Another official demoted

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Another official demoted

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 pm

The linesman from Stamford Bridge on Sunday has been demoted - So when's it going to happen that a game with one of the teams outside the top 4 see an official demoted after a howler like this?

Do the FA not realise how biased they look by only ever acting when it's Liverpool or Chelsea?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Not sure I completely agree with the whole demotion thing. Why should Blackpool or another Championship team have to put up with an inept official any more than a Premier League side?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:30 pm

what a load of bollocks

i've seen linos get 3, 4, 5 calls wrong in a match

they'll give it all the spotlight bollocks but FFS

Out of interest

Arsenals other offside goal away from home this season. Where is the blind tosser with a flag from that match now?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Right decision - when an official gets something as horrificly wrong as this, they should be demoted. He's supposedly among the best linesmen in the country, and he made a horrific error. He should be punished.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:36 pm

blurred wrote:Right decision - when an official gets something as horrificly wrong as this, they should be demoted. He's supposedly among the best linesmen in the country, and he made a horrific error. He should be punished.
they'd have demoted so many by now we'd be left with me and you running the line blurred

agree with the sentiment but its the fact its only when it happens on Skys 'Super mega smashing great' Sunday and to a 'top' team that f*cks me off

see styles still gets games, week in, week out

and fans of watford will be pleased to see the leagues latest recruit earning a premier league bonus for officiating top flight matches (not that such thing exists of course?)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:39 pm

yes of course, poke his eyes out with sticks too. Becasue he had the benefit of a dozen slo-mo replays.

fecking witch hunt
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 pm

blurred wrote:Right decision - when an official gets something as horrificly wrong as this, they should be demoted. He's supposedly among the best linesmen in the country, and he made a horrific error. He should be punished.
"... best linesmen in the country ... " ..... read that again, slowly, & realise how ridiculous that sounds.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Another official demoted

Post by eddybwfc » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:03 am

fatshaft wrote:The linesman from Stamford Bridge on Sunday has been demoted - So when's it going to happen that a game with one of the teams outside the top 4 see an official demoted after a howler like this?

Do the FA not realise how biased they look by only ever acting when it's Liverpool or Chelsea?
But Rob Styles has not been demoted for Ronaldo Penalty against us, and Cahills' Goal ruled out

For all we know, that could of cost us 2 points, and who knows... We might need 2 points to stay up at end of season maybe, or getting into Europe (if we carry on the way were going)

Sorry, but they need so sort all the referees out before even thinking of demoting any linesmen.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:07 am

eddybwfc wrote:
fatshaft wrote:The linesman from Stamford Bridge on Sunday has been demoted - So when's it going to happen that a game with one of the teams outside the top 4 see an official demoted after a howler like this?

But Rob Styles has not been demoted for Ronaldo Penalty against us, and Cahills' Goal ruled out
That's because the Red Scum and the Red Scum profited from these incorrect decisions. If one of the big 4 don't complain about a bad decision then that goal or penalty incident is forgotten.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:23 am

What commie said. The decision here was the wrong one, but that was only obvious once the replays showed that one of the Chelsea defenders (Bosingwa?) had got back and had van Persie in an onside position a split second after Denilson played the ball. And, when that happens and the linesman has the slightest doubt and no use of freeze frames and 250 camera angles, the benefit should go to the attacker.

Sky makes their viewers super-human, and infinitely better referees, coaches and players than anyone actually involved in the match they're watching.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:46 am

eddybwfc wrote: But Rob Styles has not been demoted for Ronaldo Penalty against us, and Cahills' Goal ruled out
Add another horrendous penalty decision last night in the Stoke Derby game!! Making a habit of it this season isn't he..
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:02 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
"... best linesmen in the country ... " ..... read that again, slowly, & realise how ridiculous that sounds.
Should be referee's assistants? :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:38 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Should be referee's assistants? :mrgreen:
Either way, it's a it like being one of the country's greatest paper-boys !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:What commie said. The decision here was the wrong one, but that was only obvious once the replays showed that one of the Chelsea defenders (Bosingwa?) had got back and had van Persie in an onside position a split second after Denilson played the ball. And, when that happens and the linesman has the slightest doubt and no use of freeze frames and 250 camera angles, the benefit should go to the attacker.

Sky makes their viewers super-human, and infinitely better referees, coaches and players than anyone actually involved in the match they're watching.
I agree he's right.

My issue is with the FA here, they are being totally inconsistent. I think we all more or less agree that however bad refs are, they are generally making honest mistakes.

The FA meanhwile can sit forever and ponder these decisions, so having that time to make fair and consistent decisions, what do they do? They consistently take action when it involves one of the big four, but come out with comments such as "we can't demote refs (or linesmen) every time they make a mistake" when dealing with the Old Trafford penalty, or the goal that never was at Watford.

Then you get red cards, Terry's ridiculous appeal up[held when clearly he was deserving o at least a yellow, meanwhile Boro appeal (and there was another last season, I forget who) a terrible red card, and get it upgraded for being frivilous.

The FA are showing anything but an even hand in the last 2 years as far as dealing with appeals, refs & linesmen go, and even the most biased of fan can see that I would hope.