Murderers at it again

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Murderers at it again

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Have Liverpool FC no shame?

Have they no respect?

Who the fcuk do they think that are?

One of 'theirs' is guilty of a terrible crime and they once again trot out some second rate celeb to tell all and sundry this scum should be released

It doesn't surprise me anymore, but it makes my blood boil

Disgusting
Sto ut Serviam

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Murderers at it again

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:32 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Have Liverpool FC no shame?

Have they no respect?

One of 'theirs' is guilty of a terrible crime and they once again trot out some second rate celeb to tell all and sundry this scum should be released

Disgusting

What!??
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm right behind you CAPS, bloody scousers. You'll have to tell us what it's about first though so that I can vent my anti-Scouse ravings appropriately

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Oh, just some Free Shields bollocks on the pitch pre match, then this poxy 'mosaic' effort

Nowt much in the scheme of things, unless you feel that we ought to respect the rule of law
Sto ut Serviam

spraggy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spraggy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Sorry, what are you on about?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:35 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Oh, just some Free Shields bollocks on the pitch pre match, then this poxy 'mosaic' effort

Nowt much in the scheme of things, unless you feel that we ought to respect the rule of law
Mosaic ?!?!?! What tune ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:41 pm

spraggy wrote:Sorry, what are you on about?
Something to do with Michael Shields. I'd like just for one moment, for all the hand wringing to stop, and just one person to say, what about the guy who allegedly admitted it, standing up and doing the decent thing.

But of course that would go against everything that Scousers stand for, and it's a coin toss whether it was all a ruse in the first place.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:46 pm

So if someone else admitted to doing it, help me out as to why they shouldn't ask for the release of the person who's doing the time for it, quite possibly wrongly?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Apparently Stevie took a dive in the penalty area in the last minute, but the ref ignored it. Bad day for the Scousers.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:So if someone else admitted to doing it, help me out as to why they shouldn't ask for the release of the person who's doing the time for it, quite possibly wrongly?
As I read it the alleged confession did not bear out the facts and was, in any case, retracted.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:So if someone else admitted to doing it, help me out as to why they shouldn't ask for the release of the person who's doing the time for it, quite possibly wrongly?
Tell ya what

I committed the crimes Sutcliffe is serving time for

Lets let him out, too
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm

I guessed you'd know who really did it, seeing as you know everything else.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Have they no respect?

Disgusting
I think you should ask yourself if you have no shame.

It is almost certain michael shields is innocent of the crime - in fact was in bed asleep at the time it happened.

it is almost certain that the bulgarian police in their determination to get someone - anyone - for the crime framed him...

It is almost certain that the real perpetrator is the man that admitted it, then retracted that admission when he realised he'd have to serve time - and in bulgaria...

it is almost certain that this could have happened in Bulgaria to an innocent bolton fan, but for fortune...

and, if it had, I would hope BW fans would turn out in support of him or her...

Well done to the Scouse fans... and shame on any of us gloating about an innocent football fan spending more than 1000 days behind bars for a crime he didn't commit...

a withdrawal, CAPSLOCK, would be in order, i feel...

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 pm

William the White wrote:

Have they no respect?

Disgusting

It is almost certain michael shields is innocent of the crime - in fact was in bed asleep at the time it happened.

it is almost certain that the bulgarian police in their determination to get someone - anyone - for the crime framed him...

It is almost certain that the real perpetrator is the man that admitted it, then retracted that admission when he realised he'd have to serve time - and in bulgaria...

it is almost certain that this could have happened in Bulgaria to an innocent bolton fan, but for fortune...

Well done to the Scouse fans... and shame on any of us gloating about an innocent football fan spending more than 1000 days behind bars for a crime he didn't commit...

it's 'almost certain' on what basis?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:00 pm

William the White wrote:

Have they no respect?

Disgusting

No withdrawal

Owt I've seen makes him as likely as any other

ps I'm not gloating
Sto ut Serviam

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok - to CWE - I'm almost certain because another man - graham sankey - with a criminal record admitted his guilt. this was the first man arrested by the bulgarian police, then released.

they went to rearrest him to find that he'd checked out of the hotel. so they went to another room, where michael shields was asleep, and arrested him...

this hardly seems like a convincing investigation. it does seem like a determination to get a body at all costs... This is not unknown in the police world, including, alas, the UK police world - birmingham 6, guildford 4, etc...

the testimony of other liverpool fans that offer shields an alibi is supportive...

the repeated fingering of sankey by other fans is circumstailly supportive...

the identification procedures involved a 'parade' where shields was the only englishman, where he had been dressed in a white t-shirt not his own, where he had been held handcuffed in full view in the police station for up to four hours beforehand...

i'd be interested if any of our law students on this forum could comment on these procedures... but it looks like a frame to me...

To CAPS... He seems 'as likely as any other' seems a weakening of some major order from your original post... 'guilty of a terrible crime...' given what appears to be a significant change of position perhaps you would, on reflection, like to withdraw your original post? I think that would be a decent thing to do, since clearly you have more doubts than you once did.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 pm

3rd of May 2007, William

My position remains as it was
Sto ut Serviam

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:08 am

William the White wrote:Ok - to CWE - I'm almost certain because another man - graham sankey - with a criminal record admitted his guilt. this was the first man arrested by the bulgarian police, then released.
WTW, on RAWK there is a big petition thread to get Shields out, many months ago I asked why no-one was putting pressure on Sankey to do the decent thing, or why as many had posted, that "someone has owned up to it" was the fight not to get him in the dock so that Shields could go free?

Rather the Scousers of course think that the only right thing to do is to let one guy out, and let a murderer walk around safely in their midst at the same time.

You'd be amazed how many got into a discussion on my point. It was ZERO, not one commented on it, not one, not a single poster on RAWK thought that there was some merit in my view, or that it was even worthy of comment.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:13 am

Maybe there wasn't? The discussion of one mans guilt or innocence doesn't boil down to only releasing him if they get a replacement, despite the lynch-mob mentality being displayed here.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:16 am

fatshaft wrote:
William the White wrote:Ok - to CWE - I'm almost certain because another man - graham sankey - with a criminal record admitted his guilt. this was the first man arrested by the bulgarian police, then released.
WTW, on RAWK there is a big petition thread to get Shields out, many months ago I asked why no-one was putting pressure on Sankey to do the decent thing, or why as many had posted, that "someone has owned up to it" was the fight not to get him in the dock so that Shields could go free?

Rather the Scousers of course think that the only right thing to do is to let one guy out, and let a murderer walk around safely in their midst at the same time.

You'd be amazed how many got into a discussion on my point. It was ZERO, not one commented on it, not one, not a single poster on RAWK thought that there was some merit in my view, or that it was even worthy of comment.
That is very interesting, and surprising. I would want sankey charged if there was evidence that would stick, now that he has withdrawn his 'confession'. But I feel shields has been framed, and that an innocent supporter of his club should be released, even if the thug and hooligan that committed this appalling crime cannot be charged.