black ex-footballers of management age. Personally i think there is a combination of all of these factors.

I do find the comparision between Roy Keane and Ince interesting. They were very similar players, very similar characters, both driven, both controversial and yet Keane walked into a job at Sunderland, and Ince ended up at Macclesfield. Similarly Southgate walked into the Bruff job. Now theres the argument that Keane and Southgate went straight to mangement, whereas Ince waited and perhaps wasnt at the front of consciousness as much, which needs to be considered. Also Southgate had just retired at Bruff, and Keane and Quinn clearly have a link. All this together though means i can certainly see why Paul Ince feels football is rife with racsim.

All that said he himself is still wank, and I would love him forever if he took them down.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:04 pm

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Numbers, pure and simple. There are more Southgates, Pearces and co breaking through the coaching ranks. Paul Ince was the first black captain of England wasn't he? So that indicates very little went before him player wise, so it'll be some time before a manager broke through.

In fairness to Ince, it might not have all been him, I'm sure the press will have picked up on a tiny quote and managed to blow it beyond any type of proportion. But we had a similar discussion to this in the Strictly Come Dancing scenario. There wasn't racism involved, just some dancers happened to be better than others.

I find all this racism stuff really baffling, I'm at an age where I really don't see colour or religion any more than I would judge someone on their blood type.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 pm

There WAS a racist aspect to Roy Keane getting the Sunderland job. Sunderland had been taken over by an Irish group, Chaired & fronted by Niall Quinn & they gave the job to a guy they knew ... & who COULD have been a great manager, but it turned out wasn't.

The link was that they knew him due to his Irish background.

Hardly racism in the traditional sense, but ...


The issue I have with Ince is that he ... or people on his behalf ... are suggesting his predicament is due to his skin colour. It's not ... it's because he's shite.

Maybe Bolton were guilty of sizeism in binning-off Sammy Lee.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20865
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:There WAS a racist aspect to Roy Keane getting the Sunderland job. Sunderland had been taken over by an Irish group, Chaired & fronted by Niall Quinn & they gave the job to a guy they knew ... & who COULD have been a great manager, but it turned out wasn't.

The link was that they knew him due to his Irish background.

Hardly racism in the traditional sense, but ...


The issue I have with Ince is that he ... or people on his behalf ... are suggesting his predicament is due to his skin colour. It's not ... it's because he's shite.

Maybe Bolton were guilty of sizeism in binning-off Sammy Lee.
Agreed completely. I understand and perhaps sympathise when he complains that he had to start at a lower level than his contempories, though my sympathy is wafer thin seeing as none of them have any qualifications, and as someone who has no past football career, yet have done 5 years coaching, it pisses me off how they walk into jobs full stop. All that said however, the reason he is getting stick now is because he isnt doing a good job, I don't see how he can claim anything else. Although, to momentarily play devil's advocate, Roy Keane, who started at Sunderland, inherited a decent side and has had millions to jizz on rubbish for some reason is held in the highest esteem by the media, and yet Paul Ince who for my money acheived more than Keane did is never quite hailed as a future great manager for some reason. My view, they're both rubbish!

All this doesnt take away from the general fact that there are fewer black managers and coaches than would be expected.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8454
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Trotter Shop

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:There WAS a racist aspect to Roy Keane getting the Sunderland job. Sunderland had been taken over by an Irish group, Chaired & fronted by Niall Quinn & they gave the job to a guy they knew ... & who COULD have been a great manager, but it turned out wasn't.

The link was that they knew him due to his Irish background.

Hardly racism in the traditional sense, but ...


The issue I have with Ince is that he ... or people on his behalf ... are suggesting his predicament is due to his skin colour. It's not ... it's because he's shite.

Maybe Bolton were guilty of sizeism in binning-off Sammy Lee.
Agreed completely. I understand and perhaps sympathise when he complains that he had to start at a lower level than his contempories, though my sympathy is wafer thin seeing as none of them have any qualifications, and as someone who has no past football career, yet have done 5 years coaching, it pisses me off how they walk into jobs full stop. All that said however, the reason he is getting stick now is because he isnt doing a good job, I don't see how he can claim anything else. Although, to momentarily play devil's advocate, Roy Keane, who started at Sunderland, inherited a decent side and has had millions to jizz on rubbish for some reason is held in the highest esteem by the media, and yet Paul Ince who for my money acheived more than Keane did is never quite hailed as a future great manager for some reason. My view, they're both rubbish!

All this doesnt take away from the general fact that there are fewer black managers and coaches than would be expected.
Talking about Sammy Lee? Sizeist!

Verbal
Icon
Icon
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Silly London

Post by Verbal » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35 am

And the most insensitive headline of the week award goes to...

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Blogs/Chris- ... l-lynched/
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2750
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Post by jimbo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:59 am

Verbal wrote:And the most insensitive headline of the week award goes to...

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Blogs/Chris- ... l-lynched/
Well he is in a particularly backward part of the world.......................

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2750
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Post by jimbo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:01 am

Ince in board meeting at the moment according to SSN. Will be gone by tonight........................

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests