Most fatuous footballing comment ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:19 am

Can I add Steve Claridge to the list, not just for being a whiny cockernee b*llox merchant, but for his comment some while ago about wanting to play for better clubs than the "likes of Bolton and Blackburn". I can only imagine he wouldn't have played for Birmingham and Leicester then, if he'd had a choice.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:33 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Can I add Steve Claridge to the list, not just for being a whiny cockernee b*llox merchant, but for his comment some while ago about wanting to play for better clubs than the "likes of Bolton and Blackburn". I can only imagine he wouldn't have played for Birmingham and Leicester then, if he'd had a choice.
And on a similar note, Paul Merson!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 am

David Pleat has a way with the English Language - but it's not a good way.

Most of us know how to pronounce the first name of Chelsea's keeper. Not Mr Pleat. He refers to him as 'Petra Cech' which puts me in mind of that mangy Alsatian off Blue Peter.

I don't mind Alan Green. He's a wanker and I disagree with almost everything he says, but there is too much in the media that's bland and that he isn't.

Steve Claridge on the other hand, should be inhumanely euthanized. Lazy, lacking in knowledge and with nothing of interest to say. He must have been shagging someone to get the gig at the BBC.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:39 am

warthog wrote:David Pleat has a way with the English Language - but it's not a good way.

Most of us know how to pronounce the first name of Chelsea's keeper. Not Mr Pleat. He refers to him as 'Petra Cech' which puts me in mind of that mangy Alsatian off Blue Peter.

I don't mind Alan Green. He's a wanker and I disagree with almost everything he says, but there is too much in the media that's bland and that he isn't.

Steve Claridge on the other hand, should be inhumanely euthanized. Lazy, lacking in knowledge and with nothing of interest to say. He must have been shagging someone to get the gig at the BBC.
Perhaps he's confused him with one of those "girls" he used to crawl kerbs for?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Did anyone else hear Pleaty trying, and failing, to say "Uruguayan" later in the commentary last night? I nearly pi$$ed myself.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Can I add Steve Claridge to the list, not just for being a whiny cockernee b*llox merchant, but for his comment some while ago about wanting to play for better clubs than the "likes of Bolton and Blackburn". I can only imagine he wouldn't have played for Birmingham and Leicester then, if he'd had a choice.
I used to like him, until he practically had a tantrum on live TV at the anouncement that Diouf had signed for us. "He should be signing for Portsmouth. Bolton are a small club, Portsmouth are a massive club!"

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Did anyone else hear Pleaty trying, and failing, to say "Uruguayan" later in the commentary last night? I nearly pi$$ed myself.
i heard that

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Did anyone else hear Pleaty trying, and failing, to say "Uruguayan" later in the commentary last night? I nearly pi$$ed myself.
check my earlier post...the whole scene was comic.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Verbal wrote:
I know, but later in the game Pleat tried to say Uruguayan, and nearly choked in the attempt.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Verbal wrote:
I know, but later in the game Pleat tried to say Uruguayan, and nearly choked in the attempt.
Ah reet, think I was engrossed in FIFA 09 by that time. Dammit.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."