GK Howler #2: Artur Boruc

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:35 am

William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:AND, why does he get called The Holy Goalie? Someone must know! :conf:
No idea, Bruce, although the name is not particularly original - forty years ago that was the nickname of Joe Daley, one of the last to play without a mask. The Bishop of Chicago who plays goal in an over 30s league has the same nickname for obvious reasons.
August 2006 Old Firm game, and he gives the Hun crowd a blessing, for which he both earned the nickname, and got himself in hot water with the courts.

However with my record of accuracy in this thread, I'll let one of the forum Huns (Willie the White?) confirm or deny that as correct.
Eh???
Sorry, thought you had sworn allegiance to the forces of darkness, must be another Willie or White, certainly similar in name to yourself?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Admit it, you just wanted an excuse to mention Rangers and the name 'William' in the same sentence!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:34 pm

fatshaft wrote:
William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:AND, why does he get called The Holy Goalie? Someone must know! :conf:
No idea, Bruce, although the name is not particularly original - forty years ago that was the nickname of Joe Daley, one of the last to play without a mask. The Bishop of Chicago who plays goal in an over 30s league has the same nickname for obvious reasons.
August 2006 Old Firm game, and he gives the Hun crowd a blessing, for which he both earned the nickname, and got himself in hot water with the courts.

However with my record of accuracy in this thread, I'll let one of the forum Huns (Willie the White?) confirm or deny that as correct.
Eh???
Sorry, thought you had sworn allegiance to the forces of darkness, must be another Willie or White, certainly similar in name to yourself?
Temporary allegiance to Hibees. Come on mixu. :)

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:42 pm

William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: No idea, Bruce, although the name is not particularly original - forty years ago that was the nickname of Joe Daley, one of the last to play without a mask. The Bishop of Chicago who plays goal in an over 30s league has the same nickname for obvious reasons.

Eh???
Temporary allegiance to Hibees. Come on mixu. :)
I apologise wholeheartedly for the confusion. I need to take more pills I guess, more inaccuracies from me in this thread than in a Scousers testimony. :oops:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 am

William the White wrote:Temporary allegiance to Hibees. Come on mixu. :)
Trust me, it'll never leave you. It was the Mixu and Andy Walker connection that sealed it for me, first time around :)
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:50 pm

fatshaft wrote:
William the White wrote:
fatshaft wrote:I'll let one of the forum Huns (Willie the White?) confirm or deny that as correct.
Eh???
You're half-remembering a chap calling himself "White Army", I believe, 'shafty.